~Elites~
5 Possessed CSM
2 Terminators - Machine gun with sword attached + a mace *dont no name*
~Heavy~
Basilisk - Indirect

-----------------------
Thats my list won tons of games with it but dont know the points

#2 ·
Can Iron Warriors take possessed marines? I dont have my codex with me but that seems to stick out in memory.

Also, not having a list with a points total... well, thats just pretty dumb, for a whole host of reasons.

#4 ·
Phobos said:
Can Iron Warriors take possessed marines? I dont have my codex with me but that seems to stick out in memory.
IW's can take possessed, it's just daemon's their not allowed :yes: , that's not really an issue as the list is illegal anyway... Chosen Terminator's have a minimum squad requirement of five.

MD

#6 ·
So it's a list you've just come out with, but have won lots of games with...I don't understand, but on with the show, here are some thoughts on your list:

~HQ~
Terminator Lord - Dark Blade + Thunder Claw + Demonic Rune + Demonic Mutation
Ok.. the Dark Blade and Lightning claw are totally counter productive. They're expensive and the worse thing is that, you don't even benefit from an extra cc weapon attack. My suggesion is to lost the L.claws and claim the model just has another CC weapon. Otherwise ok, nice and cheap. Maybe consider a veteran skill for depending on what needs to be done.

~Troop~
6 CSM - All Bolters + 1 Heavy Bolter
5 CSM - All Bolters
I don't understand what the 5 man squad does or can acheive, maybe holding objectives.. but after two deaths they're useless. Replace them with an Obliterator and enjoy - you're Iron Warriors after all heh heh.
The other squads are a bit lack lustre, low number, no champion, no assault weapons. But many people field squads like that, so ok i s'pose.

~Elites~
5 Possessed CSM
A bit of CC support. Cool. Maybe consider a mArk or Talons. This improves their performance and neither break the bank.

2 Terminators - Machine gun with sword attached + a mace *dont no name*
Twin linked bolters with bayonet and a power weapon. Well.. if you've been winning with this list, then it hasn't been legal because you need at least 4 to form a retinue or 5 to form a squad.

~Heavy~
Basilisk - Indirect
I got no problems with basilisks :).

It's a bit hard to comment on your list beyond that. Do you have a codex? IF not go get one and read it several times.
If you do, then decide on a certain target, say 1000 or 1500 and post a list. Just remember not to post exact amounts but only unit TOTAL amounts.
EG: 6 marines with h.bolter - 89 points.

Good luck.

#7 ·
Actrully i havent used terminators yet and the T.Claw is just another CC i dont say it is thunder claw just said the actrull Weapon Name they do have talons as and im get some Terminators with 2 reaper cannon but then i need one more i might get a terminator captin *sorry for the bad english still learning but im pretty decent at it*

#8 ·
If you're not a native, then don't worry about making mistakes, but obviously, try your best. Most natives can barely speak English anyway, so don't worry ;). That would explain thunder claw VS lightning claw. Both sound cool though. MAybe we should call it the flash-flash-pika-pika-brilliant-claws instead. Abaddon wouldn't be so cool then would he?

Ok, with the terminator retinue sorted out, there's still a few issues with the list. Your list looks like it's about 1000 points or 1250 or something.
At that level, it's generally thought of as being a 'point sink' to include terminators but it's entirely up to you.

I would stongly recommend at least 1 or 2 obliterators though. They'll help your tactics a lot regardless of how you play.

#9 · (Edited)
just reamberd i have a box full of junk like 8 oblits so it wont matter to me what to add

new list is

~HQ~
Terminator Lord - Dark Blade + CC + Demonic Rune + Demonic Mutation
~Troop~
Aspiring Champ - Power Fist + Bolt Pistol
5 CSM - All Bolters
~Elites~
5 Possessed CSM
5 Terminators - 2 Twin Link Bolt 2 Reaper 1 AP
~Heavy~
Basilisk - Indirect
2 Oblitorators

Thinking of trading both 6 CSM - All Bolters + 1 Heavy Bolter for 6 CSM - All Bolters + 1 las + 1 plasma gun

#10 ·
You have 8 obliterators .. in your JUNK box... T_T.. it's alright for some isn't it?

Great. Just remember that, Obliterator are actually Elites so need to be moved to that slot. If the terminators are a retinue for the Lord, then they won't take up a slot.... or maybe they do.. i must admit i'm not 100% sure on this.
Either way, try fielding two squads of 2 obliterators. This will give you some nasty nasty firepower without being accused of 'cheesiness' or anything.

You should then probably test the army out and see which direction you want to take it. More big tanks? More marines bristling with guns?

#11 ·
Hey there, I play IWs.

OK first of all, i amy be being picky, but id like some spaces in your list!:rolleyes:
I cant read it very well all jumbled together.

~HQ~
Terminator Lord - Dark Blade + CC + Demonic Rune + Demonic Mutation
Drop rune, hes in a unit and has four guys who die for him.
He wants mutation.

~Elites~
5 Possessed CSM
5 Terminators - 2 Twin Link Bolt 2 Reaper 1 AP
2 Oblitorators
What have the possesed got? Id advise talons if you are undecided.

The termies, if they are a retinue, can have two reapers, otherwise they only have unit strength of 5. Im asuming the AP is a aspiring champion, he wants Daemonic strength. The unit needs some powerfists/chainfists, give them the guys with the reapers so you can keep them on the board when others die.

The Oblits are fine. Three Elites taken up!

~Troop~
5 CSM - All Bolters
No unit champions are required, take two plasma guns with each unit. The squads should be between 6-8 strong, larger the better.

~Heavy~
Basilisk - Indirect
Ive never liked it but it does its job well, just remember the minimum range.

just reamberd i have a box full of junk like 8 oblits so it wont matter to me what to add
Paint them up and use those beasts.
You have 8 obliterators .. in your JUNK box... T_T.. it's alright for some isn't it?
I found a BL forge world dred in mine! I was like, Were did you come from?

Thinking of trading both 6 CSM - All Bolters + 1 Heavy Bolter for 6 CSM - All Bolters + 1 las + 1 plasma gun
Nope, bad idea. If you have this combo, you are wasting the lascannon firing it at marines, you could have two shots not one. You waste the Plasma when you fire the Lascannon at a tank, as it most likely will not harm the tank and will fry the marine!

Good look, and remember brother, beat up anyone in yellow.

DJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.