Death Guard 1700 Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Guard 1700 Tournament

Going to a 40k Tournament On the 15th and am showing you my proposed list. My total is 1698 pts.

General GUO 150
    Gift of chaos

14 plague marines at 402pts
    MON
    Frags
    2 meltas
    Infiltrate
    Free asp champion upgrade (daemonvessel)
    D chains
    D str
    Manreaper
    spiky bits

Three of these units at 236pts each
    7 Plague marines
    MON
    2meltas
    Free asp upgrade
    Rot
    Powerfist
    D mutation
    Mounted in a Rhino w/ smoke launchers

2 Havok squads at 219 each
    7 marines
    MON
    4 plasma
    Infiltrate
    Free asp upgrade
    Rot

Plan is to infiltrate the daemonvessel and the two havoks and cause as much mayhem as I can while the rhino's drive up the field, pop smoke, and hopefully deploy right outside their line on the second turn. I will then use the rhino's to tank shock and block line of sight.

The GUO will stay inside his host until his vessel dies, whereupon he shall hopefully be in combat(why I gave him Gift of chaos.) I just love the expression on peoples faces when they find out that an aspiring champion has between 3 and 8 attacks(add another if charging) at strength 8. Plus he will be the last of 14 plague marines to go down. C&C welcome.

Thanks,

Dustin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Dustin, here are my thoughts on your list.
    Welcome to LO

I'm a little annoyed, because i was considering a very similar list on my way home, and when i get here,.. what do I find?

It's a solid list, so I shall skip the banal comments.

technically, one of your Rhino squads is fast attack. This may have impact upon deployment, but nothing illegal or anything.

Are you sure about having the GUO only surfacing once the vessel is killled? It's a mighty risky move, because you risk having him die in the first turn he comes out simply due to instability.
    Have you thought about giving your aspchamp essence? I know it sounds weird, but it means you get to enjoy the mr.man reaper as much as you can, and when he sustains a wound, that when you think, "ok, time to change". And possess him willfully and thus not sustain instability every turn. Eventually, the dice will turn on you.
    Might be worth it. It would be a shame to have the GUO just suddenely phase out without doing much. S8 is defintely not worth the GUO's point cost.

Other wise, i like the list.
    Personally, i'd dtop one of the rhino squads in favour of a tri las or auto cannon las cannon predator with daemonic possession. just to give you some long range potential and to mix up your game.

Good luck in the tournament.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice list!
    i love the GUO, hopefully you get good comp score for that, you should cause its fluffy as hell, by golly!

i say stay clear of preds your list should do well in most scenarios, and it does have a handle all be it a small handle on armor.

the 14 man squad sounds nice in theory, but at that squad size they are pretty much universally gunna deploy at 18" away minimum, and if you lose the roll to drop infiltrators first they will probably no where usefull. at squad size 7 they can really take advantage of the occasional wall, or other size 2+ terrain feature. i would really prefer to see you take 2 seperate squads of seven leaving one as daemon vessel and the other as the good ole power fisting nurg champ we all love. be very carefull of a speeder heavy list as 3 speaders should be able to tear through a 7 nurg marine squad in a turn with little to no help. again i really think the greater unclean will really shine in this list, he just does so much for you, hes the puss filled oozing center of the rotten nurgle candy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

The All foot thing is certianly more fluffy than a predator.
    Tank hunters on plasma havocs makes them as effective as autocannons too, but then they're a lot slower.

I agree with purple 40K about the 14 man squad also. however, if you can fit 8 men into cover, than you can claim cover saves for all. a bit beardy, but that is the way of the game.

I'm not an experienced nurgle player.. you'll have to ask someone like black katalyst what he does again the afore mentioned land speeders of doom.
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you give the champion who is going to be possessed a manreaper?! Or any upgrades at all? That's a huge waste of points. Make someone else the daemonvessel or give the manreaper to a different squad.

I would change the guy being possessed to someone who ISN'T in your gigantic 14 person squad. They need a leader much more than any of the other squads do simply because they can ensure he survives longer, and with infiltration will get into combat more quickly.
    Open up in the name of the Lawl!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the daemonhost champ

I'm pretty sure that you can't use that kit out for the champ. with chains, manreaper, and strength that puts you way over the 50pts of daemonic wargear/gifts that an asp. champ can take. other than that nice list, good to see that i'm not the only person who'll field a GD. lol. Also for a 14 strong squad i'd personally ditch the infiltrate and take F.charge instead as with 14 plague marines odds are you'll make it accross the battle field and it helps when you get into HTH... alot.

Varek Drauka
    "Let The Galaxy Burn!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by varek drauka View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you can't use that kit out for the champ. with chains, manreaper, and strength that puts you way over the 50pts of daemonic wargear/gifts that an asp. champ can take. other than that nice list, good to see that i'm not the only person who'll field a GD. lol. Also for a 14 strong squad i'd personally ditch the infiltrate and take F.charge instead as with 14 plague marines odds are you'll make it accross the battle field and it helps when you get into HTH... alot.

Varek Drauka
    "Let The Galaxy Burn!"

He's spot on. Can't believe i missed that. Drop Strength and you're good to go. You're only 5 points over. That would also render my advice about 'essence' to be totally lame too.. heh heh.
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woops man i should have checked my dex before that last reply. lol.

so upon closer inspection it apears that D.Chains do not infact cost 40pts as i was thinking in the first place, and that champ is totally legal as is. sorry about that. however i'm still agreeing with the whole why give a champ the manreaper in this situation?

Varek Drauka
    "Let The Galaxy Burn!"

+ Reply to Thread