1500 pts Death Guard Army - Friendly Use - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts Death Guard Army - Friendly Use

Hi, I've only recently started death guard so any help with this list would be great.

HQ
    Chaos Lord (140) - D/Mutation, D/Strenght, N/Rot, P/Fist, P/Pistol

TROOPS
    7 Plague Marines (203) - 1 P/Gun, 1 P/Sword, Rhino

7 Plague Marines (203) - As Above

7 Plague Bearers (112)

7 Plague Bearers (112)

7 Nurglings (70)

7 Nurglings (70)

FAST ATTACK

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Dreadnaught (155) - Lascannons, M/Launcher. Parasitic Possession

Defiler (230) - Havoc ML, Daemonic Possession, Parasitic Possession, Mutated Hull

TOTAL : 1498pts

So far against orks and space marines this list has faired really well (with one squad of nurglings taking down a terminator assault squad led by a chaplain in term/armour, whilst suffering only one wound). The basic idea behind the army is that the marines can rush forward and grab strong positions in cover, from where they can summon the daemons when the enemy is within about 12" so they can charge straight into combat. At the same time the nurglings can tie up squads on the flanks, and the heavy support choices can lay down covering fire and (in theory) slow the enemy down. Also the general joins one of the squads of marines in a rhino to beef them up a bit more. As I say, any feedback would be great.
    Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Hi, I've only recently started death guard so any help with this list would be great.
    Hey Andrew. Welcome to Librarium Online, and the Death Guard!

HQ
    Chaos Lord (140) - D/Mutation, D/Strenght, N/Rot, P/Fist, P/Pistol
    Relativley cheap, which is good. I'd drop D. Mutation for Spikey Bits. It's 5 points cheaper, and only a little bit less reliable. I'd also drop the P. Pistol for a regular pistol. It's a lot cheaper pointwise, and you don't want it overheating and damaging your Chaos Lord.

Also, I added up your lord and only got 120 points. Am I missing anything? If not, then you have some extra points to play around with. If you remove d. mutation for spikey bits, and drop the p. pistol for a regular pistol, then that will save another 20 points.

If your going to be hunting infantry, then you might want to consider switching out the Powerfist for something else. Maybe the Dark Blade, or Lighting Claws? If you're going to be targeting, or encounrtering enemy HQ or Elites, then it'd be nice to have the extra strength from the powerfist to wound more easily and instant kill. Plus, sense your Chaos Lord will be in a squad, going last in combat won't be as much of a problem.

Normally I'd suggest giving your Chaos Lord D. Aura, but again, sense he's in the squad, he probably won't need it.

7 Plague Marines (203) - 1 P/Gun, 1 P/Sword, Rhino

7 Plague Bearers (112)

7 Plague Bearers (112)

7 Nurglings (70)

7 Nurglings (70)
    Make sure to include the free AC's in your squads. Give them a pistol and a powerfist or plague sword. I like a mix, but some people like to have all powerfists, or all plague swords. Having plasma weapons on your AC's are risky, and I advise against it.

Dreadnaught (155) - Lascannons, M/Launcher. Parasitic Possession

Defiler (230) - Havoc ML, Daemonic Possession, Parasitic Possession, Mutated Hull
    I don't like chaos dreadnoughts, but that's a personal opinion.

I'd drop the Havoc ML. You should be shooting the battle cannon...

Also, the Defiler is very expensive. Cut down some of the upgrades for it. I'd probably drop all the upgrades, except for maybe Parasitic possesion. Also, consider giving it indirect fire. If you do this, then you can even drop parasitic possesion because you should be behind cover most of the time.

You might want to also consider dropping both the defiler and the dreadnought for 2 Predators. That might work better. For anti-infantry, turret autocannon and heavy bolter side sponsers, and for anti-armour/heavy infantry, turret twin linked lascannon OR a autocannon, and side sponswer lascannons.

So far against orks and space marines this list has faired really well
    That's good. Keep up the good work.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hey Andrew, here's some more advice for ya:

Power fist on HQ = waste of initiative 5.
    Plasma pistol on nurgle HQ = waste of improved toughness and waste of wounds, and wasted in cc.

My advice is to replace both with a man reaper - one of the best weapons available to Chaos.

On squads, I would personally always take power fist or plague sword for the asp champs on nurgle. Power weapons are nice at their I4.. but, power fists are actually a threat, you only have to hit a chappie once and he's popped. Plus if your boys happen to come accross the vehicles, they have a good chance of leaving it with some holes in before they go off somewhere else.

For heavy support, i agree with the good inquisitor.

Excellent battle story with the nurglings! you put that imperial scum down where they deserve to be
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_jones567 View Post

So far against orks and space marines this list has faired really well (with one squad of nurglings taking down a terminator assault squad led by a chaplain in term/armour, whilst suffering only one wound). The basic idea behind the army is that the marines can rush forward and grab strong positions in cover, from where they can summon the daemons when the enemy is within about 12" so they can charge straight into combat. At the same time the nurglings can tie up squads on the flanks, and the heavy support choices can lay down covering fire and (in theory) slow the enemy down. Also the general joins one of the squads of marines in a rhino to beef them up a bit more. As I say, any feedback would be great.
    Cheers.
    Hey there, for general comments, I think my only comment other than ones mentioned, is that plague bearers are generally considered not worth their points. Of the daemons available to chaos, plaguebearers have really a single role they can fit, and with the new FAQs(TMCs being utterly immune to instakill including plage swords.*caugh.. broken) they don't really have that even anymore. I think more plague marines would be great.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got some few changes.. chaos lord really should be equipped with a manreaper and drop mutation, drop plague swords for power fists, nurgles rot on all asp champs and P.Possesion is not very popular in nurgle armies that I've looked at but I use it too so I'm with you on that one lol.. like ur list pretty much though.. just a few changes.. good luck mate

+ Reply to Thread