1500 PT. Black Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Montgomery, Illinois
    Age
    41
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

    1500 PT. Black Legion

    Here is the list as it stands.

    H.Q.: Chaos Lord-MoK, Feel No Pain, icon, bike, D. Aura, Dark Blade=160pts.

    Elite:3 Obliterators=210pts.

    Fast Attack: 3 Bikes-2 meltaguns, MoCU, icon=125pts.

    8 Furies=120pts.

    Troops: 8 Bloodletters=208pts.

    9 Flamers=207pts.

    10 CSM's-infiltrate, MoCU, 2 meltaguns, icon, frag grenades, AC w/ Power Fist=248pts.

    Heavy: 7 Havocs-2 autocannon, 2 ML, tank hunter, infiltrate=220pts.

    Total:1498pts. 49 models

    The general idea is for the Lord and bikes to turbo up the flanks, summon demons(bloodletters and furies) then get into cc.(the bikes can help tank hunt if the oblits and havocs haven't done their job for some reason). The CSM's infiltrate somewhere in the middle of the board so they can summon the flamers for fire support and get into cc.. The oblits and Havocs are for tanks and large targets(Broadsides & Wraithlords). I play against mainly Tau, I.G., and Eldar. Any comments and suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    hey Necronid,here's my thoughts on your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post
    Here is the list as it stands.

    H.Q.: Chaos Lord-MoK, Feel No Pain, icon, bike, D. Aura, Dark Blade=160pts.
    Huh, Its been a while since I've seen a Khorne lord with a darkblade. For troops munchin, why not go with an axe of khorne instead? It'll be a little cheaper and if you throw on D.Strength, you'll be wounding almost as well as the D.Blade with a chance for a much bigger payoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post
    Elite:3 Obliterators=210pts.
    You just can't go wrong with oblits, but at 1500pts, I would suggest dropping to 2.
    They are dern nice and cool, but I've found that the sweet spot is 2 for effective fielding of these guys at this points level.
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post

    Fast Attack: 3 Bikes-2 meltaguns, MoCU, icon=125pts.

    8 Furies=120pts.
    I would prefer to see more bikers if you are going to use them right now, 3 of them with 2 meltaguns is a very expensive proposition for the number of wounds you get. I realize this is your tank hunting unit to zip around and cause general mayhem, but they will be targets and its not that hard to wound T5 guys(its annoying, but it happens) and with only 1 guy protecting your precious meltas you'll cringe every time they get shot at. I suggest a minumum group of 4, 5 would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post

    Troops: 8 Bloodletters=208pts.

    9 Flamers=207pts.
    I like. Flamers are pretty awesome in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post

    10 CSM's-infiltrate, MoCU, 2 meltaguns, icon, frag grenades, AC w/ Power Fist=248pts.
    Looks just fine, though since you want to infiltrate, consider dropping them down to 8 guys, it'll be a little easier to tuck them out of LOS. Either way, it could be argued that 10 wouldn't be too different to hide than 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post

    Heavy: 7 Havocs-2 autocannon, 2 ML, tank hunter, infiltrate=220pts.
    I would advise against mixing weapons in havoc squads. All autocannons, or all missile launchers. Its just better for the dice gods when you are rolling more dice with the same profile than a split profile.Though, I admit, of all the "split" weapons setups this isn't shabby, I just don't think its optimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post

    Total:1498pts. 49 models

    The general idea is for the Lord and bikes to turbo up the flanks, summon demons(bloodletters and furies) then get into cc.(the bikes can help tank hunt if the oblits and havocs haven't done their job for some reason). The CSM's infiltrate somewhere in the middle of the board so they can summon the flamers for fire support and get into cc.. The oblits and Havocs are for tanks and large targets(Broadsides & Wraithlords). I play against mainly Tau, I.G., and Eldar. Any comments and suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
    Overall, I like it, it FEELS black legion, in my opinion. Bikers, troopers, daemons, havocs oh MY! My only concern is your lack of "regular" troopers, the CSM squads. you have a lord and a CSM squad that is your summoning platform for your daemons, that's not bad odds, but I prefer having 3 summoning sources(I'm paranoid that way). If you can squeeze it in, i suggest a small 6-man CSM squad with 2x plasmaguns and a summoning icon, its cheap and effective.

    Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Montgomery, Illinois
    Age
    41
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

    Thanks for the advice. After reading Caluin's excellent article I have gone with 4 autocannons for the Havocs. I have dropped the CSM squad down to 8 and added an extra bike. Also, I traded out the Dark Blade for an Axe of Khorne and D. str. This gets the point total to exactly 1500 and makes the model total 48. There is a third summoning point on the bikes squad. They will be split from the Lord and attack on opposite flanks. One question about summoning. Say that all 3 demon units become available on the same turn, could they all be summoned from the same icon on the same turn? Not that I would want to but if bad things happen to one or more of my icon bearers I was just wondering if it would be possible to summon multiple units of demons from the same icon. Thanks again for answers and comments.

  5. #4
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by NecroNid View Post
    Thanks for the advice. After reading Caluin's excellent article I have gone with 4 autocannons for the Havocs. I have dropped the CSM squad down to 8 and added an extra bike. Also, I traded out the Dark Blade for an Axe of Khorne and D. str. This gets the point total to exactly 1500 and makes the model total 48. There is a third summoning point on the bikes squad. They will be split from the Lord and attack on opposite flanks. One question about summoning. Say that all 3 demon units become available on the same turn, could they all be summoned from the same icon on the same turn? Not that I would want to but if bad things happen to one or more of my icon bearers I was just wondering if it would be possible to summon multiple units of demons from the same icon. Thanks again for answers and comments.
    Yes, though I don't have a codex with me to confirm for sure, I'm 99% sure that multiple squads of daemons can summon from the same icon, you just run a higher risk of bad scatter, and accidentally landing on your own squad.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

  6. #5
    Sadomachiatto Karmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    7,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    790 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    Yes, though I don't have a codex with me to confirm for sure, I'm 99% sure that multiple squads of daemons can summon from the same icon, you just run a higher risk of bad scatter, and accidentally landing on your own squad.
    Nothing stipulates that you can't summon from the same icon. You do so at your own financial risk in light of space , as you mentioned, but the summoning rules aren't as tight as deepstriking rules.
    No 'if 1 circle is broken then all remaining are destroyed' or that stuff.. yeesh.
    LO Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts