1500 Black Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

1500 Black Legion

Alrighty, here is my army list for my Black Legion army I'm just starting. (I have some pics in the painting forum by the way). This is my first draft (and I'm a total noob ) so help is much needed!

Troops
    15 CSM
    Aspiring Champion
    MoU
    Frag Grenades
    Krak Grenades
    Demonic Strength
    Power First
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun
    Bolters

15 CSM
    Aspiring Champion
    MoU
    Frag Grenades
    Krak Grenades
    Demonic Strength
    Power First
    Flamer
    Meltagun
    BP + CCW

HQ
    Lieutenant
    MoU
    Frag Grenades
    Krak Grenades
    Dark Blade
    Bolt Pistol
    Demonic Aura
    Demonic Strength

Fast Attack
    8 Raptors
    Lightning Claws
    Frag Grenades
    Krak Grenades
    MoU
    2 Meltaguns

Heavy Support
    5 Havocs
    4 Autocannons
    Tank Hunters
    Krak Grenades
    MoU

Predator
    Twinlinked Lascannons
    Spoonsoon Lascannons

Elite
    2 Obliterators

Total = 1529
    Ok, so i'm 29 points over. That shouldn't really be a problem though, right?

Last edited by Bane; October 9th, 2006 at 20:48. Reason: Some Spelling Mistakes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

15 CSM
    Aspiring Champion
    MoU
    Frag Grenades
    Krak Grenades
    Demonic Strength
    Power First
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun
    Bolters

15 CSM
    Aspiring Champion
    MoU
    Frag Grenades
    Krak Grenades
    Demonic Strength
    Power First
    Flamer
    Meltagun
    BP + CCW
    Hmm. Divide these into 4 different squads, give each special weapons of their own, and give em' infiltrate. Drop D. Strength on the AC's.

HQ
    Lieutenant
    MoU
    Frag Grenades
    Krak Grenades
    Dark Blade
    Bolt Pistol
    Demonic Aura
    Demonic Strength
    Lacking speed. Add D. Speed or D. Flight - preferably D. Speed. It gives a better charging range. I'd also add Infiltrate, but it's not neccesary.

8 Raptors
    Lightning Claws
    Frag Grenades
    Krak Grenades
    MoU
    2 Meltaguns
    Good, but expensive.

Heavy Support
    5 Havocs
    4 Autocannons
    Tank Hunters
    Krak Grenades
    MoU
    Increase the squad to 8, or add 1 havoc, and take away 1 autocannon.

Elite
    2 Obliterators
    Obliteratores are always good.

Predator
    Twinlinked Lascannons
    Spoonsoon Lascannons
    This is your own peice of armour on the field. It will draw lots of fire, resulting in it going down pretty quickly. I'd either trade the havocs for another predator, or trade the predator for a squad of havocs.

Total = 1529
    Ok, so i'm 29 points over. That shouldn't really be a problem though, right?
    In friendly games it's probably fine, but in tournaments you'll have to get below 1500 points.

Most of the suggestions involved adding points, and you're already over in points. I'd remove the Raptors. This would get you the points you need to make most of the changes I suggested.

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Bane,

I would have advised you almost the same as Inquisitor Hause to the letter. :yes:

I gotta ask though.. is D.Str on the champs really that bad?
    Mind you, if they have power fists, i think that mutation/spikey bits might be better on them.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    I gotta ask though.. is D.Str on the champs really that bad?
    Mind you, if they have power fists, i think that mutation/spikey bits might be better on them.
    They do have Power Fists, and the extra strength is most definitely not needed, unless assaulting vehicles is on the immediate agenda.. S8 kills things pretty much just as well as S9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Very true lost nemesis.
    I dunno.. i always seem to find my champs assaulting an extra tough carnifex or C'tan or landraider's business end or something.
    They perform really well generally.

But, i guess S9 is excessive and not worth an amazing amount unless it's S10.. but then again, i often take furious charge....

Swings and round about eh?

I guess the d.str isn't needed then Bane.. but you can always dream
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Great! Thanks for all the info Inquisitor Hause, I'm working that into a revised copy now. I do have a few question though,

1. Regarding the Havocs and Predators, do you think I should get two predators with Lascannons all round and drop the Havocs all togeather? I ask because I've already ordered a box of Havocs. Either way I can always use them as Heavy Weapons in the regular CSM squads.

2. Would having a squad of 5 raptors with 2 meltaguns be alright point wise? I've heard ALOT of good things about these guys plus they look sooo bad-ass :ninja:. 5 seems to be a bit small for an assault were numbers can be a big factor. (I belive...)

3. Should I leave my Lieutenant as a Lieutenant or upgrade to a Lord? The only diffrence I can find is that one extra wound which doesn't seem worth the points. Also adding demonic speed.

4. Im going to split up my troops into 4 8 man squads with a PF. Should I give them 2 special/heavy weapons or save points by only giving them only one? (8 heavy weapons will amount to alot me thinks).

5. 2 Oblits enough?

Ok so maybe that's more than a few, but...well...

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

1. Regarding the Havocs and Predators, do you think I should get two predators with Lascannons all round and drop the Havocs all togeather? I ask because I've already ordered a box of Havocs. Either way I can always use them as Heavy Weapons in the regular CSM squads.
    Well, it's really up to you. I would probably just take the predators with autocannon turret and lascannon side sponswers for anti-tank, and for anti-infantry then autocannon turret and heavy bolter side sponsers until you have 2 havoc squads. Then I'd switch in the Havoc squads, but that's because I prefer havocs to other chaos heavy support.

2. Would having a squad of 5 raptors with 2 meltaguns be alright point wise? I've heard ALOT of good things about these guys plus they look sooo bad-ass . 5 seems to be a bit small for an assault were numbers can be a big factor. (I belive...)
    A Raptor squad of 5 would be too small, and shot up easily. Either have a larger squad, or drop them all together. Unfortunatly, you'll still probably have to drop the raptors for points, unless you were willing to drop something else.

3. Should I leave my Lieutenant as a Lieutenant or upgrade to a Lord? The only diffrence I can find is that one extra wound which doesn't seem worth the points. Also adding demonic speed.
    Leaving it as a Lieutenant would probably work fine. Just be careful if you run into army that can match your army in close combat.

4. Im going to split up my troops into 4 8 man squads with a PF. Should I give them 2 special/heavy weapons or save points by only giving them only one? (8 heavy weapons will amount to alot me thinks).
    Maybe just add 1 special weapon per squad. You will most likely be moving towards the enemy to get into assault, so you won't be able to shoot the heavy weapon anyway.

5. 2 Oblits enough?
    Yup. 2 Obliterators is a good squad number for a 1500 point game.

Hopefully that answered your questions.
    Ben
    Last edited by brushman; October 9th, 2006 at 23:27.

+ Reply to Thread