World Eaters, 1750p - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

World Eaters, 1750p

Basically, I've reworked my old list and come up with this one, hoping to get some positive feedback or maybe give someone else a bit of inspiration... and yes, I realise putting powerfist in all the berzerker squads might be an improvement to the list as a whole, but I feel that having three almost identical champions just makes the list alot more boring to both play and play against - hence the varied equipment on all my champions.

Even so, I think this list packs alot of punch, the Daemon Prince is one nasty bugger, the 24 berzerkers speak for themselves and the bikers will make for one early charge and combined with the possible arrival of 16 bloodletters from pretty much all my units it'll have the ability to strenghen it's flanks where neccessary.

Only thing I see lacking is in long range anti-tank, with just one lascannon to deal with heavy armour and an autocannon for skimmer hunting, but hopefully, I'll be able to compensate for that once I reach enemy lines and can tear infantry appart.

Comments? Suggestions? Perhaps even corrections? :>

HQ(11%)

Daemon Prince
    Mark of Khorne, 2 Close Combat Weapons, Frag Grenades, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Resilience, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Strenght, Daemonic Mutation, Feel No Pain, Spikey Bits, Personal Icon(193p)

Troops(55%)

8 Khorne Berzerkers, Chainaxes
    Favoured Champion, Powerfist, Talisman of Burning Blood(180p)

Favoured Champion, Powerweapon, Daemonic Strenght, Talisman of Burning Blood(180p)

Favoured Champion, Axe of Khorne, Daemonic Mutation, Talisman of Burning Blood(195p)

Daemon Pack, 8 Bloodletters of Khorne(208p)

Daemon Pack, 8 Bloodletters of Khorne(208p)

Fast Attack(19%)

8 Khorne Berzerker Bikers, Chainaxes
    Favoured Champion, Lightning Claw, Daemonic Strenght(340p)

Heavy Support(14%)

Chaos Predator, Turret Twin-Linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Searchlight(131p)

Chaos Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Autocannon, Extra Armour(115p)

#lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Drop flight and aura, Berzerker Glaive FTW. Im truely not a big fan of bloodletters, or any daemons for that matter, but if you like them its always a cool aspect.

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Oh, man, I'm tired.

Daemon Prince
    Mark of Khorne, 2 Close Combat Weapons, Frag Grenades, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Resilience, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Strenght, Daemonic Mutation, Feel No Pain, Spikey Bits, Personal Icon(193p)
    How about changing d. flight to d. speed. Longer charging range. I'm not a fan of berserker glaive - I rather have a faster prince.

Chaos Predator, Turret Twin-Linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Searchlight(131p)
    For anti-tank change the heavy bolters to side lascannons. You'll need anti-tank over anti-infantry on your predator for this list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT72 View Post
    Drop flight and aura, Berzerker Glaive FTW. Im truely not a big fan of bloodletters, or any daemons for that matter, but if you like them its always a cool aspect.
    The glaive will just make the prince an expensive landspeeder chaser, the idea is to have some fast elements in the list that won't be forced to chase a landspeeder around. Aside from that, the glaive will also make him alot slower since flight is faster. No, I leave my Glaives for characters in terminator armour, they benefit way more from it, a DP does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Hause- View Post
    How about changing d. flight to d. speed.
    Flight looks better for modeling purposes and while speed might be better for the charge range, I prefer the ability to ignore terrain should it be neccessary. Speed it a bit too random since it often relies on the fleet move while with flight you always know that your prince has so and so much within move and chargerange.

For anti-tank change the heavy bolters to side lascannons. You'll need anti-tank over anti-infantry on your predator for this list.
    Since the predator is a heavy support choice it'll always be the first or second unit I'll have to deploy, and people don't deploy their tanks within LOS of a tripple-las predator which means I'll have to keep moving in order to get a clear shot which in turn makes the lascannon sponsoons rather useless. I find the heavy bolter variant to be more flexible... and cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

Flight looks better for modeling purposes and while speed might be better for the charge range, I prefer the ability to ignore terrain should it be neccessary. Speed it a bit too random since it often relies on the fleet move while with flight you always know that your prince has so and so much within move and chargerange.
    Well, that's up to you, but in the games Iv'e played D. Speed has always worked better.

Since the predator is a heavy support choice it'll always be the first or second unit I'll have to deploy, and people don't deploy their tanks within LOS of a tripple-las predator which means I'll have to keep moving in order to get a clear shot which in turn makes the lascannon sponsoons rather useless. I find the heavy bolter variant to be more flexible... and cheaper.
    48" range is enough to hit most things on the table on a 6 by 4 board, deploying on wide edges. Besides, what if they have to deploy their heavy support first. And if not, you could set-up your dreadnought first. Have both vehicles on seperate sides of the table, so they can't avoid your heavy weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Ok.. 12 + 6 or 6 + 12. It's all the same. Except, there's a chance for more movement which is independant from terrain difficulties. so in reality, 12 + 6 VS 6 (+1-6) + 12.
    Also.. fleet gives you the opportunity to move away if the shooting phase wasn't to your liking.
    If he had an ether lance or something, then i'd be like flight woo woo! woo! I'm so excited. But he doesn't.

To argue this point further, nothing can be more embarrasing for a self respecting daemon prince than to flap his mighty wings, land on a twig and sprain his ankle.
    "AAiiiee! Someone call an ambulance! PLEASE!"

You will still have to take dangerous terrain tests.

with regards to the wings, i'm in complete agreement with you. BUt remember, physiologically speaking, if a man was to fly with bird/bat like wings, his pectoral muscles would have to be about as big as a truck.
    So, I think that wings are a cool and accurate representation of speed, to represent him bounding around the place.

Otherwise nice tasty list.
    I would consider, loosing some of the 'letters to fully lascannon ise your dread and pred though.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

238 (x6)

Well, that's up to you, but in the games Iv'e played D. Speed has always worked better.
    Looks are preferable too ingame effect.

48" range is enough to hit most things on the table on a 6 by 4 board, deploying on wide edges. Besides, what if they have to deploy their heavy support first. And if not, you could set-up your dreadnought first. Have both vehicles on seperate sides of the table, so they can't avoid your heavy weapons.
    Assuming the terrain doesn't obscure large areas of the board or the opponent uses less attractive targets to shield the ones I wish to shoot at yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Ok.. 12 + 6 or 6 + 12. It's all the same. Except, there's a chance for more movement which is independant from terrain difficulties. so in reality, 12 + 6 VS 6 (+1-6) + 12.
    Also.. fleet gives you the opportunity to move away if the shooting phase wasn't to your liking.
    If he had an ether lance or something, then i'd be like flight woo woo! woo! I'm so excited. But he doesn't.
    Again, looks are preferable too ingame effect

To argue this point further, nothing can be more embarrasing for a self respecting daemon prince than to flap his mighty wings, land on a twig and sprain his ankle.
    "AAiiiee! Someone call an ambulance! PLEASE!"

You will still have to take dangerous terrain tests.
    Monstrous Creatures do not have to take dangerous terrain test.

Otherwise nice tasty list.
    :>

I would consider, loosing some of the 'letters to fully lascannon ise your dread and pred though.
    Again, I expect my predator to be on the move, so the lascannon sponsoons will be of little use too me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

with regards to the wings, i'm in complete agreement with you. BUt remember, physiologically speaking, if a man was to fly with bird/bat like wings, his pectoral muscles would have to be about as big as a truck.
    So, I think that wings are a cool and accurate representation of speed, to represent him bounding around the place.
    I agree. I bet you could get away with having wings that represent d. speed in at least friendly games, and most tournaments.

I still think you should get lascannons on your predator. Like most Khorne lists including yours, severly lacking heavy armor. Besides, I highly doubt you're Predator will be stationary every turn. Any mechagnized force will cause lots of trouble for this list, especially without that added bit of firepower.

You're khorne units will be chasing around fast enemy units and vehicles, and nor your dreadnought or your predator will be able to do much about it, except those few lascannon shots coming from your predator per turn, which is likely to get destroyed soon anyway, if you're facing an opponent with a decent amount of weaponry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

238 (x6)

I agree. I bet you could get away with having wings that represent d. speed in at least friendly games, and most tournaments.
    True perhaps, but I still like flight alot, being able to ignore terrain or fly over your own or enemy units is a very useful ability, but I'm going to be playtesting both flight and speed since so many seem to prefer speed.

I still think you should get lascannons on your predator. Like most Khorne lists including yours, severly lacking heavy armor. Besides, I highly doubt you're Predator will be stationary every turn. Any mechagnized force will cause lots of trouble for this list, especially without that added bit of firepower.
    While I agree that three lascannons is better than one, I question the use for the two extra, seing as I'm low on vehicles I'll have to deploy them in hiding to avoid having them blown up before having the chance to do anything incase my opponent won the roll to go first, meaning the first round of shooting will result in the predator moving out of hiding and firing one weapon, with the next rounds staying on the move to avoid being targeted by too many anti-tank weapons itself, using terrains and whatnot for that purpose.
    I'd only consider tripple lascannons if I had the points to add mutated hull and daemonic possession too it aswell, but we're talking about 65p to turn the predator as it is now to all that which'll make it a 195p monster that'll be drawing alot more fire just because of it's massive cost.

You're khorne units will be chasing around fast enemy units and vehicles, and nor your dreadnought or your predator will be able to do much about it, except those few lascannon shots coming from your predator per turn, which is likely to get destroyed soon anyway, if you're facing an opponent with a decent amount of weaponry.
    Yes, the berzerkers will probably be led around, hence the Lord carrying his own personal icon and the bikes, since they do not suffer from blood frenzy they'll be able to deliver the bloodletter where I want them without the risk of them being led around. The berzerkers will hopefully find their way into something squishy sooner or later... but their accual purpose in my list is to run across the field, straight up the middle and scare away what units my opponent might use to capture objectives while the prince, the bikes and the daemons do the real damage.

+ Reply to Thread