1000 WE. (new to LO) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 WE. (new to LO)

hello. this is my first post on LO and i thought i would star off small.

Lt
    D. armour
    D. aura
    D.Ess
    pair of Lc
    Mok
    furious charge

3x8 berzekers
    7 chain axes
    Mok
    furious charge
    Ac w/pf
    594 ttl

2xDred
    twac
    ml

any ideas for the last 16 pts?

All coments are welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Possesed One View Post
    hello. this is my first post on LO and i thought i would star off small.
    Hey, welcome to LO! Make sure to check out the rules of the forum, a link to which can be found in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by The Possesed One
    Lt
    D. armour
    D. aura
    D.Ess
    pair of Lc
    Mok
    furious charge
    I'd recommend dropping D. Armour and D. Essence and replacing them with D. Strength, D. Resilience, and D. Speed. This is the setup you should consider, I think:

Lord + Mark of Khorne + Twin Lightning Claws + D. Strength + D. Resilience + D. Speed + D. Aura + Feel No Pain + Furious Charge = 175 points.

A little expensive, sure, but very dangerous. You might also consider dropping the Lightning Claws for a simple Power Weapon.

3x8 berzekers
    7 chain axes
    Mok
    furious charge
    Ac w/pf
    594 ttl
    I'm not sure that you really need Furious Charge on these guys, though it's a great skill. It makes them very, very expensive. You're paying quite a hefty amount of points per model, and I'm not certain it's worth it - heck, you might not even get the charge, wasting the skill! Besides that, though, the squads look nice.

2xDred
    twac
    ml
    You might consider something else, or at least another setup, for your anti-tank. You're quite lacking in this area, and I don't know if Dreadnoughts are the way to go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as anti armour goes I would use predators with autocannon las sponson setup with daemonic posession. at 145 points each they are incredibly useful not only for tank hunting but for anti MEQ too, which you will play a lot against.

Your lord is a lot of points right now, which is really easy to do with chaos. Daemonic Armour isn't so useful, as there are a whole lot more ap2 things than ap3 I prefer low cost lords, because Chaos lords are always viewed as a threat no matter what you put on them. if you do a low point setup you can still have a fearsome lord that can get his points back easily and have more points elsewhere.

I like Lord+speed+pair of LC+Spiky bitz+Furious Charge+MoK 135 points and with 5 attacks on the charge and rerollables to hit and to wound he will do a whole lot of damage to any opponent. The spiky Bitz work almost as well as Daemonic Mutation for 5 points less.

your troops look great though, nothing is quite as scary as berserkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

as far as anti armour goes I would use predators with autocannon las sponson setup with daemonic posession. at 145 points each they are incredibly useful not only for tank hunting but for anti MEQ too, which you will play a lot against.
    This is a good set-up, but I prefer Parasitic Possesion or Mutated Hull over daemonic possession.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Lt
    D. armour
    D. aura
    D.Ess
    pair of Lc
    Mok
    furious charge
    I'd go with a Lieutenant, Mark of Khorne, Axe of Khorne, Daemonic Strenght, Daemonic Mutation, Spikey Bits, Bolt Pistol and Frag Grenades. At 112p, he's very cheap pointswise but still packs alot of punch.

3x8 berzekers
    7 chain axes
    Mok
    furious charge
    Ac w/pf
    594 ttl
    Chainaxes are a unit upgrade, so the champion has to pay for an axe aswell as the others, even if you replace the axe with a powerweapon or powerfist. I'd also drop furious charge and spend the points on kitting out the champions with some alternating gifts and weaponary. Having three identical squads might be effective, but variety brings more fun to the game. Daemonic Strenght and a Powerweapon comes at the same cost as a Powerfist, but the Powerweapon varant will be able to use his attacks since he doesn't strike last and while the powerfist might be better at wounding opponents, a s5 powerweapon usually does the job just fine.

2xDred
    twac
    ml
    Twac? Twin Linked Autocannon? Not sure what you mean by ML. But either way, a chaos dreadnought fits in well with a World Eater army, he'll be right behind the berzerkers firing away untill he can join them in close combat. As for the equipment, no idea, try avoiding using abbriervations for everything. :>
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I would consider trying to get Talisman of Burning blood on your bezerkers. Making them faster will justify the furious charge more.

Kaiser has a good point with power swords and d.strength and variety, but to be realistic, a powerfist will serve you better in the long run.

Anything that's going to destroy all your bezerkers it will do so before your bezerkers strike anyway, like an IC on drugs or a bunch of hungry genestealers. In these cases it doesn't matter if you have the added initiative of the power weapon or not.

At least with F.charge you have a change of hitting the IC at the same time.

I can't think of many things to destroy 8 marines in one assault, and your powerfist is definitely a deterrent against any IC or carnifex too silly to get close.
    A chappy can easily shrug of a wound from a power weapon, but a powerfist is looking to cripple him permanently.

Being able to wound hive tyrants on 2+ rather than 4+ is much much better too.

The Twin linked Autocannons and Missil launchers on the dreads is a great idea. you get some decent fire support then. But.. i'm not convinced it'll be 100% effective or fluffy. Try it out, by all means, but have you considered taking one cc based dread and one TL lascannon dread?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

You mistunderstood me about the Powerfist, I meant that the 7 chainaxeequipped 'zerkers will claim a few kills and if your opponent knows his stuff, he'll remove models close to the powerfist, potentially making it so that the Powerfist will have no targets in range for it to strike which is something that won't happend if you're using a powerweapon who'll strike simultaneously with the chainaxes. It's a problem that my powerfist equipped champions have had to deal with when my chainaxe rolls go well.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    You mistunderstood me about the Powerfist, I meant that the 7 chainaxeequipped 'zerkers will claim a few kills and if your opponent knows his stuff, he'll remove models close to the powerfist, potentially making it so that the Powerfist will have no targets in range for it to strike which is something that won't happend if you're using a powerweapon who'll strike simultaneously with the chainaxes. It's a problem that my powerfist equipped champions have had to deal with when my chainaxe rolls go well.
    AAh.. the whole 'neutered p.fist' I follow I follow.

Yeah.. this is true of course. But it can be used to your advantage too. If your opponent has a penchant for doing such dispicable acts, simply manouvre your p.fist champ into b2b contact with an enemy squad leader, IC or special weapons model. He'll have to remove something.. or face the wrath of the powerfist. Either way, you're claiming something juicy.

This isn't always possible, but neither is performing the above tactic.

I conceed to kaiser's point. Also that p.weaps are generally better in conceeding less casualties for your own men too.

So it's a matter of preference and the debate is open. I do come across fexes quite a lot and powerfists rip them to shreds, but i've had power weapon champs do tasty damage to a tyrant de le hive too
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Lord+speed+pair of LC+Spiky bitz+Furious Charge+MoK 135 points and with 5 attacks on the charge and rerollables to hit and to wound he will do a whole lot of damage to any opponent. The spiky Bitz work almost as well as Daemonic Mutation for 5 points less.
    I personally think think this is lacking in ways for my lt to defend himself, the invul save has saved me more times than i can count.
    I preferebly keep it to a Lt until i hit 1500 or so( which i will post a list on later)
    I think i might try to cut down ponts to fit in a perdator or two instead of the dread
    Powe weapons: these things do havoc on ACs but i tend to face High I models so it doesn't matter(i play agaist geanstealer/gaunt heavy nids and a Assault marines w/Furious charge heavy marine player) The only time i actually win against nids is with my Lt or lord. they combined with furios chage and berzerke glaive really do havoc.
    Do you have any oppions about D blade with stat and strength over a dreadaxe or berzeker glaive? I play with a WE/BL(WE in small games and Khorne shaped Bl on big games)army with a Khorne lord. I didn't have the points to squeeze in FNP but it rocks
    The Twin linked Autocannons and Missil launchers on the dreads is a great idea. you get some decent fire support then. But.. i'm not convinced it'll be 100% effective or fluffy. Try it out, by all means, but have you considered taking one cc based dread and one TL lascannon dread?
    I do think this could work, but i have seen the power of l-ranged dreads and i love them. then again cc dreads work too.
    I will try andpost another list later.
    thanks for the comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Heres the new list.

Lt
    spiky bits
    Pw
    bp