[400] Alpha Legion - Combat Patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    [400] Alpha Legion - Combat Patrol

    Karmoon. theyak. I hate you.

    Troops

    [9] Assassin Cultists
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided x11
    [1] Assassin Champion
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided
    +Power Weapon
    +Daemonic Strength
    =90 points

    [10] Assassin Cultists
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided x10
    [1] Assassin Champion
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided
    +Power Weapon
    +Daemonic Strength
    =97 points

    Heavy Support

    [8] Chaos Havocs
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided x7
    +Infiltrate x7
    +Autocannon x4
    =208 points

    Total Points: 395
    Total Models: 29

    Thoughts? Trying for a more fluffy feel, but I don't want the list to be utterly crushed everytime I whip it out, neither.

    Last edited by Lost Nemesis; October 18th, 2006 at 02:04.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    señor brushman! brushman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    b-town
    Posts
    1,434
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

    I think it looks pretty good. Fluffy from what I can tell. A good amount of models in combat patrol, and the unitss you have chosen seem like they would assist eachother relativley well.
    Last edited by brushman; October 18th, 2006 at 02:09.

  4. #3
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Hause- View Post
    I think it looks pretty good. Fluffy from what I can tell. A good amoutn of modes, and the untiks you have chosen seem like they would assist eachother relativley well.
    I think I may drop two Cultists from somewhere, though, to add Daemonic Strength to the Cult Champions... hrm... gonna go edit that in, now.

  5. #4
    señor brushman! brushman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    b-town
    Posts
    1,434
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

    I think I may drop two Cultists from somewhere, though, to add Daemonic Strength to the Cult Champions... hrm... gonna go edit that in, now.
    Too bad they can't take a powerfist =/ But, yeah, that sounds like a good idea, trading d. strength for two cultists.

    BTW, sorry about the bad grammar and typos in my first post. I didn't relize they were so bad tell I reread it :tongue:

  6. #5
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Karmoon. theyak. I hate you.
    Awww, where's the love?
    I'm sooo hurt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post

    Troops

    [9] Assassin Cultists
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided x11
    [1] Assassin Champion
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided
    +Power Weapon
    +Daemonic Strength
    =90 points

    [10] Assassin Cultists
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided x10
    [1] Assassin Champion
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided
    +Power Weapon
    +Daemonic Strength
    =97 points
    Even in combat patrols, I would suggest having 15 strong minimum. These guys just don't take hits very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post

    Heavy Support

    [8] Chaos Havocs
    +Mark of Chaos Undivided x7
    +Infiltrate x7
    +Autocannon x4
    =208 points

    Total Points: 395
    Total Models: 29

    Thoughts? Trying for a more fluffy feel, but I don't want the list to be utterly crushed everytime I whip it out, neither.
    You know, I don't this this is half bad at all. Just remember to infiltrate AWAY from your enemies and use your cultists to intercept.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

  7. #6
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Happens to the best of us.

    Well, I'm alright with the Powerfist thing - I think they said specifically "10 points on Weapons" for people to always take Power Weapons.

    @theyak - For the 15-strong thing, what would you suggest in this case? Leave 'em as is and see what happens?

  8. #7
    Senior Member Shoal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

    I don't think powerfists would be needed in a Combat patrol. Consider changing out the Autocannons for Heavy Bolters. More shots, same AP, and what tanks do you expect to see?? A rino?
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.



  9. #8
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoal07 View Post
    I don't think powerfists would be needed in a Combat patrol. Consider changing out the Autocannons for Heavy Bolters. More shots, same AP, and what tanks do you expect to see?? A rino?
    Tau Devilfish. AV12. Won't be able to touch it if I have Heavy Bolters.

  10. #9
    KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS! theyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Tau Devilfish. AV12. Won't be able to touch it if I have Heavy Bolters.
    Not to mention land speeders, and yes, RHINOS, anything with AR at this points level would be devestating without them.
    One thought I had, you could save some more points by dropping to 6-man havocs with 3 ACs.
    this would give you enough points to fill out those cultist squads a bit better.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

  11. #10
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    One thought I had, you could save some more points by dropping to 6-man havocs with 3 ACs.
    this would give you enough points to fill out those cultist squads a bit better.
    That'd give me.. 52 points? Enough for seven more Cultists... hrm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts