Alpha Legion 1850 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Alpha Legion 1850 pts

This is an Alpha Legion version of a Night Lords list a made a couple of days back. I recieved suggestions to try almost the same list with Alpha Legion, so here it is. It may seem haphazard, but I think it is unconventional in the right ways. Suggestions welcome and very much desired. Help me get this list squared away!

It is an in-your-face kinda list. Everyone infiltrates. There is a lot of plasma, to help deal with heavier infantry, but only one official lascannon. This may turn a lot of people off, but I didn't want to have a run-of-the-mill chaos list and take advantage of a few things.

*Keep in mind that this list is mostly built off of fluff, so read it accordingly!

HQ (177 pts)

Azantus Darksoul (177)
    Lord w/ MoCU, darkblade, bolt pistol, frags, daemonic aura, daemonic essence, daemonic mutation, daemonic resilience, daemonic strength, infiltrate, furious charge.

He's a bit more expensive than I usually go for with my HQ, however, he is my only leader and I wanted him to be suitably nasty. If I squeeze for points later, it will most likely come off of him first.

ELITES (375 pts)

The Seven Butchers
    7 Chosen (235)
    Aspiring champion w/ power fist, bolt pistol, daemonic mutation
    Aspiring champion w/ power weapons, bolt pistol, daemonic strength
    2 chosen w/ meltaguns
    3 chosen w/ ccw and bolt pistol
    MoCU, frags, infiltrate, furious charge

I was able to save a LOT of points on these guys w/ Alpha Legion! They will probably still recieve some flak from commentators since NOBODY uses power armor chosen, but I don't care. They are Azantus' command squad from when he was a lowly captain before the heresy. They have since thrown off their loyalties to a dead emperor, but not their comraderie to each other. In some lists, these guys have daemonic flight, making an extremely nasty raptor unit!

Alpha Strike
    2 Obliterators (140)

Straightforward. Probably deepstrike them in a suitable location. They bring some much needed long range support.

TROOPS (523)

Fists of Slaughter
    8 CSM (218 )
    2 CSM w/ meltaguns
    5 CSM w/ ccw and bolt pistol

The other primary assault unit (next to the chosen). They have the meltaguns for AT/anti-heavy infantry, and a power fist for all comers.

Hell Triggers
    8 CSM (184)
    Aspiring champion w/ power weapon, bolt pistol, daemonic strength
    2 CSM w/ plasma gun
    MoCU, infiltrate, move through cover

A nasty close-support/skirmishing unit. Most of the time they will stick to cover and support the advancing infantry or guard objectives, but they are equipped to assault in a hurry, if need be.

Dominion Battery
    6 CSM (121)
    CSM w/ lascannon
    CSM w/ plasma gun
    4 CSM w/ bolters
    MoCU, infiltrate

The only unit approaching the min-max concept. They will hold objectives and shoot armor. 3 models have to be killed before they can be considering a non-scoring unit (I think).

FAST ATTACK (340 pts)

Death on Wings
    8 Chaos Raptors (340)
    Aspiring champion w/ pair of lightning claws, daemonic strength
    2 raptors w/ meltaguns
    5 raptors w/ ccw and bolt pistol

A quick-reaction hit-and-run squad. Expensive, but they fill an important fast attack niche in my army. I've never been able to fit 8 raptors into a list before, so I look forward to this. They can go AT w/ their meltas, or they can cover ground quickly to tie up valuable, vulnerable units. They might not make their points back in numbers, but they can do a lot tactics-wise.

HEAVY SUPPORT (428 pts)

Borysko's Supressors
    8 Havocs (196)
    4 CSMs w/ plasma guns
    4 CSM w/ bolters

A unit I have always wanted to make, and they are actually affordable with Alpha Legion! They toast terminators and other similar units. MEQ squads can be wiped out in a single volley, given the dice gods smile upon me. :shifty:

Guns of Ruin
    8 Havocs (232)
    4 CSM w/ autocannons
    4 CSM w/ bolters
    MoCU, infiltrate, tank hunters

Another stand-by made easier w/ Alpha Legion infiltrating. Good against light armor (sometimes even heavies w/ tank hunters!) and infantry alike. I like autocannons for the range and rate of fire. I want the maximum amount of shots every round with these guys, so infiltrate will help them set up in an ideal spot right away, if not in the second turn.

I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

This is the Night Lords version of the above list. I like it better, fluffwise, but its very expensive to do what I want! Please offer suggestions if you like...

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=80293 (Night Lords, kind of a nutty list: 1850 pts)
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

My goodness, Captain America.. what have you done??!

Azantus Darksoul (177)
    Lord w/ MoCU, darkblade, bolt pistol, frags, daemonic aura, daemonic essence, daemonic mutation, daemonic resilience, daemonic strength, infiltrate, furious charge.
    ... faultless... the speed is given, condsidering he has a retinue. That's quite a beast you have there.

ELITES (375 pts)

The Seven Butchers
    7 Chosen (235)
    Aspiring champion w/ power weapons, bolt pistol, daemonic strength
    2 chosen w/ meltaguns
    3 chosen w/ ccw and bolt pistol
    I like it. This is how chosen should be done. Not broken in that they kill everything, but still a unit you don't want to pick a fight with. The daemonic flight thing is also really scary, i use that in some of my 'fluffy' lists.

Alpha Strike
    2 Obliterators (140)

Straightforward. Probably deepstrike them in a suitable location. They bring some much needed long range support.
    deploy, deepstrike. it's all good.

Fists of Slaughter
    8 CSM (218 )
    2 CSM w/ meltaguns
    I field a squad who, apart from the mutation on the champ, is EXACTLY the same as this. I assure you, they're very dangerous and are a threat to anything on the board.
    Nice

The other primary assault unit (next to the chosen). They have the meltaguns for AT/anti-heavy infantry, and a power fist for all comers.

Hell Triggers
    8 CSM (184)
    Aspiring champion w/ power weapon, bolt pistol, daemonic strength
    2 CSM w/ plasma gun
    Nice. I like the move through cover. some people might complain about this, but i say nice.

Dominion Battery
    6 CSM (121)
    CSM w/ lascannon
    CSM w/ plasma gun
    4 CSM w/ bolters
    MoCU, infiltrate
    Once again.. i use fire support squads very similar to this. they're dangerous. It's a shame that you can't fit tank hunters on, but it's nothing to worry about. S9 is still a very real threat to vehicles. you are correct with regards to casualties.

FAST ATTACK (340 pts)

Death on Wings
    8 Chaos Raptors (340)
    Aspiring champion w/ pair of lightning claws, daemonic strength
    2 raptors w/ meltaguns
    5 raptors w/ ccw and bolt pistol
    Can you not fit furious charge on these guys? I would strongly consider removing the claws in favour of this.. wait on.. your points for these guys are way too expensive.. are you sure you don't actually already have furious charge on these dudes?

Otherwise excellent. be carefull with deployment though.

Borysko's Supressors
    8 Havocs (196)
    4 CSMs w/ plasma guns
    4 CSM w/ bolters
    Hahaha.. plasma gun havocs. Nice.. nice. Just remember, the target they shoot will probably be their last - what with melt down and the ensuing revenge attacks as your opponent reals in horor.
    I love these guys, just use them wisely.

Guns of Ruin
    8 Havocs (232)
    4 CSM w/ autocannons
    4 CSM w/ bolters
    MoCU, infiltrate, tank hunters
    Faultless. one of the few occasions where i say that MoCU is optional.

Captain America.. congratulations. You've created a monster.
    This list is very very similar to elements of my list.
    I think and hope that you'll have as much fun and as many victories as I enjoy

Nicely done.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Karmoon has already given you some excellent advice.
    I just have a few more comments to add.

your raptors are very expensive, Drop the claws for a power weapon, and drop one raptor to fit in furious charge. They'll still be a pricey unit, but it will free up a few more points to put elsewhere. Because these guys WILL die. Everyone knows how juicy in points raptors are, so they get blown up very fast. Hit your targets that you need them to hit early on, because the moment they are exposed, they will evaporate.Oh, and by the way, pick up infiltrate with these guys, it is so worth it. If you don't, with the rest of your force infiltrating or deep striking in, they will be the only and lonely element on the board, its so cheap to do so, its a crime not to.

You know, what might be a good idea, would be to throw a teleport homer on your raptor AC so you have uber mobility for your oblits. drop them down wherever they are to blast holes in their ranks.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    Karmoon has already given you some excellent advice.
    I just have a few more comments to add.

your raptors are very expensive, Drop the claws for a power weapon, and drop one raptor to fit in furious charge. They'll still be a pricey unit, but it will free up a few more points to put elsewhere. Because these guys WILL die. Everyone knows how juicy in points raptors are, so they get blown up very fast. Hit your targets that you need them to hit early on, because the moment they are exposed, they will evaporate.Oh, and by the way, pick up infiltrate with these guys, it is so worth it. If you don't, with the rest of your force infiltrating or deep striking in, they will be the only and lonely element on the board, its so cheap to do so, its a crime not to.

You know, what might be a good idea, would be to throw a teleport homer on your raptor AC so you have uber mobility for your oblits. drop them down wherever they are to blast holes in their ranks.
    Guys, I am completely retarded. I forgot to add the line with the raptors' upgrades! They should be "MoCU, infiltrate, furious charge." I really did have them accounted for. Try the math now.

I will heavily consider dropping the lightning claws. It will definitely free up a few points. Perhaps for that teleport homer you suggest, Yak. Something of the sort occurred to me, but I think I was just relieved to be done with the list. Chaos lists are just so exhausting for me to make, but I like that it takes involvement...

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Hahaha.. plasma gun havocs. Nice.. nice. Just remember, the target they shoot will probably be their last - what with melt down and the ensuing revenge attacks as your opponent reals in horor. I love these guys, just use them wisely.
    I simply couldn't resist taking these guys. I realize that I will take casualties from overheating and that my enemy will exact great vengeance, but that is the point. I won't use them specifically as a throw-away unit, but every shot their way is a shot not taken at my Oblits, Raptors or Chosen.

I like that I was able to afford some fun units, while having a respectable base of troops. This way I won't become bored with the list. I am definitely going to have a paint scheme blending Alpha Legion and Night Lords, since I love both of their fluff so much, letting me run both armies.

+ Reply to Thread