[750] Night Lords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

[750] Night Lords

HQ

[1] Chaos Lieutenant
    +Stealth Adept
    +Infiltrate
    +Furious Charge
    +Power Weapon
    +Daemonic Speed
    +Daemonic Aura
    =121 points

Troops

[7] Chaos Space Marines
    +Stealth Adept x7
    +Infiltrate x7
    +Furious Charge x7
    +Melta Gun x2
    [1] Aspiring Champion
    +Stealth Adept
    +Infiltrate
    +Furious Charge
    +Power Fist
    =216 points

[7] Chaos Space Marines
    +Stealth Adept x7
    +Infiltrate x7
    +Heavy Bolter
    +Plasma Gun
    [1] Aspiring Champion
    +Stealth Adept
    +Infiltrate
    +Power Fist
    =187 points

[7] Chaos Space Marines
    +Stealth Adept x7
    +Plasma Gun x2
    [1] Aspiring Champion
    +Stealth Adept
    +Power Fist
    [1] Chaos Rhino
    +Extra Armour
    +Smoke Launchers
    =226 points

Total Points: 750
    Total Models: 26

Thoughts? Keep in mind the following:

1) This list is based on fluff.
    2) No Daemons, Marks of Chaos, Daemonic Weapons, etc. will be used.
    3) Each and every Daemonic Gift must have a fluff representative. Daemonic Strength and Resilience are not allowed in this list.

I was considering maybe swapping one of the squads of Marines for a squad of Raptors, but they're just so expensive.. the squad size would maybe be six or so, and I'm not sure if that's worth sacrificing that firepower for.

Could get rid of the second infiltrating squad, get rid of Furious Charge on the other squad, and have a total of 211 points to spend. That would only get me seven Raptors, without any additional upgrades..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I like it like it is.
    Some people might not call it exciting, but i really like well thought out and balanced tactical squads. Tactical Squads are our greatest asset, so it's nice to see people use them effectively.

I think you have a really effective list.

I'd save raptors or bikers for at least 1000 pts in this case.

Should you decide to take the raptors, i would lose the rhino, and infiltrate all squads.

:yes:

Nice composition, no complaints.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Heya Nemesis, given up on Alpha legion so soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    HQ

[1] Chaos Lieutenant
    +Stealth Adept
    +Infiltrate
    +Furious Charge
    +Power Weapon
    +Daemonic Speed
    +Daemonic Aura
    =121 points
    I don't think you need stealth adept here. Its nice, but he should never ever be the target of shooting, millling about near or slightly behind friendlies until he springs out to assault.
    Its wasted points here, I'm afraid.

Troops

[7] Chaos Space Marines
    +Stealth Adept x7
    +Infiltrate x7
    +Furious Charge x7
    +Melta Gun x2
    [1] Aspiring Champion
    +Stealth Adept
    +Infiltrate
    +Furious Charge
    +Power Fist
    =216 points
    Alright, furious charging troops, great in concept but since they have to be 12'' minimum away from an enemy with terrain in between, they will be taking more charges than they will be giving. My alpha can attest to that, I think you're best off pulling FC off of them for something else. At higher points games, its worth having on them since it will be a nice make/break ability to have when you need it, but you just can't rely on it.

At higher points, you can bait your oponents with a forward squad to take the charge and then charge in with these guys to push the assault through in your favor.

[7] Chaos Space Marines
    +Stealth Adept x7
    +Infiltrate x7
    +Heavy Bolter
    +Plasma Gun
    [1] Aspiring Champion
    +Stealth Adept
    +Infiltrate
    +Power Fist
    =187 points
    Nice, above squad like this will be better, I think.

[7] Chaos Space Marines
    +Stealth Adept x7
    +Plasma Gun x2
    [1] Aspiring Champion
    +Stealth Adept
    +Power Fist
    [1] Chaos Rhino
    +Extra Armour
    +Smoke Launchers
    =226 points
    You know, furious charge on these guys won't be such bad instead.
    The rhino will ensure that once you do decide to get into combat, they will be the ones charging(barring any mayhem on the field)

Total Points: 750
    Total Models: 26

Thoughts? Keep in mind the following:

1) This list is based on fluff.
    2) No Daemons, Marks of Chaos, Daemonic Weapons, etc. will be used.
    3) Each and every Daemonic Gift must have a fluff representative. Daemonic Strength and Resilience are not allowed in this list.

I was considering maybe swapping one of the squads of Marines for a squad of Raptors, but they're just so expensive.. the squad size would maybe be six or so, and I'm not sure if that's worth sacrificing that firepower for.

Could get rid of the second infiltrating squad, get rid of Furious Charge on the other squad, and have a total of 211 points to spend. That would only get me seven Raptors, without any additional upgrades..
    It just occurred to me, I think you could use another rhino in this list if you decide to run rhinos. One infiltrating squad and two rhinos would be an excellent combination, they work together to shield one another from massed firing, and put smoke and extra armor on each of them. Dropping the furious charge from all of them, alone frees up almost enough points to pick up the second rhino. Fielding one coke-can on wheels is a little risky, even at 750pts,but two, almost guarantees that one will make it into combat until the second one gets its act in gear.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    Heya Nemesis, given up on Alpha legion so soon?

I don't think you need stealth adept here. Its nice, but he should never ever be the target of shooting, millling about near or slightly behind friendlies until he springs out to assault.
    Its wasted points here, I'm afraid.
    Think so? Hm. Makes sense, but it seems rather.. unfluffy to me, to be honest. I think all models should have it, as a representation of their skill.

Quote Originally Posted by theyak
    Alright, furious charging troops, great in concept but since they have to be 12'' minimum away from an enemy with terrain in between, they will be taking more charges than they will be giving. My alpha can attest to that, I think you're best off pulling FC off of them for something else. At higher points games, its worth having on them since it will be a nice make/break ability to have when you need it, but you just can't rely on it.

At higher points, you can bait your oponents with a forward squad to take the charge and then charge in with these guys to push the assault through in your favor.
    Makes sense to me.

You know, furious charge on these guys won't be such bad instead.
    The rhino will ensure that once you do decide to get into combat, they will be the ones charging(barring any mayhem on the field)
    Hm, true.

It just occurred to me, I think you could use another rhino in this list if you decide to run rhinos. One infiltrating squad and two rhinos would be an excellent combination, they work together to shield one another from massed firing, and put smoke and extra armor on each of them. Dropping the furious charge from all of them, alone frees up almost enough points to pick up the second rhino. Fielding one coke-can on wheels is a little risky, even at 750pts,but two, almost guarantees that one will make it into combat until the second one gets its act in gear.
    Probably true - I just need to find the points to get a full Rhino. I'll tinker with things and post a new list shortly. :yes:

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Looks good.

I love the fluff aspect but I think you're missing out on the speed Night Lords are known for. You have speed in the sense of infiltrate and a rhino, but I'd like to see a squad of bikes.

4x Bikes
    -Furious Charge
    -Flamer
    Asp. Champion
    -Powerfist
    -Daemonic Visage
    -Furious Charge
    224pts

I'd use this unit instead of the marines in the rhino.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

+ Reply to Thread