Night lords 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night lords 1000pts

i've just began playing chaos and chose night lord for it's mutiple fast attack and raptors. this list is just what i think would work well so you can give any adivis you want about it.

HQ
    Chaos Lord-171pts
    bolt pistol, power weapon, spiky bits, bionics, infiltrate, daemonic aura, damonic essence, daemon flight, daemon strength, daemon visage

Troops
    CSM sqaud-9+13pts for champion-164pts
    Heavy bolter, stealth adept skill (+1 to all cover saves), bolt pistol (Camp), power weapon (champ)

CSM sqaud-9+13pts for champion-160pts
    auto cannon, bolt pistol (champ), power weapon (champ)

Fast Attack
    Raptors-7+13pts for champion-239pts
    meltagun x2, bolt pistol (champ), power weapon (champ)

Raptors-7+13 for champion-229
    meltagun, infiltrate, bolt pistol (champ), power weapon (champ)

Total: 998pts

the chaos lord is going to join the infiltrating raptor sqaud (he has infiltrate to). i don't really care for power fists. my chaos lord seems like he has either to much or to little on him (to me he seems okay). i know i want to give 1 of my CSM sqauds the stealth adept but not sure which so i gave it to the 1 which will need to be closer to the enemy to fire its heavy weapon. thank you in advance for advise.

when i say 7+13pts for champion, the champion is 1 of those 7 or # and i upgraded 1 guy for 13pts to be champion.

Last edited by Shriker; October 24th, 2006 at 22:07.
    hive fleet of tyranids-2000pts
    bad moonz orks-1500ptz
    Orcs clan Red 'Eads-1000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

HQ- First off, switch the power weapon and d. strenght for a Dark Blade. It cost the same amount of points, but with the Dark Blade you get an extra strength compared to what you originally had.

D.Essence is generally not worth the points. It's expensive, and you will stilll lose all the wounds if you get instant killed. D. Resilience will work better, in the long run, IMHO.

Fast Attack- Two Raptor squads in a 1000 point list, is quite a bit. Infact, it's pushing it with only one squad of raptors in 1000 points let alone 2. I'd remove at least one of the Raptor sqauds, and replace it with something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, here are my thoughts on your list (lol, haven't posted in a while):
    HQ
    Chaos Lord-171pts
    bolt pistol, power weapon, spiky bits, bionics, infiltrate, daemonic aura, damonic essence, daemon flight, daemon strength, daemon visage
    Too expensive IMO. At this points level, you don't want to be sinking so many points in a single guy. I would consider downgrading him to an Lt. and letting go of bionics, spiky bits, and essence.

Bionics I can't really see much point in. I mean, it only works on a roll of 6, how often is that gonna happen? :w00t:

Essence is probably one of the more discouraged upgrades. Not that it's BAD, but it's not really necessary. If your opponent is lucky and catches you out in the open with a lascannon, there's no amount of wounds in the world that can save you.

Also, be aware that if you intend to join your HQ up with the Raptors, they will lose their Hit and Run Rule, as explained on pg. 74 of the BGB (Universal Special Rules), near the top (where it mentions the little bit about those rules with asterisks next to them).

Troops
    CSM sqaud-9+13pts for champion-164pts
    Heavy bolter, stealth adept skill (+1 to all cover saves), bolt pistol (Camp), power weapon (champ)

CSM sqaud-9+13pts for champion-160pts
    auto cannon, bolt pistol (champ), power weapon (champ)
    Just fine, but I can't add up the points to get your score Maybe go back and check that out.

i don't really care for power fists.
    You sure about that? You might be wishing for one when that Speeding Daemon Prince/Flying Hive Tyrant comes running down the board :yes:

Fast Attack
    Raptors-7+13pts for champion-239pts
    meltagun x2, bolt pistol (champ), power weapon (champ)

Raptors-7+13 for champion-229
    meltagun, infiltrate, bolt pistol (champ), power weapon (champ)
    Ooh, these are a gamble. For Night Lords, they're quite fluffy, but they're also a bit fragile. So, be careful with them. An alternative would packs of Furies, but I dunno if that would suit you.

Also, I can't get points to add up for these guys as well. 1st one is 267, and the second is 257. Be aware that veteran skills are paid for BY MODEL, not by unit.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't notice your first raptor squad doesn't have Infiltrate. Black Kat is right in that it comes out at 246.

The one major gripe I have about the list is the lack of long-range, anti-tank power. Can't really suggest anything to you at the moment, my brain's frazzled from a hard day at school, so I'll get back to you on that

Hope all this helps, and good luck.
    Last edited by Kryptik; October 25th, 2006 at 01:48.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Raptors.
    -First, your points values on the Raptors are way off.

6x Raptors
    -2x Melta Guns
    Asp. Champion
    -Power Weapon
    246pts

6x Raptors
    -Melta Gun
    -Infiltrate
    Asp. Champ
    -Power Weapon
    -Infiltrate
    257pts

These are the correct points for the units.

-Large squads of them are made for CC, so I'd drop the melta guns for flamers. Since these are your only source of anti-tank, they will have to hunt down the tanks then try to get into combat with whats left of the squads.
    -IMO Raptors are useless without furious charge. You're paying twice the points of a normal marine and they will fight at the same initiative. You want these guys going first no matter what.
    -This many Raptors in 1000pts ins't for the faint of heart. If you don't have much expirience with them, they will die. Raptors are the hardest Chaos unit to use correctly and without furious charge or infiltrate, they are even harder to use. You'll start taking morale checks after only 2 killed from shooting, definatly a bad situation.

Troops
    -Your Asp. Champions need powerfists. Being able to splat IC's, wound MC's and possibly take out armor if your Raptors can't, is essential. C'mon, they come in the box and they look kool too.
    -Poor mix of weapons. These heavy weapons won't do much and your squads will need to advance to provide cover fire for the raptors. Plamsa all the way, you can still advance while shooting and it will take attention away from the Raptors.

HQ
    -Way too expensive for 1000 points.
    Last edited by [Black] Katalyst; October 25th, 2006 at 01:32.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

If you're a vet like Black Kat' then the raptors are ok. But i don't think it's that good an idea to have the Lord 'joined' to the raptors as such. Simply because they will lose their hit and run ability.

At that small point level you need every ability available to you.

This can be easily sorted by moving the IC around WITH the raptors rather than AS PART OF the raptors.

He still gain IC invulnerability from shooting (unless the enemy is amazing with his distancing and your IC is in the front trank).

Just declare to your opponent that your IC is also assaulting the squad as a seperate unit. Otherwise they'll get upset when your raptors get bored and fly off and your lord continues to happily chop away.

Another thing, every one's mentioned it, but i think i'll mention it again - Where are your powerfists?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks. this is the type of info/advise i needed. i will be reconfiguring my list and post it here.
    bad moonz orks-1500ptz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Chaos Lord-151pts
    -bolt pistol
    -Dark Blade
    -infiltrate
    -spiky bits
    -Daemonic aura
    -Daemon flight
    -Daemonic Visage

Troops
    CSM sqaud-9-173pts
    -plasma gun
    -stelth adept skill
    Champion
    -bolt pistol
    -power fist

CSM sqaud-9-173pts
    -plasma gun
    -stelth adept skill
    Champion
    -bolt pistol
    -power fist

Fast Attack
    Raptors-9-317
    -flamer
    -infiltrate
    Champion
    -bolt pistol
    -power sword

Total: 807pts

i have 103pts more to use and i don't have really any anti-tank sqauds, i wasn't sure if i should get a drednought, rhino, or another CSM sqaud so i want you to decide for me.

i have changed quiet a few things based on what you guys have said and hopefully this list is better. last night i had played my friend who played necrons, lord in immortal sqaud, necron warriors (i think 3 sqauds), and necron monolith. i had great luck and only lost 5 raptors and 4 CSM, this was with my orgnal list, but my lord was never attacked so it made me think he was wasted pts. but this list i think is better as soon as i know what to use the extra 103pts on. my lord has daemonic visage so that when my lord with the raptors face a sqaud the enemy sqaud has automaticly -2 Ld.

didn't mean to get the raptors pts wrong the 1st time , i think everything is right this time though.
    Last edited by Shriker; October 25th, 2006 at 22:26.
    bad moonz orks-1500ptz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I think a small 6 man chaos space marine squad with a lascannon, and maybe infiltrate would help a bit against armor in your list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

100 odd points left? Why not a squad of furies?
    I'd drop those 9 man squads down to 8 each, and take a squad of 10 furies.
    They are excellent squad support for your raptors.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

I'd drop the Raptors to 7 strong and drop a marine or two off of each squad to add a 5 man squad with a lascannon and furies.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast