Black Legion\Slaanesh - 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Black Legion\Slaanesh - 1500

Greetings most excellent Chaos players.

This list is one I'm constructing for a friend, so it's part his wants and part my advice. He is basically joining an event at my local university - a 24 hour charity event. His aim is to paint an army in 24hours. He has chosen Chaos and specifically - Slaanesh.

A couple of things about this list:

1. It has raptors in. These have to remain. They're a sizable portion of the army for a relatively modest model amount. He's not a n00b to 40K so it shouldn't be too bad.
    2. It isn't going to be a pure Emperor's children list - simply because it would be impossible to get all the parts via mail order and he's not willing to invest that much money anyway. Also, for marines i despise slaanesh's chosen number. It's too small or too big.

Ok.. onto the list:

HQ
    Lord. Mark of Slaanesh
    Dark Blade, D. Strength, D. Speed, D. Aura, D. Resilience,
    Spikey bitz, Furious Charge, bolt pistol, Frags.

Mr. Dandy becomes a pervert. This guy is a no brainer. He's a little expensive, but as my friend doesn't really have the time to put lots of boots on the table, I thought it was an adequate compromise.

TROOPS:

CSMs with MOCU x 8
    - Aspiring Champion with daemonic Visage and Power fist
    - 2 x Plasma
    - Icon

Fire support squad

CSMs with MOCU x 8
    - Aspiring Champion with daemonic visage and power fist
    - 1 plasma
    - 1 heavy Bolter
    - Icon

The ultimate fire support squad. The only reason the guys above are different is because there is a high chance of fighting MEQs

Daemonettes x 18

To be split into 3 batches of 6. The assault element of the army.

Fast Attack:
    Raptors x 6 with MOCU and Furious Charge

- Aspiring Champion with power weapon and d. strength
    - melta gun
    - flamer
    - icon

Just a reiteration. We're fully aware of the point cost and that he must be careful with these champs. They're a mobile daemon delivery system who can then cause mischief and mayhem

Mounted Daemonettes x 6

Once again...expensive, but 4 rending attacks on the charge is really nothing to be sniffed at. I like to think of them as speedy possessed. Besides, the models are cool

Heavy Support:

Predator - destructor pattern
    Lascannon Sponsons
    Daemonic Possession

I continue to be amazed at how reliable and great value predators are. This set up particularly is fantastic.

Predator
    as the same as above

This predator is here so the first one doesn't get lonely
    Ok.. the total for this army is... 1543.. which is, of course 43 points over.
    My question to my peers is, what should be chopped and changed to get it on to 1500?

I have considered either:

1) losing a squad of daemonettes and adding a raptor/pimping up the predators with parasitic possession
    2) De pimping the predators and aspiring champs for the fire support squads a bit.

Suggestions are welcome, although there isn't really much scope with regards to buying new models and the like.

Thanks,

Karmoon

LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like raptors, and I always have a squad of at least 8 in my army. My only suggestion for tweaking this list would be taking out the mounted Daemonettes, I don't belive that they are so much better than daemonettes that the extra points are worth it. put those points into regular daemonettes and you should be fine. Or more raptors.
    -Andune

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

I disagree on the mounted daemonettes, if you play a chaos right you have no need for their extra speed as the daemonettes should be able to assault when they are summon either by the summoning unit daemonbombing with bikes or by infiltrating. Mounted daemonettes are too expoensive IMO and die just as easy as the cheaper and more cost effective daemonettes.]

I'll add more of my thoughts to the actual list when I get home.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x2)

I would opt for option #1. I would just feel more comfortable to see more raptors in there. And with 3 daemon units in 1500 points its still quite diverse.

Is modelling and building allowed beforehand, or is this a "boxes to battlefield situaltion"? If it is the latter, I would feel justified in option #1 due to the conversion work to represent the parasitic possesion on the preds. Otherwise I may be inclined to feel like the amount of models was being cut down to ease the painting marathon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I imagine the matches will be for friendlies rather than a formal 'tournament' as such. In this light, the WYSIWYG will be somewhat relaxed when it comes to daemonic/parasitic possession and the like.

I must admit, I do prefer option 1 myself. But that's two people who have argued against the mounted daemonettes, and my friend has yet to obtain them.

Thank you all for your comments so far.
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm

It seems to me that you're wasting the best of both worlds. The only Slaanesh models you are using is the Lord and Daemonettes. Warp Scream is nice, but if you aren't going to take Sonic Blasters, Doom Sirens, or the like then you might want to think of dumping those Mounted Daemonettes and getting a squad of the Obliterators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Yes, drop the mounted daemonettes for 2 obliterators, add another raptor or 2 and give the second predator a blastmaster, gives you better versatility and doesn't cost anything.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Thanks for your quick responses guys.

Obliterators would indeed give this list quite a bit of bite.

I'm not sure how viable it will be to get them and paint them. My friend is quite the painter so he would want to spend hours giving the oblits the attention that they deserve.

I'll certainly talk to him about the viability or not of the mounted daemonettes.

@ Helbrecht - i'm not sure the predator can take the blastmaster upgrade as it isn't a cult army.

*reaches into basket of goodies for those who've helped him*
    Last edited by Karmoon; October 25th, 2006 at 12:40.
    LO Rules

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

Delivery

The havoc squad is just so small. I play SM Assault squads all the time and even with 10 I've been whittled to 3 by the time I get into CC.

As for demon delivery, right now you have a small raptor squad and a single lord as your forward delivery methods. 24" is a long way for the ladies to walk if those two methods die. I'd consider infiltrating the fire support squads.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

+ Reply to Thread