Night Lords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Lords

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night Lords

10 Chaos Marines (bolters)
    2xplasma guns
    infiltrate
    stelph adept

10 Chaos Marines (bolters)
    2xplasma guns
    infiltrate
    stelph adept

total 400 pts

may change stelph adept for Mark of chaos

id like to know what you think of my list

Kawg the king of his oasis jungles on the desert planet of Tzhimmus IV guides his kin in their sacred hunt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for 400pts it seems good with the 4 plasma guns (hopefully your guys won't kill themselfs), keep the SA skill so that if your enemy does have any AP 3, 2 weapons then if your behind a wall then you still have a 3+ cover save that and if you take it away then your not really night lords ecept for the paint sceme :tongue: .
    Last edited by Shriker; November 1st, 2006 at 13:30.
    hive fleet of tyranids-2000pts
    bad moonz orks-1500ptz
    Orcs clan Red 'Eads-1000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Looks like it'll be a good start, and pretty effective for playing flash/in40mins games too. What would you be looking to expand it with?
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

removed.
    Last edited by Rabbit; November 1st, 2006 at 15:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

It looks pretty solid for a 400 point game. Just gonna throw out something.

You could change to Death Guard, move the squads down to 7, get the free AC, give him a powerfist and give the squad infiltrate. Then, you coiuld add in plasma guns. This would be around the same point cost, put in turn you get higher toughness models, and a AC with Powerfist so you can dish out some damage in close combat. You could still keep your bolters, as units with MoN have true grit. Just a thought.

Your list already looks pretty strong for 400 point games though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

The thing is, while your army looks really good on paper, you're going to have trouble with a good number of the armies you encounter.

If you face off against a shooty marine army, they will likely outgun you. If, for example, your opponent was using your same build save for infiltrate (that is two squads w/ plasma guns), your opponent would have an additional five marines (the rough cost you're paying for infiltrate). Overtime, you would lose by attrition.

Against a marine opponent w/ c.c. tricks (power fist & assault weapons), you would do well for the first two rounds; but once in c.c., they will have a definite superiority. Statistically, you'll have trouble doing enough wounds at range in order to enable your army to withstand the next four rounds in c.c.

Against I.G. or Tau, you will undboutedly have difficulty outperforming them at range. This is where your infiltration comes in handy, because you are relatively in a good position to engage them in c.c..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Hause- View Post
    You could change to Death Guard, move the squads down to 7, get the free AC, give him a powerfist and give the squad infiltrate. Then, you coiuld add in plasma guns. This would be around the same point cost, put in turn you get higher toughness models, and a AC with Powerfist so you can dish out some damage in close combat. You could still keep your bolters, as units with MoN have true grit. Just a thought..
    If he's playing nightlords... why suggest this? :blink: i.. don't understand..
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suggesting a switch of legions is valid advice although in this case i don't think it's warrented his biggest problem is his lack of numbers so ou would solve this by reducing his numbers ? :wacko:

as to the list i would drop stealth and infiltrate with the points saved i would get a champ with a power fist and plasma pistol this gives you some cc killiness while not sacraficing much shootiness in these low points the only use for infiltrate is to set up last the terraign should be small enough that you'll be rapid firing in about 2 turns anyway
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

If he's playing nightlords... why suggest this? i.. don't understand..
    I wans't suggest it; I was just giving him something to consider, or think about. Judging by the amount of points his list is I'm implying he's a new Chaos player starting out, so he may benefit by trying something new, or think about going a new route that he/she may enjoy more, and possibly be more efficant on the battlefield.

I also took into consideration that his list is very similar to the build of a Death Guard list at this point level. Therefore it would be a small switch that he may benefit more from. Again, I was just throwing it out there, for it to be something to think about.
    Last edited by brushman; November 3rd, 2006 at 02:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Hause- View Post
    I wans't suggest it; I was just giving him something to consider, or think about. Judging by the amount of points his list is I'm implying he's a new Chaos player starting out, so he may benefit by trying something new, or think about going a new route that he/she may enjoy more, and possibly be more efficant on the battlefield.

I also took into consideration that his list is very similar to the build of a Death Guard list at this point level. Therefore it would be a small switch that he may benefit more from. Again, I was just throwing it out there, for it to be something to think about.
    Fair does then mate. Guess I'm being a bit hypersensitive
    apologies.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast