[Thousand Sons] [1500 Points] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Thousand Sons] [1500 Points]

My Thousand Sons List. My only real toss up is Lord Wepons. I love pair of lightning claws, but the Bedlam Staff just feels more characterful. Since it is a cult army it requires a certian amount of character, otherwise whats the point? Just my opinion. Also, ya Tzeentch loves 9 and my Horrors are in groups of 5, but I just think two smaller groups will be more useful overall than one huge group of 9. I'm a big fan of Gifts of Chaos for my Champions but tweaked this one for Bolts of Change to mix it up and be more Tzeentchy.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

- HQ -
    Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Bedlam Staff / Pair of Claws
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Demonic Aura
    Demonic Resilience
    Demonic Strength
    Winds of Chaos
    Spiky Bitz
    = 190 / 195

- Troops -
    5 Flamers of Tzeentch w/ Doombolt
    = 115

5 Flamers of Tzeentch w/ Doombolt
    = 115

9 Thousand Sons Marines
    - Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist, D.Mutation, BoC, Spiky Bits Bolt Pistol
    = 281

9 Thousand Sons Marines
    - Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist, D.Mutation, BoC, Spiky Bits Bolt Pistol
    = 281

- Heavy Support -

Chaos Predator
    - Autocannon
    - Side-Sponson Lascannons
    - Daemonic Possesion
    - Mutated Hull
    = 175

Chaos Predator
    - Autocannon
    - Side-Sponson Lascannons
    - Daemonic Possesion
    - Mutated Hull
    = 175

Chaos Dead
    - Twin-Linked Lascannon
    - Missle Launcher
    - Daemonic Possesion
    = 155

Total
    = 1492 / 1497

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

First I'd like to welcome you aboard. Nice to have another Sons player in our lines.

The Thousand Sons has one great advantage, nobody takes out a squad with one shot. Nobody.
    A tank on the other hand...
    I'd like to recommend you to drop the firesupport Dread in favour for some Thralls. You have no Thralls whatsoever?!? They are the nicest piece of equipment-persons I know.

Next get some familiars and add Gift of Chaos to your Champs, as they will be assaulted. This(Spawnification) acts as a great reminder to your opponent, not to rush in.

I never fancied them flying Lords, as he is the only mobile part of your army. Better to have a cheap Bolting Lt using the Rubrics as protection. But to each his own.
    My recommendation would be:
    Lt
    BoC
    4 Thralls
    PowerWeapon
    Aura

He'll add some serious shooting.

Also you should consider the lack of mobility and the fact you only have two units of Rubrics.
    Take a look on the old posts, make a search using the search function, and you'll find quite a few lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Well, I'm no expert. But here's a couple pointers. I'd switch the preds to TL Lascannon and 2 Heavy Bolters. If you ask me, it's the same thing with more ability to kill infantry. I guess it all depends on what you plan to shoot at more. If you want more balance, just change one to TL/HB combo, then you have one more geared towards each spectrum. If you're gonna use a flying Lord, slap a rune on him. Nothing like having over a hundred points wasted because some grot riding shotgun got lucky with his megablasta. And to answer your next question, yes, that does happen. Trust me, I know. Slap the flamers into one unit, if you go up against power armor, those won't do much if their shots are divided. Plus, there is strength in numbers - the less chance of instability, the better. You may wanna drop the mutation on the champs to free up more points, you are getting three attacks, but again, personal preference and need. With some freed points, you could lose the dred for a defiler. Again, just some thoughts. Good luck buddy! And welcome to LO.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

Welcome Draznar.

First off, I would say listen to Andusciassus and «hô*šÞìkë18», they are wise.

I too will attempt wisdom:

The lord is large and in charge. the staff claws problem is up to you, Im not touching that. I would say go with BoC over wind. If you wind an enemy, the smart opponent will take away the closer models, thus making you're lord out of assualt range. It doesnt happen all the time, but it does happen. Then, if you make it into close combat, your lord is tooled up enough that he will probably chew up the last models in the unit, also leaving him in the open. Doesnt happen always, but a concern.

The flamers are ok split up, i have run them as such before, but i dont really have reliable experience with 5 man squads to comment. Let us know how they play.

For the marines, same as above. Nice solid choice, but lacking in thralls. I would drop spikey bits and mutation for 3 thralls and points elsewhere. Heres why:
    1.) Chances are you wont have 4 clear turns to use 4 thralls with only two units of marines.
    2.) With so many wounds in the unit, I find that my AC can take his time killing stuff, so no real need to beef him up two much with mutation and bits. (plus mutation is a bit unfluffy for me)

3 vehicles with good killing capacities. I prefer dreads to preds for the fluffy slowly walking forward theme, but hey, the preds are good.

Good deal!

+ Reply to Thread