1000pt Iron Warriors, what ya think? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Iron Warriors, what ya think?

Chaos Lieutenant – 45 (joins with Havocs to take some hits)

Obliterators – x3 – 210

Obliterators – x3 – 210

Chaos Space Marines – x5, 1x Missile Launcher – 80

Chaos Havocs – x5, 4x Missile Launchers - 150

Basilisk – Pintle Combi-Flamer, Extra Armor, Indirect Fire – 145

Basically i have 7 Missile Launchers and a Basilisk to blast the bejesus out of anything armored out there till the Oblits Deepstrike behind whatever vehicles are left (prob none) and the enemy is left in a killing field (caught between oblits and missile barrages)

Also note: I fought a Tau player at 1000pts with this army and came out victorious with 906 pts still on the field. Iron Warriors outshoot Tau. Fought nids at 1000pts with this army and the killing field tactic did not fail.

The flexibility of Missile Launchers to kill tanks or troops as well as the Obliterator's ability to fit perfectly to any role leaves no unit safe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Ought to have put this in the Armylist section of the Chaos forums.

If the strategy works, I don't see why not. But I'd personally try to find some room for a counterattack, as a just in case measure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

The build looks good all around. A few things:

It's such a shame to waste your h.q. slot just to give more wounds to your havocs. Give this pup a kai gun. I'm sure you can find the extra 25 points somewhere. For starters, drop all the upgrades from your basilisk except for indirect fire. You shouldn't need them, especially in a 1000 point game. I think you'll find the kai gun to be very beneficial to your army. I use them with success in games as large as 2000 points. You can't go wrong with it.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army list looks pretty good. I would split up the Obliterators a bit though. Do something like 2-2-2 or 2-2-1-1, Otherwise you are going to end up wasting a lot of their fire and they cant all be tied up in CC this way. I think boydgarret is dead right with the kai gun as well, it is the first thing i thought of when I read your list. Its the cheapest way to make you HQ killy.

The only other thing I dont love about your army is the havocs. I would say drop one unit of troops to buy some meat shields for the havocs, bumping it to an 8 man unit w/ 4 heavy weapons. Othwise you start losing missle launchers after the first death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by monodan View Post
    Army list looks pretty good. I would split up the Obliterators a bit though. Do something like 2-2-2 or 2-2-1-1, Otherwise you are going to end up wasting a lot of their fire and they cant all be tied up in CC this way. I think boydgarret is dead right with the kai gun as well, it is the first thing i thought of when I read your list. Its the cheapest way to make you HQ killy.

The only other thing I dont love about your army is the havocs. I would say drop one unit of troops to buy some meat shields for the havocs, bumping it to an 8 man unit w/ 4 heavy weapons. Othwise you start losing missle launchers after the first death.
    With the oblits, definately 2-2-2 (2-2-1-1? Only 3 slots...). Everything else has been said.
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haah, I shouldnt post tired. In my head I typed 3-2-1....

+ Reply to Thread