2000 Iw - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Iw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Iw

1997 Points Iron Warriors. 73 models

HQ
    Chaos Lord 155pts.
    Ether Lance, Melta Bombs, Infiltrate, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Essence, Mark of Chaos Undived

Troops
    Chaos Space Marine Squad #1 240pts.
    Marines X15, Heavy bolter, Plasma Gun, Mark of Chaos Undivided

Chaos Space Marine Squad #2 240pts.

Chaos Space Marine Squad #3 253pts.
    Marines X10, Plasma Gun X2, (Aspiring Champion, Plasma Pistol, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Mutation, Power Weapon), Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided

Chaos Space Marine Squad #4 253pts.
    Marines X10, Plasma Gun X2, (Aspiring Champion, Plasma Pistol, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Mutation, Power Weapon), Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided

Heavy Support
    Chaos Havocs Squad #1 283pts.
    Marines X10, Melta Gun X4, (Aspiring Champion, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Mutation, Power Fist), Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided

Chaos Havocs Squad #2 283pts.
    Marines X10, Melta Gun X4, (Aspiring Champion, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Mutation, Power Fist), Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided

Chaos Dreadnought #1 145pts.
    Autocannon, Extra Armor, Mutated Hull

Chaos Dreadnought #2 145pts.

Let me Know what you think!

If you can see Chuck Norris he can see you, and if you can't see Chuck Norris you could only be seconds away from death!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love seeing IW lists with tons of infantry, but I believe that 15 men squads are way too unwieldly to be properly used, not to mention with a Heavy Bolter in there.

This list would be great against horde armies, but I would recommend you dropping the squads down to 10, and add a few rhinos. IW benefits from Rhinos a lot more than other armies as it is a shooty army. For shooty armies, placement is key.

If possible, upgrade all squads with a champ with powerfist. This gives you the ability to fight back against anyone who would charge against you.

I like the infiltrating lord with the Lance. Although I do not use Daemon Weapons in IW, I can see the danger of the flamer template followed by a charge. You could try to back him up with a 15 man infiltration squad with two flamers. Although it is unwieldly as said above, the fact that you can get them into CC in the first two turns more than makes up for it.

Dreadnoughts are fun, and looks great in an IW army (so few I know of uses them in IW). So I like the variety. But why not drop the Hull for Daemonic Possession and a Lascannon? If you do this, remember to drop the Extra Armour too.

Meltas are very nice, but you do not need four of them in a squad. Most times it is mere overkill. If you infiltrate a squad of Havocs with four flamers and the lord, that is five flamer templates the opponent has to deal with. Very deadly indeed.

Maybe drop the other squad of Havocs for say, a Basilisk? It is dangerous if you are infiltrating, but for the low cost, you can snipe away on some heavier troops on the other side of the infiltrators.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Heya Acid trip, here's my thoughtson your list.
    I'm going to try to keep your core concepts in mind when critiquing so I don't just tell you to change your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by BinaryAcidTrip View Post
    1997 Points Iron Warriors. 73 models

HQ
    Chaos Lord 155pts.
    Ether Lance, Melta Bombs, Infiltrate, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Essence, Mark of Chaos Undived
    If you're going to make use of ether lance, I really suggest some movement mode.
    I suggest daemonic flight, so you can fly over and nuke stuff with its wonderful template goodness.

Troops
    Chaos Space Marine Squad #1 240pts.
    That's pretty big. Hmm.. Have you considered dropping them down to maybe 8-man, put a powerfist on an AC on there?
    15-man strong suggests an assault squad, but you have plasma/HB(which I like) but I don't think its the best use of manpower.

Chaos Space Marine Squad #2 240pts.
    Same as above.
    Chaos Space Marine Squad #3 253pts.
    2x plasmagun goodness, I'd swap out the mutation and power weapon for a powerfist, with that rapid fire, you'll be taking more charges than giving.
    Chaos Space Marine Squad #4 253pts.
    Same as above.

Heavy Support
    Chaos Havocs Squad #1 283pts.
    Functionally infiltrating 10 guys can be difficult. I've found 8 to be the magic number, but it can be done. I don't have a problem with these guys.

Chaos Havocs Squad #2 283pts.
    Same as above.

Chaos Dreadnought #1 145pts.

Chaos Dreadnought #2 145pts.

Let me Know what you think!
    Well, as much as I'd like to think your havocs are good tank busting, I just can't say it.
    4x meltaguns is beefy but with its short range, you'll be doing more infantry and tough stuff killing with it than tanks. I strongly suggest swapping out the dreads for a pair of all lascannon preds.

With the way you're building your list I would suggest putting plasmaguns on the havocs instead of the meltas and put the meltas on your marine squads.
    I just think it would be a more efficient use of points.

hope it helped.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread