1500 Thousand Sons (Daemon Heavy) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Thousand Sons (Daemon Heavy)

HQ
    Great Daemon
    Lord of Change
    Wind of Chaos

TROOP
    Daemon Pack I
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack II
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack III
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Thousand Sons Squad I
    9 Thousand Sons
    Sorcerer
    Powerfist
    Wind of Chaos
    Meltabomb
    Unit Icon

Thousand Sons Squad II
    9 Thousand Sons
    Champion
    *Daemon Host*

FAST ATTACK
    Daemonic Beast
    10 Screamers

Total: 1501

Please be harsh, and comment on any flaws or problems i may come across (yes, im aware i have nothing against vehicles...im just crossing my fingers that my champion and greater daemon can handle it.) And please to reasonable with the comments, give me reasons, and how i can improve it. Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosive View Post
    HQ
    Great Daemon
    Lord of Change
    Wind of Chaos

decent, I would give him bolt of change probably, he's not a troop mower, more of a target assassin (best description I could up with, if not completely accurate)

TROOP
    Daemon Pack I
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack II
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack III
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Not very effective, Horrors don't have a very long range, are slow, and are fragile, if you want 1ksons demons to survive, you need to give him quite a few targets that look more appealing, and 39 demons are very appealing to shoot at, especially if your opponent knows that they have 5+ saving throws. Demons have their place, but it isn't as your main troops, they're support for your tougher 1ksons marines, (unless you're word bearers). also, flamers are good, so you might want to switch some of those horrors for flamers. in short, you might want to switch out maybe a pack of daemons for another squad of 1Ksons marines.

Thousand Sons Squad I
    9 Thousand Sons
    Sorcerer
    Powerfist
    Wind of Chaos
    Meltabomb
    Unit Icon

good, but drop the melta bombs, the powerfist should work just fine, and you probably wont get very many chances to us that wind of chaos, I would subtitute for bolt of change

Thousand Sons Squad II
    9 Thousand Sons
    Champion
    *Daemon Host*

not bad, I would personally give the unit an icon so it can also summon demons, unless you want them to be summoned only to the birdie, then take off the icon from the other AC as well. I would personally give the AC a pwr weapon as well, the demon's strength could come in handy in a pinch if your rolls for summoning are not agreeing

FAST ATTACK
    Daemonic Beast
    10 Screamers

fair enough but might want to use 9 for favoured summoning

Please be harsh, and comment on any flaws or problems i may come across (yes, im aware i have nothing against vehicles...im just crossing my fingers that my champion and greater daemon can handle it.) And please to reasonable with the comments, give me reasons, and how i can improve it. Thank you
    the list just isn't pratical, see above comments
    Last edited by paladin777; December 6th, 2006 at 17:51.
    Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Righty ho, let's have a look shall we?

HQ
    Great Daemon
    Lord of Change
    Wind of Chaos
    kudos points. Lords of Change are great.

TROOP
    Daemon Pack I
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack II
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack III
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers
    Ok.. as yet, no one's figured out exactly what use horrors are in 40K.
    They may have two wounds, but they're still pretty easy to insta kill and they have almost no offensive capabilities of their own. Flamers on the other hand, are great.
    If you want to use horrors as meat shields then that's fine, but how about 6 flamers and 3 horros?
    This gives you 6 wounds in favour, PLUS it's more fluffy and you get a bonus for summoning.

Thousand Sons Squad I
    9 Thousand Sons
    Sorcerer
    Powerfist
    Wind of Chaos
    Meltabomb
    Unit Icon
    Ok.. your anti tank problems can be helped simply by giving your champ a bolt of change. If possible, i'd recommend some thrall wizards also. Get rid of the melta bombs.

Thousand Sons Squad II
    9 Thousand Sons
    Champion
    *Daemon Host*
    don't forget their free icon. I would recommend daemonic chains also - you might want to delay or speed up the possession.

FAST ATTACK
    Daemonic Beast
    10 Screamers
    I'd go for a favoured 9, but i'm a fluff whore. Some people don't like screamers because of their compulsory hit and run rule, but other like because they're fast and effective.

Ok. i think your list has problems, but it's certainly not unsalvageable. Basically, you need more stable troops and you need to get rid of, or minimise the amount of horrors you have. At the moment your list is slow and not very powerful. This can be easily changed with more bolt of change wielding champs and flamers.

I'm no 1000 sons expert though, you may want to pm hotspike or andusciassus and get them to help you.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

I'm not a thousands sons player but I've got a couple comments.

Raise the number of flamers by dropping horrors.

There's no need to have a 9 man squad just to get a free champion to be a daemon vessel. 5 Marines, one of which is the champ who has chains, and maybe a rhino is plenty of points spent on a daemonvessel.

You only have 3 icons in the whole list, are you comfortable with that?
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have a list with 40 Horrors (Word Bearers).

Well, it worked for some, and did not for the rest. But mostly I figured that Horrors are are guardsmen, not that good at anything, and need to be used in bulk.

However, in a TS list, you are shafted on points due to high costs. So in this case, I would personally run only flamers. Units of 6 would be fine, or 5 horrors and 4 Flamers.

I personally would suggest that you run Tzeentchian Undivided instead of pure Thousand Sons as you would be left very vulnerable.

Small 5 man squads in Rhinos would be what I use if I were to go all Daemons. Give the champ WoC and BoC, and bulk up on Thralls and a powerfist. This squad costs a little less than 300 points, and having a few would boost combat capabilities greatly.
    Cheerio.

[Iron Warriors] [6000]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

HEy Kerosive, here's my thoughts on your list.
    HQ
    Great Daemon
    Lord of Change
    Wind of Chaos
    LoC, can't complain much here.

TROOP
    Daemon Pack I
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack II
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack III
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers
    Hmmm... horrors. they're so... seemingly worthless, unfortunately.
    Flamers can be very good though. I like the suggestion that karmoon gave you here, I've never used them so I can't really say much.

Thousand Sons Squad I
    9 Thousand Sons
    Sorcerer
    Powerfist
    Wind of Chaos
    Meltabomb
    Unit Icon
    Nice.. I suggest a familiar, and a thrall(or two)
    pick up bolt of change as the alternate power, it works quite nicely to give this unit some more diversity and hard punch.

Thousand Sons Squad II
    9 Thousand Sons
    Champion
    *Daemon Host*
    goodie.
    the champ is nice and cheap.

FAST ATTACK
    Daemonic Beast
    10 Screamers
    Screamers are a nice countercharge unit to help pull your sons out of combat, I like them.

Overall, I think the list really needs some anti-tank. while the BOCs in the squads can help I don't think it will be enough. Consider a predator(or pair) with all lascannons. Perhaps in place of some of the daemon packs. It seems the bane of the 1k sons is hard armor and mobility.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

HQ
    Great Daemon
    Lord of Change
    Wind of Chaos
    Consider Bolt of Change for him. Wind tends to put him out of assualt range on occasion, plus more ranged anti-tank, plus its free.
    TROOP
    Daemon Pack I
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack II
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers

Daemon Pack III
    10 Horrors
    3 Flamers
    Yep, all been said before. But I would stick to 6 flamers 3 horrors if using 3 squads. Maybe just 2 units of 9 flamers? more points for other things?
    Thousand Sons Squad I
    9 Thousand Sons
    Sorcerer
    Powerfist
    Wind of Chaos
    Meltabomb
    Unit Icon
    Kill the meltabombs for a chainfist if your worried about tanks or dreads. Wind tends to be useful on AC's in rhinos, so I would gor for BoC and 4 thralls.I know, 30 more points, but it is so worth it.
    Thousand Sons Squad II
    9 Thousand Sons
    Champion
    *Daemon Host*
    Cool.
    FAST ATTACK
    Daemonic Beast
    10 Screamers
    Maybe go for just the nine. Speedy delivery and all.

Ok, maybe sneek in a 5 man unit with an AC with BoC and some thralls. Yeah, unfluffy, but you need the firepower. Plus its just another unit for your opponent to juggle.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Ok, well, I've played Thousand Sons for a few months now, and I'm still very much learning, but I took the liberty of making an army list that tried to follow your theme, but sacrifice some fluff in order to be a little more functional. I won't say this list is better, but I think it has more potential.

Lord of Change - Wind of Chaos
    Flamers x9
    Flamers x9
    Screamers x9
    Screamers x7
    Thousand Sons x5 - Champ with Daemonic Chains
    Thousand Sons x9 - Champ - Bolt Pistol, Powerfist, Bolt of Change, Thrall Wizard x4, Meltabombs
    Dedicated Rhino Transport
    Chaos Predator - TL Lascannon Turret, Lascannonc Sponsoons, Searchlights, Daemonic Possession

Alright, well, this list has a lot of things you can change, but here's an idea to jump off of. The rhino could go to either squad, I'll leave that to you. I'd personally slap it in the big squad. The flamers and rubric sons will excel at wiping out any hoard armies. Use the champ, Lord of Change, and Pred to pop armor. Anyway, I hope this is consistent with your idea, lemme know if you have any questions. If you want some more (and better) advice. I'd PM Andusciassuss. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know why people have problems with horrors soooo much, i played a game recently with Orks, and 1 of my squad of Horrors wiped out a mob of 20 boyz no problem...*shrug*:wacko:

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you obviously used demon fire on them, but did you charge them, or did they charge you?
    Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast