1500 Undivided (Revised) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Undivided (Revised)

Ok after some great advise from Kryptic (thanks a lot !), gaining a better understanding of the game, and reading a lot more posts on this site and others, I have a new list. Let me know what you think good or bad.

HQ Daemonic Prince 156 pts
    Undivided
    Bolt Pistol
    Dark Blade
    D. Visage
    D. Mutation
    D. Aura
    D. Speed
    Furious Charge

HQ Sorcerer 120 pts
    Undivided
    D. talons
    D. Aura
    D. Flight
    Wind of Chaos

Elites Possessed x8 306 pts
    Mark of Khorne
    D. Talons
    AC w/ D. Mutation, ToBB, RoK, and FnP.

Elites Obliterators x 2 140 pts

Troops CSM x8 187 pts
    CCW and BP
    Undivided
    Furious Charge
    AC w/ Power Fist, D. Strength, and Spiky Bits.

Troops CSM x8 195 pts
    Bolters
    Undivided
    Melta Gun x 2
    Infiltrate
    AC w/ Power Fist, and D. visage.

Troops CSM x8 195 pts
    CCW and BP
    Undivided
    Melta gun x2
    Infiltrate
    AC w/ Power Fist, and D. Visage.

Heavy Support Havocs x 7 200 pts
    Auto Cannon x3
    Bolters x 4
    Tank hunter
    Infiltrate

1499 pts total

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnithiuos View Post

Undivided
    Bolt Pistol
    Dark Blade
    D. Visage
    D. Mutation
    D. Aura
    D. Speed
    Furious Charge
    Hmm... Infiltrate would go really nicely with this guy (Think about whether you want him to get a first turn charge, or to reroll failed morale checks), and If you can find the points then spiky bits sits very nicely with this setup.

Also I would recomend taking Daemonic Strength to help insta-splat those pesky space marine Hq's.

HQ Sorcerer 120 pts
    Undivided
    D. talons
    D. Aura
    D. Flight
    Wind of Chaos
    A second HQ choice in 1500 points?? I seems risky.
    I know the idea of a sorcerer flying around shooting a flamer equivilent at people is really tempting, but is he worth the 120 points for one model? I prefer to stick with one good HQ choice and more troops... But thats just me.

Mark of Khorne
    D. Talons
    Ah... Khornate Possessed... A blessing and a curse all tied up in one small, expensive, bundle.

In short, Drop RoK, FnP and possibly D. Mutation from the aspiring champion, it should free up some points.

Although I do not use obliterators, I know the destruction they can cause... These are perfect.

Troops CSM x8 187 pts
    CCW and BP
    Undivided
    Furious Charge
    These are nice... I dont know what to say. Daemonic mutation is nice for the AC to get the most out of that powerfist.

Also consider a couple of melta-gun armed marines.

And how do you expect these to get to the enemy? Footslogging?
    Consider dropping MoCu or Furious charge for infiltrate.

Troops CSM x8 195 pts
    Bolters
    Undivided
    Melta Gun x 2
    Infiltrate
    Tough call... Since they are going to be up and close with the meltaguns is there any point taking bolters over bolt pistol/CcWs? Other than this they are excellent.

Troops CSM x8 195 pts
    CCW and BP
    Undivided
    Melta gun x2
    Infiltrate
    Nice.

Auto Cannon x3
    Bolters x 4
    Tank hunter
    Infiltrate
    Nice, consider shaving some points from somewhere for another autocannon armed marine *Cough* Sorcerer */Cough*

Do you wish for me to rewrite your list how I would take it? I have nothing else to do right now. ^^
    Last edited by Riptor; December 9th, 2006 at 01:14.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

++ EDIT - riptor got there first!! ++

Carnithiuos you say?
    Friend of Kryptic you say?
    Help you I can. MMmm yes. Help you I can.

Welcome to LO! You've posted an easy to read list and you've not broken any rules or anything, but take a second to go through them anyway. They can be found in my signature.

Undivided
    Bolt Pistol
    Dark Blade
    D. Visage
    D. Mutation
    D. Aura
    D. Speed
    Furious Charge
    8/10
    Where's D. Strength? Attacks are great, but S7 neither here nor there.
    He's got speed, so he's going to be assaulting, give him strength over mutation. And buy yourself a frock or something with the extra points.
    Very nice otherwise. oh.. he needs his frag nads too.
    If possilbe, I would try to squeeze resilience onto him. The extra T really makes a difference.

HQ Sorcerer 120 pts
    Undivided
    D. talons
    D. Aura
    D. Flight
    Wind of Chaos
    interesting. fluffy.. most people tend to think Sorcerors and secondary HQs are a point sink at this level. You've done him well though.
    Mark of Khorne
    D. Talons
    A bit too much blind on the champ. I'd drop the Feel no pain personally. He's hidden as it is. This is a superior way of doing possesed. Well done.
    They are a massive point sink at this level, but if you want to use them, then please do
    I doubt anyone would criticise you for this choice. If they do, they're probably aliens or like illegal things.
    Troops CSM x8 187 pts
    CCW and BP
    Undivided
    Furious Charge
    furious charge = expensive. Personally I love it. S5 marines rocks.
    There are a few problems with this squad. The champ S10 combo is intersting, but i think the points can be spend better.
    also, you've taken spikey bitz. This is the worse thing you can do for a champion, especially when mutation is the same price, and is better.
    I still think that assault weaponry will serve the list a bit better. As you're investing a lot of points into these guys, i would recommend frags.

Troops CSM x8 195 pts
    Bolters
    Undivided
    Melta Gun x 2
    Infiltrate

goo. although bolters tends to work better with plasma gun - for the old fire support.

Troops CSM x8 195 pts
    CCW and BP
    Undivided
    Melta gun x2
    Infiltrate
    Nice.

Auto Cannon x3
    Bolters x 4
    Tank hunter
    Infiltrate
    heh heh.. there's someone blatantly missing here. Did he not manage to pack his autocannon in time or something?

Right. It's the start of a great list.

Overall, I don't really see what the sorceror HQ is really adding to your list. I would drop him for extra improvements all around. An extra obliterator (you're not too good on anti tank) the 4th autocannon marine (you really need those shots, especially againt those falcons). Frags here and there.

As it's so assault orientated - no bad thing. hAve you considered daemons? Daemonettes and or furies would really set this list off I think. From the squads you've created I can imagine you enjoying using them.

Good start
    Last edited by Karmoon; December 9th, 2006 at 01:14.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is trying to go for S8 on the charge for his DP using Furious Charge.

I am not too sure about the Sorceror, why not pay 5 extra points for the power weapon?

I would drop the spiky bitz for daemonic mutation. Extra attack is better than a re-roll if luck is on your side, especially S10.

I would drop the Havocs down to 6 or bump them up to 8, as even numbered squads are less likely to take morale checks. Or, make one a champ for the extra Ld.

Another thing is that except for the possessed, there is not much else in terms of being undivided. In this case, why not go AL? You can save quite a few points with the veteran skills. If you really wish to keep that unit, then by all means go. It would be a deadly squad.

Speaking of possessed, why not give them Chainaxes? With those things, I doubt you would need the Talons and can give them more deadly mutations.
    Cheerio.

[Iron Warriors] [6000]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Malicant View Post
    I think he is trying to go for S8 on the charge for his DP using Furious Charge.
    He's missing one element from the combination to get S8 though. Unless the model is statured and this wasn't noted.

Good call on the Alpha Legion.. i wanted to keep quiet cos i'd be guilty of indoctrination but, now that it's come out - why not Alpha Legion? They're an incredibly tactical experience
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    He's missing one element from the combination to get S8 though. Unless the model is statured and this wasn't noted.
    Ooops, mistook speed for Stature.
    Cheerio.

[Iron Warriors] [6000]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies! I’m new to the game so I have a few questions.

First of all I guess I’m learning that I have to give up temptations of useless power in order to win battles.

HQ- So I need to drop the Sorcerer until I reach a higher point army? Ok. I’ve heard that a few times now. Done. Now with my DP should I add to or replace Furious Charge with Infiltrate? I did start out with D. Strength, but I was trying to keep his points down. With the Lt gone it shouldn’t be a problem to add it back in.

Elites - Keeping those Possessed for sure, but dropping FnP.

Troops - So I should put my two melta guns on the CC squad, and add two plasma guns to my bolter squad? Mutation makes more sense than spiky bits.

Heavy Support - Making them an 8 man squad makes sense along with a third auto cannon of course. Should the eighth man have a bolter, auto cannon, or be an AC?

I won’t be doing an AL. I am going to be working toward a 2000 pts army and will add a lot of other things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

HQ- So I need to drop the Sorcerer until I reach a higher point army? Ok. I’ve heard that a few times now. Done. Now with my DP should I add to or replace Furious Charge with Infiltrate? I did start out with D. Strength, but I was trying to keep his points down. With the Lt gone it shouldn’t be a problem to add it back in.
    It's a shame. In warty K, chaos sorcerors are so important for fluff.. yet in the game they're next to useless. Imperials have Fear of the dark and force weapons, eldar get mind war and enhance etc.. we get?.. doom bolt... yeah, thanks for that GW.. nice to know we can be feared...

Ok.. your HQ is close to getting the S8 combo - for instant killing T4 and wounding 90% of Tyranid Monstrous Creatures (TMCs) on 2+. For this you need dark blade, strength and furious charge.
    You do not need infiltrate on a Lord with speed. He's fast enough to get where he needs to be. Use him wisely like a counter attacker or to snipe that chaplain and you won't be dissapointed.

Elites - Keeping those Possessed for sure, but dropping FnP.
    Cool.. I'd drop RoK too actually.. I didn't mention it till now because I couldn't figure out what it stood for :wacko:

Troops - So I should put my two melta guns on the CC squad, and add two plasma guns to my bolter squad? Mutation makes more sense than spiky bits.
    Yes and yes. This means you can assault and shoot everything with the CC squad, and happily blast away with the fire support squad.

Heavy Support - Making them an 8 man squad makes sense along with a third auto cannon of course. Should the eighth man have a bolter, auto cannon, or be an AC?
    I think the 4th autocannon is best really.

I won’t be doing an AL. I am going to be working toward a 2000 pts army and will add a lot of other things.
    fair does.
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the S8 lord should be fine, but I found from experience that a lot of people do not expect him to pop out of a rhino squad, fleet, and then charge with S8. So when deploying, you can let him lead a rhinoed squad and pop him out for a quick kill. Since you are going to be expanding the army, I would definitely suggest a couple of rhinos in 2000. For now, the lord is fine. You can also make him a Khorne lord with Axe of Khorne, which IMO works better than Darkblade.

As far as havocs go, I would suggest giving half of them weapons. If it is 6 men, 3 heavy weapons. If 8, 4.

Rage of Khorne is better off as a powerfist, but you have talons... Maybe Meltabomb and Spiky Bits?
    Cheerio.

[Iron Warriors] [6000]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Malicant View Post
    Rage of Khorne is better off as a powerfist, but you have talons... Maybe Meltabomb and Spiky Bits?
    Spikey bits is good and fluffy - I'd say the melta bomb is a nono. I mean, all those attacks for just 1 attack isn't worth it, especialyl if the vehicles moved.

Considering all his mates would be rending said vehicle/dread also, I think spikey bits.. maybe strength and then pocket the difference.

Very good call on the rhino fleet charge squad thing. I'll have to try that.
    LO Rules

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast