Thousand Sons-1000 [Tournament/Competitive] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Thousand Sons-1000 [Tournament/Competitive]

This is a list I have play tested a good bit against my friends' armies. I am trying to hammer out a perfectly (or as much as I can make it) balanced list to handle every opponent possible. I am very into the idea of one list vs. all comers. So far it's defeated two Tau lists and is 1 for 1 vs. the Grey Knights.

Lieutenant - Mark of Tzneetch, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Bolt of Change, Thralls x2

Thousand Sons x9 [Champ] - Powerfist, Bolt Pistol, Bolt of Change, Thralls x2

Thousand Sons x7 [Champ] - Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Daemonic Strength, Wind of Chaos, Gift of Chaos, Familiar, Thrall x2 {Mounted in Rhino Transport with Smoke Launchers}

Predator - Autocannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsoons, Daemonic Possession

Dreadnought - Coruscating Flame, Twin Linked Lascanon, Combi-bolter, DDCW

"If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

It's a pretty good start Hostspike.

H.Q.: Looks good. Having the thralls is questionable though, simply because the lord can be targeted.

Troops: The 9 man looks fine; the 7 man could use a power fist over the power weapon/d. strength. Even with 7 models, this squad will last a long time in c.c.., and you need to be hitting hard every round. Also, in a 1000 point game, you really can't afford to purchase two psi powers. Take one and save the points.

Heavy: The pred is the standard config, but hey, I use it too, because it's the best config on a pred. Why the dread? I'd think you'd be better off with another pred. Even if you keep the dread, you should consider dropping con. flame. I can't see it doing much, especially for its point cost. Dropping con. flame allows you to take your second troop squad up to 8. Also, dropping the second psi power and the familiar allows you to take the troop squad up to 9 (free A.C....yeh).

Just my two pence.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad, with the smaller board for 1000 point games, this list is quite good.

For the seven man squad, I would upgrade the power weapon for a powerfist. It never hurts, and you can hide it.

I would drop the lascannon on the dread for extra ccw as it makes for great cc capabilities.
    Cheerio.

[Iron Warriors] [6000]

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

You have a good list there Hotspike, but I'm a bit dubious on the two HS-vehicles. In my experience they tend to go quite fast.
    You do have two BoCs (I assume your HQ is hiding in the unit) and that's good. The Rhino-unit looks good, but like the others said a fist is a fist is a fist.
    Maybe you should try to drop the Dread and add a unit of Screamers? I think I would have done that.

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Um, How is the Pred with the Autocannon & Las sponsons the best?
    I'm not really that fussed, but it's odd. Loyalists say the Pred-A with HB Sponsons is king.

How is the 'worst' variant the best now?
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by <E!_Mance>
    How is the 'worst' variant the best now?
    Since we are chaos, that's pretty much our philosophy. Bad is good and good is bad.
    Seriously though, this has been the subject of many a debate on this board.
    The quick version is something like Shoot tanks OR Shoot infantry. The AC is good against medium vehicles and the lascans against both them and the heavier versions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Alright, so I should make the Rhino Champ a powerfister and then consider dropping the Dreddy for something else. Any reason why? Just curious. I've alwasy found that bringing as much anti - tank as possible helps me infinitely. Especially when I don't know what's coming. The auto/las pred lets me save some points, and well, Twin Linked is nice, but it's only one roll. I'd rather have two. And the autocannon doesn't hurt the tankbusting either. And if necessary I can shoot at infantry, killing about 2 or 3 each salvo I'd wager anyway. Any thoughts on the double powers either? A valid point for sure. It's just those occasional powerfists or weapons that could use a good sniping with Gift...
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I like the dread, and warp fire can be really nasty. I don't normaly spend out for the TL-Las on the Dread for the same reason I don't on the pred. You can get a good alternative for much much less. Usualy I go with the plas cannon, which can be really fun when someone DS. Don't take 2 CCWs though, as nothing is more awful then spending two rounds fire frenzying into troops right in front of you with two bolters... at least a plas cannon or las cannon will kill something.

I agree that 2 powers is questionable, even in larger point games. You can buy either more marines, or D Mut for your champs with those points. As for which one to pick... Wind is really great, but gift just keeps on giving... I would go with wind just as it is more reliable, but really whatever floats your boat.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

The main reason to drop the dreads is to take preds for tank busting. The pred w/ autocannon/lascannon is essentially the same price as your dreads and will dole out much more tan busting power. Of course, the c.c. ability of the dread has its place, but more often than not, the dreads don't make it into c.c., which means you're paying for the ranged support power of the dread. AND, for the cost of the dread's ranged support, the predator is much more effective.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread