Librarium Online Forums banner

World Eaters-1500?

3K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  Angron88 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, (must kill, spill blood, maim, burn, kill, slaughter)...
sorry, my inner Berzerker sometimes gets out (CHAINAXES AWAY)
I should write this down defore i kill my computer

HQ- Chaos Lord (Demon Prince)- Mark of Khorne, Dark Blade, Demonic Stature, Demonic Strength, Demonic Resilience, Rage of Khorne

Elites- 8 Chosen, mark of khorne, khornate chainaxes in a Rhino with smoke launchers
Elites- 2 Obliterators, Marks of Khorne (10 or 5 points?), tank hunters

Troops- 4x8 Berzerkers, Free Aspiring Champion, Chainaxes, Marks of Khorne, talismans of burning blood

Fast Attack- 3 Chaos bikers, Mark of Khorne, Chainaxes

Heavy Support- Dreadnoght, Mark of Khorne (10 or 5 points?), twin-lascannons, flamer

Anyway, how does in look?

#2 ·
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE OF KHORNE!!! SOULS FOR THE UNENDING SLAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is as much of my inner berzerker as im putting out at one time.

the lord needs refining to be a true champion of khorne.
a.give him d aura. he needs the invul save.
b.give him feel no pain. cheap and it is in a sense, another invul save.
c.he needs speed or flight. he will need to get across the field quickly to get where he wants to.
d. give him another ccw. its one pt.
e. lemmie give you an example of what i mean:
Daemon prince
MOK
dark blade
d aura
d st
d stat
d resil
d speed
FNP
ccw
not so expensive, and will kill ALOT of things and has got the durability for the job. you could drop the stat and have him run from cover to cover and just give him furious and then give him your ROK(it is somethin to get if you have leftover pts just not with this combo because it is maxed out in daemon gifts)

troops-
LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a solid core for your band of mentally unstable bloodthrsty warriors. give the Ac pfists, it will help. or meltabobms, but you need AT in this list.
FA- they are way too small. drop them.
Elites- you cant have oblits. they cant have a mark and therefore, cant have a mark of khorne. drop the chosen. they will most likely never make back their points.
HS- i prefer a pair of preds with las sponsoons and autocannon turrts, but wuth the points you just kiked off with the elites(if you do) you can probably (big if because i am not calculating points at this time right now.)just add them on. give the dred a ML to complement his lascannon and you will have some solid AT. you cant have marks on dreds they can just be deicated to Khorne and get the destroyer upgrade.
otherwise, very solid.

#3 · (Edited)
I was starting to think the chosen were a waste and I was going to take them out anyway; I thought they had 2 attacks I was thinking of the bikes as a sewer rat unit (cities of death) but the dread can handle himself if I kit him out more (he's that stalking guy taking out tanks with strength 9 lascannon and burning down hedgehog-like imperial guardsmen) and finally, my demon prince should be safe behind nice big adeptus administratum offices

#4 ·
ah. i did not know you were playing COD. in that case, you dont have to drop stat, but the prince should be changed. those preds might still come in handy so if you got some extrapts than sink em into them

#7 ·
Obliterators in a World Eaters army!!! :blink:-WTF.
If you take them you invalidate your ability to have free aspiring champions on your berserker squads. I would swap them instead for a predator annihalator or a defiler to provide you with the firepower you are going to need.

#8 ·
Alright, sorry about the last list, I didn't remember that obliterators couldn't get a MOK so lets hope I dont get bombarded with complaints from this one:

Demon Prince-Mark of Khorne, dark blade, rage of Khorne, demonic flight, strength, resilience, essence, feel no pain

2x8 Berzerkers, free aspiring champion with power fist and talisman of burning blood
3x8 Berzerkers, free aspiring champion with talisman of burning blood
5 bloodletters

Chaos Predator with twin-linked lascannon heavy bolter sponsons, extra armour, dozer blade, blasphemous rune, demonic possesion
Chaos Dreadnought- twin-linked lascannon, heavy flamer, smoke launchers and rune

At a total of 48 models (all of which can have a MOK) and an upgraded DP, it should work out, if not, ill go and sacrifice my blood to khorne

#9 ·
the blood letters are way too small for their purpose, so drop them. that way you can give your other Ac's fists and maybe upgrade your anit tank or get a cc dred that is overly cheap.
the lord still needs aura and an aditional ccw! drop rage of khorne if you need to find pts for d aura. give him furious charge and he can the kill normal ic's in a heartbeat. can you please say if he is statured or not, because it is hard to tell when you say Daemon prince and dont say that he is statured, as many poeple think that Daemon Prince means hes statured.
otherwise, agagain, i love it.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 ·
yes, be sure to give all of your aspiring champion's power fists. I learned the hard way what happens when a unit of Berzerkers is forced to charge some monstrous creature that under normal circumstances with their Str 4 they can't even scratch. Without a powerfist your berzerkers basically turn into swarm creatures that tie up monstrous creatures for a couple of turns.

Also, for Feel No Pain... this ability is great against small weapons fire and close combat with regular troops but as your Lord will most likely get shot at by almost every heavy weapon your opponent has you should really go with Stature... that way, with the Toughness increase of both Stature and Resilience, even Lascannon shots can be shrugged off and no weapon can insta-kill him, not even Str 10 weapons.

#12 ·
Also, for Feel No Pain... this ability is great against small weapons fire and close combat with regular troops but as your Lord will most likely get shot at by almost every heavy weapon your opponent has you should really go with Stature... that way, with the Toughness increase of both Stature and Resilience, even Lascannon shots can be shrugged off and no weapon can insta-kill him, not even Str 10 weapons.
The +1 toughness daemonic resiliance confers does not count when calculating instant death so strength 10 weapons will still instant death a daemon prince as he will count as having toughness 5. (It is in the rule book.)
If you want to avoid instant death the only way around it is a daemonic rune. ;)

#13 ·
HQ- Demon Prince, Mark of Khorne, Dreadaxe, Rage of Khorne, Close Combat Weapon, Demonic Strength, Resilience, Stature, Speed, Aura

Troops-2x8 Berzerkers, aspiring champion, power fist and talisman of burning blood
Troops-3x8 Berzerkers, aspiring champion, talisman of burning blood
Troops-6 Bloodletters

Heavy Support- Predator, lascannon turret, heavy bolter sponsons, extra armor, demonic possession
Heavy Support- Dreadnought, twin-lascannons, heavy flamer

Seems almost identical to the last one, however, this list finally worked out the last of the glitches in my demon prince (and now says he’s statured) also, the predator was given a slight revamp with a removed dozer blade and blasphemous rune, making it more laid-back. An extra bloodletter has been added with leftover points and I now give a proposed deployment of the army

Key- DP-demon prince
B1- Berzerker squad 1 (powerfist)
B2- Berzerker squad 2 (powerfist)
B3- Berzerker squad 3 (no powerfist)
B4- Berzerker squad 4 (no powerfist)
B5- Berzerker squad 5 (no powerfist)
BL- Bloodletters
P-predator
D- Dreadnought

B1 B1 B1 B1 D B3 B3 B3 B3 DP B4 B4 B4 B4 B2 B2 B2 B2 B5 B5 B5 B5 P
B1 B1 B1 B1 B3 B3 B3 B3 B4 B4 B4 B4 B2 B2 B2 B2 B5 B5 B5 B5

Final Notes- the Bloodletters are to be (hopefully) summoned on the Left flank to help out on the slightly weaker position there, assuming the Dreadnought can’t handle it. The Predator is to open fire at any armored vehicles from the right flank and mow down foot soldiers with sponson heavy bolters. The Demon prince could be placed elsewhere to react to, say…a terminator assault squad (cutting through both armor save of 2+ and negating inv. saves with up to 8 attacks) otherwise, this is the standard deployment of the army and gives an idea of my tactical ambitions…
………………
…I know, I’m a World Eater, I shouldn’t have any tactical ambitions…(chainaxe cuts in computer screen)

#14 ·
HQ- Demon Prince, Mark of Khorne, Dreadaxe, Rage of Khorne, Close Combat Weapon, Demonic Strength, Resilience, Stature, Speed, Aura
Rage of Khorne is a trash upgrade, and should never be taken before Mutation or Spiky bits. Swap it out for Spiky Bits. You should also really have Feel No Pain - it'll go a very long ways to allowing your Prince to survive. Don't forget the Frag Grenades, either.

Your troops look fine, but we'll come back to them in a moment.

Heavy Support- Predator, lascannon turret, heavy bolter sponsons, extra armor, demonic possession
Extra Armour is a waste of points since Daemonic Possession does everything better. So that's a few points saved. Next, I really dislike that weapons lay out, but I realize many people like it. I personally hate it, since it's too generalized to do any one job well. World Eaters lists lack anti-tank by default, so I would try to find a way to get tri-Lascannons on it, or at least the AC/Lascannon combination. However, if you're exclusively playing CoD games, the lack of mobility will hurt you bad, so the TLLC/HB might be the preferable choice.

Sheesh, first time I've ever come close to suggesting someone take that build.

Heavy Support- Dreadnought, twin-lascannons, heavy flamer
Characterful, but if you want a TL-Lascannon, take a Predator. I suggest going with the Twin-Linked Autocannon instead, freeing up 15 points and give you better anti-skimmer firepower. Daemonic Possession is a good buy for this one.

So after that last sentence, I've spent the better part of an hour trying to come up with a way to give Powerfists to those three Champions without. While I don't doubt the effectiveness of regular Berzerkers, even cheap vanilla ones, I'm a firm believer that every Champion should have some form of Power Weapon, perferably 'Fists. A couple people have already mentioned it, and for very good reason.

Unfortunately, the only way I can see is by dropping something. I'd go so far as to say it'd be worth dropping one unit of Berzerkers to free up points for a few minor upgrades and a third HS option, like a second Dread.

#16 ·
i actually say drop the bloodletters on this one. they are still too small to do anything and they will probably not show up until turn 3 or 4.
ROK is a waste of points. get mutation and/or spikey bits and frags like caulin said.
if you do drop one of the berzerker squads, than BEEF UP THE BLOOD LETTERS to 8 strong. that way they have a better chance of getting in and they get plenty of attacks and wounds to hide behind.
pretty much everything else caulin hit on the spot.:yes:

#17 ·
Look, guys. I'm really tired right now and I just got home from a vacation to New York and to re-iterate, the three champions without powerfists are simply the ones who don't rush at the tanks! Get it now? Maybe? (chainaxe in the face if you dont) so please drop the PF thing; okay I got a fresh list coming in the future so for now, I have to take a nap and listen to Rise Against

#18 · (Edited)
All right, just so I don't get crushed to death by more complaints, just know that this was a 5- second (okay, 5-minute list (seriously, I have a chaos space marines codex in my lap right now))

Demon Prince- Mark of Khorne, Dreadaxe, close combat weapon, frag grenades, demonic aura, demonic mutation, demonic resilience, demonic strength, demonic stature, feel no pain, rage of khorne, spiky bits

2x8 Berzerkers, free champion, talisman of burning blood, powerfist
3x8 Berzerkers, free champion, talisman of burning blood
6 Bloodletters

Dreadnought, plasma cannon, heavy flamer, demonic possesion
Predator, twin-linked lascannon turret, heavy bolter sponsons, demonic possesion, dozer blade

#19 ·
Well the entire point of this Chaos Army Lists forum is for you to get feedback on your lists. Now pretty much everyone has told you you should go with PFists in every squad, and there's a very good reason for it, but I understand if you don't want to. However...

Predator, twin-linked lascannon turret, heavy bolter sponsons, living vehicle, dozer blade
For the love of God get rid of Living Vehicle and put Possession on that thing! IMO that Pred isn't likely to last past the 2nd turn let alone long enough for it to be assaulted by enemy troops (and if it is you're doing something wrong). Your Dread isn't going to be much of a tank-killer with the Plasma Cannon so I'd suggest arming this guy with Lascannons all around maybe... and Possession.. definately Possession.

You should try and cut back on the DP a bit. He doesn't need to be COMPLETELY maxed out beyond all reasoning. Less is more, sometimes. You could try to save points and boost the Bloodletters to 8 (so you get much higher chance of summoning, unless you don't want that). Investing so much in a single model, however powerful he may be, is risky, as he can still potentially be brought down by lots of firepower.

#20 · (Edited)
I agree, a good relatively cheap and effective combo is Mok, 2 CCWs, Daemonic stature Daemonic strength, Daemonic resilience, Daemonic speed and Daemonic aura.

With this combo he has 6 strength 6 attacks ignoring armour saves. He has toughness 6, a 3+ armour save, 5+ invulnerable and can move 12 inches a turn to keep up with your berserkers all for 152 points.

#21 · (Edited)
All right, I understand what you mean(...What do you mean??...)but the main reason is mostt people responding to this forum keep telling me to add more and more stuff, but on the 2 CCW's, a dreadaxe counts as one-handed and negates inv. saves (I fight a lot of Black Templars sword brethren terminators) in addition to the armor save block for being a demon prince, I'm on it right now

#22 ·
Okay, okay. I'm really sorry this took so long but with school and mid-terms coming up, I had little or no time, there's a new list coming around 3-pm US eastern standard time, so please bear with me a bit longer. I had a list written out but I regrettably lost it...Please don't kill me...(I'll do better in the future)

#23 ·
All right, I found the list and it seems like the best so far...but we all know what happened last time...no one ever told me obliterators couldn't have a MOK

Demon Prince-MOK, Dreadaxe, CCW, frags, melta bombs, stature, strength, rage, feel no pain

2x8 Berzerkers, free champion, tally of burning blood, powerfist
3x8 Berzerkers, free champion, tally of burning blood
8 Bloodletters

Dreadnought- Plasma cannon, heavy flamer, extra armor
Predator- twin-linked lascannon turret, heavy bolter sponsons, demonic possesion, smoke launchers

Maybe not the best equiping of the Dread and Predator, I'll swap out later, but 8 Bloodletters are (hopefully) worth it...maybe not...[I should kill myself]

#24 ·
Demon Prince-MOK, Dreadaxe, CCW, frags, melta bombs, stature, strength, rage, feel no pain
Ok I'm sorry guys I am really going to have to disagree with the dreadaxe. I don't care what you guys say, a 6+ invulnerable save is not something to be worried about. I know, I recently played against orcs, 6+ saves do not help, its better than nothing, but you should not be worried about it. One of the main reasons for a dreadaxe was against a seer council, which is gone, now it is slightly useful against an avatar.

I think it was said before the DP does not need rage, please for the sake of Khorne get rid of it, and melta bombs are not neccessary the DP has 2d6 AP, and melta bombs won't do jack against a monolith

2x8 Berzerkers, free champion, tally of burning blood, powerfist
3x8 Berzerkers, free champion, tally of burning blood
8 Bloodletters
Alright first of all in previous posts it was said you were playing COD, I highly suggest you give your beserkers frag grenades, for me it's not acceptable to have fire warriors strike before your guys. Although frags are really up to you.

This has been said again and again your Champs need Powerfists, it is a neccessity, they may have to charge vehicles and you want to be able to do something about it, also a PF will slaughter anything, because you get 5 PF ATTACKS ON THE CHARGE! If you don't have the pts make the pts. take out something. I am telling you this as a freind and a fellow Khorne player.

Also you may have added it in but not shown it, but your beserkers need chainaxes

Dreadnought- Plasma cannon, heavy flamer, extra armor
Predator- twin-linked lascannon turret, heavy bolter sponsons, demonic possesion, smoke launchers
Something about predators, they will either be used for troop killing or tank busting, if you mix and match them they will not be effective. If you want a troop killer take an autocannon, if you want a tank killer take 3 LCs, since you are playing COD I suggest you take the troop killer as it will be more mobile.

Also the dread should prolly have an LC, the flamer is excellent for cityfight, but the plasma isn't. Since the troop killing pred. will be more effective you need a tank buster and a dread with twin linked LC will be perfect.

I hope this helps, you don't have to take my suggestions if you don't want to after all it is your army. :)

#25 ·
all right, All Right!! I see what you mean about the Dreadaxe's uselessness, and the Rage of Khorne (It'll worm its way back though) so I decided on a whole new approach, and a few huge re-formatting on the troops, the third squad is going to rush up to take positions and summon the demons on a flank while the two double strength zerker squads pummel opposition and move on. The dread will stalk independently to take out troops and tanks while the Predator eliminates big threats to the smaller squad, and last, the Demon Prince will kill off whatever he feels like, so long as he makes up for his 150 points

Demon Prine- Mark of Khorne, Berzerker Glaive, Demonic Mutation, Demonic Stature, Feel no Pain

16 Berzerkers, 15 chainaxes, frag grenades, free champion, powerfist, talisman of blood
16 Berzerkers, 15 chainaxes, frag grenades, free champion, powerfist, talisman of blood
8 Berzerkers, 7 chainaxes, frag grenades, free champion, powerfist (in rhino)
Rhino with dozer blade
6 bloodletters

Predator, autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons
Dreadnought, twin-linked lascannons, heavy flamer

#26 ·
Demon Prine- Mark of Khorne, Berzerker Glaive, Demonic Mutation, Demonic Stature, Feel no Pain

8 Berzerkers, 7 chainaxes, frag grenades, free champion, powerfist (in rhino)
Rhino with dozer blade
6 bloodletters

Predator, autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons
Dreadnought, twin-linked lascannons, heavy flamer
Hmmm this list could actually work. Not bad. =P

JvK

#27 ·
It seems like a pretty decent list, and the Glaive is the same as rage and a dreadaxe, gives 3 bonus attacks (max for rage) and a 4+ save; and the 5+ inv. on terminators isn't a problem. If I could find some points, I'll break a Berzerker unit (it takes +14 points to switch a chainaxe for a PF, to make it more flexible, but a 2x unit is pretty powerful; double the kills!!! the rhino transport could be taken out if it needs to and it'll fill out the unit divide and put demonic possesion back on the Predator, not like it really needs it for long-range fire support

Glad to hear it could work...now...where's my wallet?...

#29 ·
well, I gave it a test on a simple non-objective game aside from kill everything I can (just what it's best suited for...) against a 1500 point black templars army.

The Templars had a sword brethren squad, two big units of initiates a land raider and a marshal. the marshal and emporers champion each went with a squad of initiates to attack head-on while the land raider carried the sword brethren terminators at my Dread and Pred

It started out pretty well, I got first turn so I rushed full speed forward with the whole army, most blood frenzied running +4" from one and +3" from the 2nd and fired at the land raider with my Dreadnought's lascannon and opened on the initiates with the Champion with my predator, I killed 2 neophytes...but they just ran faster at me.

On their turn, the Templars started running at me, and if I was lucky, the 2x strength units would hold, kill one unit and mop up the other, if not, oh well. Meanwhile, the terminators in the land raider drove toward me, apparently straight at my tank and Dread they fired the sponson lascannons at the predator, both hit, but somehow, neither got a glancing or penetrating hit! no charges and I looked good

My turn, and the Templars I shot last turn were in charging range, so, I did! My Berzerkers brought a big chunk of Templars down, killing 9 but the Emperors Champion took down 2 Berzerkers and his squad killed another 7, I was hurting but he was more. The terminators were coming fast, so my rhino-squad disembarked and the Dread shot at the land raider , getting a weapon destroyed, the Pred shot at the un-engaged templars unit and got them to run away from my other Bererker unit and DP.

Templars turn 2, I was on top and fighting tooth and claw, just waiting to be attacked by some terminators and a marshal-bearing squad, and I was, bad...the marshal got to grips with my DP nearby and I lost around 9 berzerkers, and the terminators got out of the land raider and prepared to get some chainaxes in their faces!

My turn, finally...The terminators got charged, I killed 2 and lost 4, the land raider got blown to bits, the DP and Berzerker squad kept on fighting, the Prince slaughtered the marshal, taking a wound in return and the 2 squads brought down 6 of mine and 8 templars, as the first squad continued to drown each other in bodies. no shots from the Predator hit

The Templar player was losing hope, and he knew there were going to be some demons coming soon, so he revealed a devastator squad, which I forgot infiltrated behind my Pred so aside from being careless, my Predator and Dreadnought both were blown up by lascannons while my rhino got destroyed by a plasma cannon. Same old, same old on the main melee, but the Templars started running after that damn Emporers Champion bit the dust.

The game was starting to come to a close as my Demon Prince cut down the last of the now, "Late" Emporers Champion squad, but the first squad was finally annihilated, so, as any other inpatient Khorne general would, I finally managed to summon my Bloodletters, get them to scatter right at the surviving Templars, charge and finally see them off, the Terminators killed off the last of my rhino-squad only 2 turns of running away from my Berzerkers if I was lucky on my blood frenzy rolls, not to mention the Bloodletters.

Finally, my turn, and with only a pack of Bloodletters, a Demon Prince and 9 Berzerkers left, it would count...I got a 5 on my blood frenzy and my Demon Prince got a 6 on his, just a little farther and I would be on those Terminators

The Terminators moved to cover behind the wreck of my Predator and the Devastators opened fire at the coming horde, but as Khorne would have it, not a single Blood-crazed maniac fell

This was it, turn 5 and just a little way from the last combat, my tattered remnaints ended just a little bit shy of the Terminators, but the Bloodletters rounded a corner and butchered the Devastator marines in no time at all...Yay!!!

Ironically, the Terminators made the mistake of charging me and the three veterans failed to realize (and me to tell you) that the Berzerkers were in cover behind some razorwire and they were not equipped with grenades, so, suffice to say, my Demon Prince, who got charged by some fool with a chainfist, cut his foe down and the last of my Berzerkers saw the tactical dreadnought armored loyalists off to meet their false Emporer

so, I only had about 410 victory points over the Templars...I wouldn't call it a huge victory, even though I killed off his whole force, I lost all but 8 Berzerkers, an Aspiring Champion, my Demon Prince and a pack of Bloodletters. I'll revise my list, maybe take out the rhino and split a squad back to the regular 8, but I'll say I did well...

#31 ·
The Templar player was losing hope, and he knew there were going to be some demons coming soon, so he revealed a devastator squad, which I forgot infiltrated behind my Pred so aside from being careless, my Predator and Dreadnought both were blown up by lascannons while my rhino got destroyed by a plasma cannon.
The templar player was cheating, He cannot take devastator squads.

#32 ·
All right, all right, I'll admit it...I bought him (he's my friend/main opponent) a devastator squad set for Hanukah a while ago for his regular Space Marines Army and he had it built so he wanted to bring it out, so we agreed to let him off on it, but hey, I killed 'em and got some cheap VP's...and he used sewer rats in case you guys were wondering how he did this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.