2K Night Lords/Fallen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K Night Lords/Fallen

I'm new to Chaos, and am probably going to have an army along the following lines:

Daemon Prince
    • Daemonic Mutation
    • Daemonic Essence
    • Daemonic Speed
    • Daemonic Armour
    • Daemonic Resilience
    • Daemonic Strength
    • Daemonic Stature
    • Great Weapon
    • Frag Grenades

Sorcerer
    • Power Weapon
    • Combi-bolter
    • Warp Talisman
    • Daemon Strength
    • Doombolt
    • Terminator Armor
    • Teleport Homer
    • 4x Chosen Terminators

Cypher, The Fallen Angel

Fallen Angels
    • x8
    • 8x Bolt Pistol & CCW
    • Aspiring Champion
    o Bolt Pistol
    o Power weapon
    • Rhino Transport

Chaos Space Marines
    • x9
    • Infiltrate
    • Flamer
    • 8x Bolt Pistol & CCW
    • Aspiring Champion
    o Power Weapon
    o Plasma Pistol

Chaos Space Marines
    • x9
    • Infiltrate
    • Flamer
    • 8x Bolt Pistol & CCW
    • Aspiring Champion
    o Lightning Claws x2

Raptors
    • x8
    • Infiltrate
    • Furious Charge

Raptors
    • x8
    • Infiltrate
    • Furious Charge

Havocs
    • x5
    • Heavy Bolter
    • Missile Launcher
    • Lascannon
    • Autocannon
    • Infiltrate
    • Tank Hunters
    • Stealth Adepts

The idea being the marines and raptors infiltrate 18", or closer, if possible, with the havocs around 30" away. The Daemon Prince has Speed, so can get to the enemy quickly, as will the angels and cypher in the rhino. The termies deep strike and do their thing. Essentially, I force early hth.

Oh yeah, and yes, I can have 2 squads of raptors, it's part of the Night Lord's special rules. Same thing with stealth adepts for the havocs.

Comments please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I don't know the rules for Cypher, so the following will ignore him.

My first reaction is that the list is more typical of Alpha Legion than Night Lords as you have a lot of infiltration, only one squad with Stealth and don't plan to use the Raptors to full effect. Why are you thinking Night Lords?

Major point: You have no antitank capabilities at all except your Prince and Havocs. No powerfists, no squad heavy weapons, no meltaguns on the Raptors. You need more!

You should bring Aspiring Champs in all squads, let alone Havocs and Raptors.

Havocs don't do well with combined weapons, generally. If you already have the models then no problem, just assign the lascannon, heavy bolter and either AC or ML to troop squads. Ultimately, you should angle for either 4 MLs or 4 ACs for them--I do the latter and frequently the enemy will concede that side of the table rather than risk facing them. Also, max out the body count; five Havocs with four heavy weapons is going to die fast.

There's no need for a sorceror to have both a combi-weapon and Doombolt. In fact, I would lose him and just have a squad of 6 Termies. The Daemon Prince could be tooled down a little, but that's just my taste. Speaking of which, if you're going to teleport them for CC then give teleport homers to your CSM squads--they save a lot of grief.

Warp Talisman = Warp Focus? By the way, the homer doesn't work when the Terminators are the ones holding it.

Your general strategy is good and this list is in the right direction. Rely on your aspiring champions for the bulk of your death-dealing in CC. I would consider switching to Alpha Legion and using bikes with meltaguns instead of Raptors. That will give you more antitank with no loss of maneuvering and save a lot of points with which to give reaper autocannons to your Terminators. That would round the list out nicely.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Isn't Cypher an HQ choice? If so you can't really field this unless he has a rule I don't know about. Otherwise ^^ yes, more antitank. I'd also switch to Alpha Legion, unless you are rabidly against Cultists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, Cypher is an Eltes choice, he's in Heroes and Villains in one of the White Dwarfs, I don't know which, I have the pdf on my computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took off the DP's master crafted and extra wound, and gave him the invul save and furious charge. I just killed off the sorceror, and messed around with the terminators' weaponry. I also fixed the homer, thanks for that Intrepid.
    The sqauds I gave aspiring champions and just tinkered with them a bit, and the havocs now have 2 ACs and 2 MLs. They also have an aspiring champion.

Daemon Prince 179
    • Daemonic Mutation
    • Daemonic Aura
    • Daemonic Speed
    • Daemonic Armour
    • Daemonic Resilience
    • Daemonic Strength
    • Daemonic Stature
    • Furious Charge
    • Great Weapon
    • Frag Grenades

Chosen Terminators 216
    • x5
    • 2x Chainfist
    • Pair Lightning Claws
    • Combi-Melta

Cypher, The Fallen Angel 151

Fallen Angels 199
    • x8
    • 8x Bolt Pistol & CCW
    • Aspiring Champion
    o Bolt Pistol
    o Power weapon
    • Rhino Transport

Chaos Space Marines 204
    • x9
    • Infiltrate
    • Flamer
    • 8x Bolt Pistol & CCW
    • Aspiring Champion
    o Power Weapon
    o Bolt Pistol
    o Teleport Homer

Chaos Space Marines 204
    • x9
    • Infiltrate
    • Flamer
    • 8x Bolt Pistol & CCW
    • Aspiring Champion
    o Bolt Pistol
    o Powerfist

Raptors 323
    • x8
    • Infiltrate
    • Furious Charge
    • Aspiring Champion
    o Lightning Claws

Raptors 323
    • x8
    • Infiltrate
    • Furious Charge
    • Aspiring Champion
    o Lightning Claws

Havocs 198
    • X4
    • 2x Missile Launchers
    • 2x Autocannon
    • Aspiring Champion
    • Infiltrate
    • Tank Hunters
    • Stealth Adepts

Thanks again for the help.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

It's our pleasure. Come to think of it, I've never infiltrated my troops before--always used them to grab objectives and support tankbusting. I might have to try this list out myself.

Cheers!
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Just a few quick things, as I see them.
    • The Great Weapon is not a good choice. 2x CCW is a better choice. With the FC and Strength, you'll be wounding on 2+ most of the times anyways, so the +1 strength from the GW does you no good, but the +1 attack is far more preferable.
    • Terminators may not have pairs of L-Claws unless they're Champions and buy them from the Armoury. Far too expensive to do that.
    • Don't mix and match your Havoc's weaponry. Stick to one weapon. Autocannons are more versatile and better against most Tanks, but Missile Launchers are preferable if you fight a lot of 3+ armour save armies.
    • Raptor Champions should have Power Weapons and Strength instead of the L-Claws. When paired with the F-Charge, this will allow them to wound on a 2+, matching the effeciency of the L-Claws, but for half the price.
    • You might consider dropping a single Raptor from both squads to afford two Special Weapons for them. This isn't really necessary, if you think you have enough tank busting power already.
    Can't comment much on Cypher and the Angels, since I'm not familiar with the article, but the list looks pretty good with all things being considered. Just a few minor tweaks is all you need.

+ Reply to Thread