IW 1500 -- Little different - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

IW 1500 -- Little different

So I'm planning to branch out to Iron Warriors sometime soon... I've written up a 1500 list and I want to give it a whirl to see how you guys think it'll do...

--HQ--

Warsmith (Lt) - Kai Gun, D. Flight

--ELITES--

2 x Obliterators

2 x Obliterators

--TROOPS--

5 x CSM - 2 x Meltagun, Infiltrate, MoCU

5 x CSM - 2 x Meltagun, Infiltrate, MoCU

8 x CSM - 2 x Plasma gun, MoCU

8 x CSM - 2 x Plasma gun, MoCU

--HEAVY ATTACK--

5 x Havocs -- 4 x Meltagun, Infiltrate, MoCU

5 x Havocs -- 4 x Plasma gun, Infiltrate, MoCU

5 x Havocs -- 4 x Missile Launcher, Infiltrate, MoCU

Vindicator -- Smoke Launchers, D. Possession

Most games are on urban/cityfight boards with lots of buildings and cover. As you can see the list is mainly lots of infantry... Because I love infantry. I also love the idea of shock infantry. Anyway the idea is lots of infiltration, getting up close and unleashing torrents of firepower.

In terms of suggestions, what I'd really like to know is what weaknesses this list has... rather than simply "replace this with that, that with this, put that over there, give those guys this and badda-bing!". For instance, what will this list get pwned by, and what will it pwn, etc etc...

Takka n' Wakka's Dakka Attacka! 33W / 6L / 1D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I like this list for a city fighting role.

Much of your list relies on close range firepower to shred the opposition. This works fine but you tend to only get one turn of effective firepower as you get changed next turn if the enemy are in larger squads and don't get blown away. The main weakness I see is no aspiring champions with power fists in the squads. I would suggest dropping a squad (probably the melta havocs) to upgrade all squads to 8 men and get some power fist sprinkled about.

Tank hunters may be better for the missile launcher squad but I suppose with infiltrate you get to sort out a firing solution on turn one.

A power weapon on the LT would allow him a secondary hand to hand role to help out one of your squads in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Misanthrope, I'm not convinced about the list.

There's no problem with close range fire power in city fight - it's good.

Also, kudos for trying Iron warrior differently.

My main concern for you, is CC. In your entire army, the best CC combatants are your obliterators.

You do have a lot of fire power, which is nice, but the first thing I would do when playing you is a) make use of cover, and b) assault you.

both these things render the low ap of your weapons not so usefull.

I would try to take 6 men squads instead, and wherever possible, a champion with a power fist.

I do like the original list however.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread