500pt Lost and the Damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

500pt Lost and the Damned

I got Beastmen for convershun to Bloodletters. Now I'm not entirely sure what to do with them, but starting the Lost and the Damned seemed a good idea.

HQ
    Aspiring Champions

TROOPS
    16 Mutants, Burly/brawny/goat-headed
    Boss, Power Fist
    Aspiring Champion, Mark of Nurgle, Plague Sword, Blight grenades, frag grenades, Daemonic Visage - 249

TROOPS
    Boss, Power Fist
    Aspiring Champion, Mark of Nurgle, Plague Sword, Blight grenades, frag grenades, Daemonic Visage - 249

Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus View Post
    If you translate the breasts from the FW-greater Daemon, the size of a Defiler, I don't think there would be any problem fitting six such on it.
    If you like them larger, sure they might not fit, but I think the Defiler would look a bit... iffy. Like Dolly Parton 40 000. Not really my cup of tea.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Here goes:

TROOPS
    Boss, Power Fist
    So you have 2 identical mutant squads, right?
    One thing someone may have to double-check is whether you can have gifts for one patron god on the squad and a different mark on the accompanying Aspiring Champion.

As for the Aspiring Champions on their own, they're eating up a lot of points. I don't think they need all of those upgrades. Sure, you're allowed to give them 75 points worth, but do they really need it?

The Powerfists on the mutant bosses are a bit of a waste. You've payed for the extra strength, so give them something else. D.Strength + power weapon is a popular combo in regular CSM armies.

The squad sizes are decent, I guess, but they may have trouble with light vehicles. If that's what the power fists were for, I'd reconsider.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

More mutants are better than better mutants. However, definately keep the power fists on the mutant bosses.

Note: Just because your mutants are beastmen they don't have to have burly / etc. They can just have mutated in that fashion. WYSIWYG means everything bought for the fig has to be represented on the fig, that doesn't stop there from being things on the fig that aren't bought.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    More mutants are better than better mutants. However, definately keep the power fists on the mutant bosses.

Note: Just because your mutants are beastmen they don't have to have burly / etc. They can just have mutated in that fashion. WYSIWYG means everything bought for the fig has to be represented on the fig, that doesn't stop there from being things on the fig that aren't bought.
    Part of the reason I made them all Burly was because I have a limited budget. I'd very much like to be able to field huge enough mobs to reach 500 points at normal costs but, well...

Anyway, I was planning to supplement the Beastmen with Zombies to finish the mobs up.

The PF on the Mutant Boss is for simple reasoning. Everything that you should be remotely scared of in hand to hand, 'cept for Orks, will strike before Initiative 3 anyway, so I might as well give him 4 Str 6 (7) power weapon attacks that strike second anyway. That, and the PFs are the be-all and end-all of the force's AT ability.

My main worry was the Blight Grenades. I figured that with a huge unit they'd be justified, but on second thoughts 16 + champion isn't huge enough. The Plague Swords are staying, however, in case I really want to insta-death that pesky Chaplain. Leaving me with 6 more mutants...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus View Post
    If you translate the breasts from the FW-greater Daemon, the size of a Defiler, I don't think there would be any problem fitting six such on it.
    If you like them larger, sure they might not fit, but I think the Defiler would look a bit... iffy. Like Dolly Parton 40 000. Not really my cup of tea.

+ Reply to Thread