Undivided/Nurgle [1500] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Undivided/Nurgle [1500]

A fluffly list I've been working on, a space marine chapter infected/tainted by nurgle. First a little fluff. Rather than face excommunication and destruction at the hand of the inquisition they went on a self-imposed crusade into the eye of terror, fighting any chaos forces they come across, all the while becoming progressively more chaotic themselves. They're original name has been lost over time and they now call themselves the Angels of Corruption (not very creative I know, but it gets the idea across).

HQ
    Chaos Lieutenant:
    Daemonic Flight; Kai Gun

Elites
    3x Obliterators:
    Body Weapons

7x Plague Marines:
    5x Bolters; 2x Meltaguns
    Aspiring Champion w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Fist: Nurgle's Rot

7x Plague Marines:
    5x Bolters; 2x Meltaguns
    Aspiring Champion w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Fist; Nurgle's Rot

Troops
    6x Chaos Marines:
    4x Bolters; 2x Plasma Guns; MoCU; Infiltrate

6x Chaos Marines:

Heavy Support
    Dreadnought:
    DCCW; Plasma Cannon; Mutated Hull; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers; Searchlight

Dreadnought:
    Plasma Cannon; Dreadnought Missile Launcher; Havoc Launcher; Extra Armor; Searchlight

8x Havocs:
    4x Bolters; 4x Autocannons
    MoCU; Tank Hunters

Total: 1500

The general idea is that the plague marines, obliterators and the close combat dreadnought advance up the field while being supported by the Lt and the infiltrating marines who are in turn supported by the autocannon havocs and the dreadnought of templatey love.

So, Ideas? Criticisms?

"You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first off, the list doesn't look bad at all. I only have a couple of comments to make. First, you may want to put a power weapon on the LT, just so he's not unarmed in CC. You also might want to give him a MoN, just because it's well worth it for some more staying power. also, are the plague marines squads of 7 plus an AC for a total of 8 in the squad, or 7 man total squads, if they are 8, you may want to move one from each of the plague marine squads into the regular chaos marine squads, even things out a little bit.

anyway, good luck with this list, and may it serve you well
    Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Looks good Xiahou, let me try and help

A fluffly list I've been working on, a space marine chapter infected/tainted by nurgle. First a little fluff. Rather than face excommunication and destruction at the hand of the inquisition they went on a self-imposed crusade into the eye of terror, fighting any chaos forces they come across, all the while becoming progressively more chaotic themselves. They're original name has been lost over time and they now call themselves the Angels of Corruption (not very creative I know, but it gets the idea across).
    Nice fluff.

HQ
    Chaos Lieutenant:
    Daemonic Flight; Kai Gun
    Uhh. definitely nice and cheap. I don't agree with the power weapon, the simple reason being that without one, if forces you to get your moneys worth out of that kai gun.
    I do, however, think that the MoN is a smashing idea. Resilience is a very important upgrade, and it ties in nicely with your fluff. Additionally, it shouldn't screw up your FOC in any way.

Elites
    3x Obliterators:
    Body Weapons

7x Plague Marines:
    5x Bolters; 2x Meltaguns
    Aspiring Champion w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Fist: Nurgle's Rot

7x Plague Marines:
    5x Bolters; 2x Meltaguns
    Aspiring Champion w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Fist; Nurgle's Rot
    All good.

Troops
    6x Chaos Marines:

6x Chaos Marines:
    May your enemies burn with fiery plasma of doom.

Heavy Support
    Dreadnought:
    DCCW; Plasma Cannon; Mutated Hull; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers; Searchlight
    Not keen on mutated hull. It's nice, but i'd really say that daemonic possession is superior especially on a dreadnought. If there's fluff reasons, then fair enough, but other wise you're saving yourself 15 points (armour is superfluous)...

Dreadnought:
    Plasma Cannon; Dreadnought Missile Launcher; Havoc Launcher; Extra Armor; Searchlight
    Which you can spend on giving this happy chappy giving him daemonic possession also.
    He's putting out a lot of fire power. Blood rage will hack you off though eh?

8x Havocs:
    4x Bolters; 4x Autocannons
    MoCU; Tank Hunters
    ... hmm... hmm... hmm... ok, if this is a fluffy list, why do the have autocannons? Of course because autocannons kick ass and make small children marine players cry, but.. wouldn'y missile launchers be a bit more fluffy? Just a thought. I have no complaints against autocannon havocs.

I think it's a great list over all. It looks fun to play.

Good luck
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    -snip-
    Uhh. definitely nice and cheap. I don't agree with the power weapon, the simple reason being that without one, if forces you to get your moneys worth out of that kai gun.
    I do, however, think that the MoN is a smashing idea. Resilience is a very important upgrade, and it ties in nicely with your fluff. Additionally, it shouldn't screw up your FOC in any way.

Not keen on mutated hull. It's nice, but i'd really say that daemonic possession is superior especially on a dreadnought. If there's fluff reasons, then fair enough, but other wise you're saving yourself 15 points (armour is superfluous)...

Which you can spend on giving this happy chappy giving him daemonic possession also.
    He's putting out a lot of fire power. Blood rage will hack you off though eh?

... hmm... hmm... hmm... ok, if this is a fluffy list, why do the have autocannons? Of course because autocannons kick ass and make small children marine players cry, but.. wouldn'y missile launchers be a bit more fluffy? Just a thought. I have no complaints against autocannon havocs.

I think it's a great list over all. It looks fun to play.

Good luck
    Ahh thank you thank you, there's good suggestions here. I love the idea of putting Daemonic Possession on the dreads. Normally it'd be unfluffy but I could count it as them being kinda like plague marines and ignoring all but the heaviest of hits, yes I like it very much.

I probably wouldn't want to add a power weapon to my HQ, as Karmoon said I think I'd be better off keeping him in a shooting role. The MoN would be good, though I'm chary of adding any more points to him than absolutely necessary. Game-wise it'd be good. Fluff-wise though, the Lt. is the symbol of purity that the chapter follows (his daemonic flight is going to be a pair of angel wings) so it wouldn't work. I'm kinda torn, though there's no easy way to get the points for it, so I'll probably just leave it as it is.

The autocannons are there pretty much as you said, for kicking ass and making small children cry. Though I never thought about them being unfluffy, in fact I didn't think about it much at all. But it's a good point. When exactly did the loyalist marines stop using autocannons (I figure the loyalists must have had them at some point for the chaos marines to have them). I'd really like to keep the autocannons though. Not only because they're good, but also because they look cool and imagine would be the easiest of the heavy weapons to maintain on their crusade so is therefore fluffy (if they could get access to them in the first place).

Thanks for the help guys, though at the moment it seems like the only change I'll be making is to put daemonic possession on the dreads. It's nice and neat how it works out to be exactly the same number of points.

XD
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread