Revised Infiltrating Nurgle Horde-2k- Beat This - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised Infiltrating Nurgle Horde-2k- Beat This

Hello, I am currently deciding between buying this and a SM Tyranid Hunter list (which is posted in the SM army list forum please peek).
    I like this list here alot, although I know that most people will say that taking the undivided havocs with HB's is a cop-out.....it is I know but it makes the army more effective and more prepared for all comers. There are a few true horde lists in my gaming group so I have to be prepared.
    Also I know there will be a few people shouting "No Plasma?!" but these guys are expensive, I don't want them nuking themselves. However, feel free to persuade me. Anyway, tear this to shreds, cheers.

HQ

Daemon Prince: Stature, Strength, Speed, Essence, Aura, Armour, Visage, MON, Infiltrate, Manreaper, NR-210

Chaos Lieutenant: Strengh, Speed, Infiltrate, MON, Plague Sword-120

Troops

Plague Marines x6: MON, Infiltrate, 2 Meltaguns, AC with PS, NR, Frag Grenades-218
    Plague Marines x6: MON, Infiltrate, 2 Meltaguns, AC with PS, NR, Frag Grenades-218

Heavy Support

Havocs x8: 4 Bolters, 4 Heavy Bolters, MOCU-180

Total: 1998

The Plan: The DP causes pandemonium on one flank, the lieut goes character hunting with the PS, the havocs take care of the low saves and the meltas take care of armor and high saves, Against IG, Tau, and other weak hth races it's right into combat after firing 2 meltas and then the fists go to work. Rinse and Repeat. Now, where are the flaws?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

There's a high redundancy in your list (a good thing to be sure).

H.Q.: He's currently illegal, as you can't have stature and infiltrate. Consider dropping stature, which will allow your prince that coveted first turn charge. Also, drop daemonic armor. The 3+/5+ inv is ample. Decreasing the 3+ to a 2+ doesn't actually add *that* much to the prince's staying power. Plus, power weapons still negate it. At range, your prince will endure mainly high strength low ap ranged fire, which also usually negates the 2+ conferredy by d. armor (assuming he's a statured prince). Finally, drop d. essence. While it looks amazing, it really isn't worth its cost. Most of the time, the h.q. will survive without it, and having one additional wound at 15 points is usually better spent else where in your army. I'll get to this later.

Troops: Upgrade to power fists. Your troops have enormous staying power, but Plague marines are notorious for having only a moderate offense. For this reason, you really need a hard hitting power fist. Don't worry about the low init, because the added toughness of your plague marines will enagble the units to survive so that your AC can counter the attack. I won't touch on plasma guns, as you aren't a fan of them. You can't rely on melta guns for your sole tank busting guns. Their short range will not be sufficient for hunting down fast moving skimmers, even with infiltrate.

Havocs: The real benefit of havoc squads isn't their heavy bolter option (unlike space marines); it's the tank hunter autocannon. Having 8 shots at 8S is ample to literally take down any vehicle in your way. Here is one of there areas where your army needs more points invested. You can also drop the MoCU in order to gather more points.

Obliterators: Any Chaos Undivided army should take obliterators. At the 2000 point marker, I would suggest fielding a unit of three. They really are worth their points, as anyone on this forum will attest.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Read the book of nurgle section in the chaos codex Heavy Bolters are not an option and cannot be taken as with any heavy weapon whatsoever. Also infiltrating a whole army is not going to do you that well try infiltrating 3 units and putting 2 in rhinos because if you get an alpha game you are totally screwed and foot slogging across a board. Any army like tau and eldar are going to rip you apart regardless of your toughness 5 also try using a unit of 14 Plaguebearers you can say BYE BYE to annoying units like wraithlords etc. The aspiring champions need to have a powerfist THIS IS A MUST. Instead of using uber amounts of meltaguns try some plasma rifles. Maybe 2 tri lascannon predators and a defiler (just as an annoyance factor) instead of the havoc squads. I don't have my codex with me but my daemon prince is virtually the same except he cannot infiltrate and i use the dread axe IGNORES INVUL SAVES and since he is a monstorous creature he ignores armor saves so all in all he ignores every save possible it's a nice thing that nice little 2+ invul save that a cannoness can get and the dark eldar HQ have are GONE it kills things quicker IMO. Also the wargear upgrade that you have on him where he cannot get insta-paced is not worth it IMO there are not that many weapons in the game that can instant kill a toughness 5 model other then a railgun and some dreadnaught close combat attacks. Nurgle is one of the hardest armies to play just remember that and it took me FOREVER before i found my happy medium with them and started winning constantly. It's a very very difficult army to play.
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Also if you do decide to take plasma rifles they only overheat 33% of the time when rapid firing and with a 3+ armor save I will take my chances anyday. I put tank hunter on 2 plasma units and it was a nice suprise to throw out there against a mech eldar army the guy did not expect it. Just some options.
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind plasma but 33% of 19 points is more than 33% of 14 points normal CSM So he's good with melta guns...

TheEnd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by churchic View Post
    Read the book of nurgle section in the chaos codex Heavy Bolters are not an option and cannot be taken as with any heavy weapon whatsoever.
    Nope. He's playing Black Legion with a Nurgle emphasis (not Death Guard). His army is legal in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by churchic View Post
    Nurgle is one of the hardest armies to play just remember that and it took me FOREVER before i found my happy medium with them and started winning constantly. It's a very very difficult army to play.
    Playing a Nurgle oriented army is generally considered to be one of the easier chaos builds to grasp. It's extremely forgiving (second only to Thousand Sons) due to the 5T. Slaanesh, on the other hand, has a much harder learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEndIsNear View Post
    I wouldn't mind plasma but 33% of 19 points is more than 33% of 14 points normal CSM So he's good with melta guns...

TheEnd
    That's only a 33% chance to wound. There is another 33% chance to actually fail the wound, which ends up being only a 1/9 chances of losing a marine to a 'gets hot' roll when rapid firing.
    Last edited by Rabbit; January 4th, 2007 at 22:36.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'm going to lose the plague swords and take powerfists, good idea. As for the legality or lack thereof on my DP, that will need to be remedied. I have 26 points left, I can't upgrade my HQ's anymore, they're at their wargear limit so...any suggestions? Here's the revised list, now legal, and let's hope, more potent.

HQ

Daemon Prince: Mutation, Strength, Speed, Essence, Aura, Armour, Visage, MON, Manreaper, Infiltrate, NR-210

Chaos Lieutenant: Strengh, Speed, Infiltrate, MON, Plague Sword-120

Troops

Plague Marines x6: Frag Grenades, MON, Infiltrate, 2 Meltaguns, AC with PF, NR-214
    Plague Marines x6: Frag Grenades, MON, Infiltrate, 2 Meltaguns, AC with PF, NR-214

Heavy Support

Total: 1974

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot, 3 of the Plague Marine squads now have Plasmaguns instead of Meltaguns. I thought of my friend's 8 TMC nidzilla list and realized I may not want to snuggle up close to him for the meltas, so it's 50/50 now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I might be mixing these up (40K and fantasy) but I'm pretty sure that if your HQ unit takes a mark of a chaos god the troops have to do so as well. I might be getting these mixed up. I'm at work and don't have either codex with me. Please clarify.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Sorry churchic, but you are mixing the games up. No need to make an all marked list even with a marked HQ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast