Slurgle - 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slurgle - 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Slurgle - 1500

Enamoured with the might of Alpha Legion, I have a few troops that I don't use that often. This is a list which uses all of those models.

Please smash it as hard as you can. Make me cry.

HQ:
    Nurgly Lord
    * Dark Blade, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Strength
    * Bolt Pistol, Frags, Furious Charge, Mark of Nurgle
    167 points
    11% of army

I know the standard is Manreaper etc etc. But i have a lot more experience with using this type of Lord so will probably be much more effective with him.

ELITES:

Obliterators x 2
    140 points
    9 % of army

yodle yodle

Slaaneshi Havocs x 6
    * Blast Masters x 3
    * Tank Hunters, Mark of Slaanesh
    192 points
    13% of army

Blast masters at their best.

Slaaneshi Assault x 7
    * Melta Gun, Sonic Blaster x 2, Frags
    * Aspiring Champion
    - Power weapon, Daemonic Strength, Mutation
    * Mark of Slaanesh, Furious Charge
    219 points
    15% of army

Making use of that warp scream. It's a nice combo with the F. Charge

TROOPS

Plague Marines x 7
    * Melta gun x 2
    * Aspiring Champion
    - Power Fist, Mutation
    * Mark of Nurgle
    191 points
    13% of army

Plague Marines as above

Tactical Marines x 8
    * Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter
    * Aspiring Champion
    - Power Fist, Mutation
    * Mark of Chaos Undecided.
    173 points
    12% of force

Solid core of troops for general beating and starring as extras in rap videos.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Havocs x 7
    * Autocannons x 4
    * Tank hunters, Mark of Chaos Undivided.
    206 points
    14% of force

no explanation necessary.. other than i couldn't affort 4 meat shields.

So please go crazy. It's a fun list (for me) but if i can steamline it and make it competitive then I will.

The only units which much stay are the blast masters and Plague Marine Squads.. but any configuration is fine.

Thanks in advance

LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't have the Obliterators, as they cannot have a Mark of Chaos. They can only be led by an Undivided Army. Before you say it is an Undivided Army, it's led by a Nurgle leader, so it's a Nurgle Army. If you give the army a Undivided leader, then you can have the Obliterators.

looking around the ship cuz those damn nurglings stole my bolter again
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Karmoon, and welcome to the ranks of the great and mighty Slurgle. To Kristoferjm, uhmmm, no and uh.....no. He can have whatever he wants aslong as he stays with FoC. No where in his post does it say that it is "Death Guard" meaning that there are no restrictions, it is merely nurgle flavored undidvided with slaanesh units.

Now...back to the list, I like the lord its good to see someone get away from the standard horde killer manreaper lord and I have high hopes that this guy will tear through ICs and infantry with ease and maybe aven medium vehicles as he'll be at S8 on the charge. The elites are beautiful, you got the all purpose oblits and a CC uber unit of doom (just watch out for AP3 pieplates...just personal experience..lol) and last you have the slaanesh "super autocannon" squad, just watch out with them if your opponent knows what they can do they will get shot to pieces if not in cover.. The plague marine squads look good and tough like they should be and if you're using them to soak up enemy fire for youre slaanesh units then they will get the job done. Last with the heavy support, once again no problems that i can see, heheeh another autocannon squad. Eldar skimmer armies will hate you, lol. The list looks pretty solid and I can't see any possible changes, Apart from maybe making a Sonic Blaster squad cuz they work very well for me, but we probably have different playstyles. Thats all

Good luck with your list for the glory of uhmm..er, sexy stinkyness?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kristoferjm View Post
    You can't have the Obliterators, as they cannot have a Mark of Chaos. They can only be led by an Undivided Army. Before you say it is an Undivided Army, it's led by a Nurgle leader, so it's a Nurgle Army. If you give the army a Undivided leader, then you can have the Obliterators.
    Quick word of advice - be very, very careful when attempting to correct a player such as Karmoon. He is one of those who has nothing better to do than dwell about the Chaos forums spying on Caluin and theyak, so he knows what he's up to. =D

The overall army looks solid to me, Karmoon. Good explanation on the Lord, and all that. However, you might find the lack of anti-tank to be hurtful... Melta Guns are only reliable for so long, and that "so long" is usually the later turns of the game, when they can get into range. Your Havocs are gonna be rather busy.

I like the flavour, though. It looks like a fun mix, and Sonic weaponry is always a fun thing... I've been considering doing an army completely equipped with Sonic weapons, just to see what happens. =)

Looks like a fun list to play with or against, while still being competitive.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post

Please smash it as hard as you can. Make me cry.
    New goal: To make Karmoon cry. :cry:

HQ:
    Nurgly Lord
    * Dark Blade, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Strength
    * Bolt Pistol, Frags, Furious Charge, Mark of Nurgle
    167 points
    11% of army

I know the standard is Manreaper etc etc. But i have a lot more experience with using this type of Lord so will probably be much more effective with him.
    I've always felt the Dark Blade is an acceptable substitute for the Manreaper- no problems here. What's the reason for not giving this pup infiltrate for the first turn charge? Is it too much like your A.L. army? I'd think that infiltrate would serve him better than furious charge. In my experience, having a strength greater than 6 usually goes to waste, as most models have a 3-4 strength. While the 8 strength is nice for the occasional tank bust or monstrous creature charge, it's also rather conditional. The same can be said about the increased initiative, unless you're playing against a high initiative army. I also feel the same way about daemonic strength. It seems to be overkill for most scenarios.

Daemonic mutation: Why not spiky bits? It accomplishes the same thing.

My two pennies.

ELITES:

Obliterators x 2
    140 points
    9 % of army
    smooth as guinness
    yodle yodle

Slaaneshi Havocs x 6
    * Blast Masters x 3
    * Tank Hunters, Mark of Slaanesh
    192 points
    13% of army
    You're set on these, so I won't try and persuade you against taking them.

Slaaneshi Assault x 7
    * Melta Gun, Sonic Blaster x 2, Frags
    * Aspiring Champion
    - Power weapon, Daemonic Strength, Mutation
    * Mark of Slaanesh, Furious Charge
    219 points
    15% of army

Making use of that warp scream. It's a nice combo with the F. Charge
    Why the sonic blasters in an assault unit? Why not another melta gun? Other that, the unit looks good.

TROOPS

Plague Marines x 7
    * Melta gun x 2
    * Aspiring Champion
    - Power Fist, Mutation
    * Mark of Nurgle
    191 points
    13% of army

Plague Marines as above

Tactical Marines x 8
    * Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter
    * Aspiring Champion
    - Power Fist, Mutation
    * Mark of Chaos Undecided.
    173 points
    12% of force
    Looks good. I don't like mutation, but that comes down to a personal choice. In my opinion, it's not worth the points.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Havocs x 7
    * Autocannons x 4
    * Tank hunters, Mark of Chaos Undivided.
    206 points
    14% of force
    It's sooo hard to get away from this squad. It's that good.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Thank you Zombie, Rabbit and Lost Nemesis

@ kristoferjm

Thank you for comenting. EVen though on this occasion you weren't quite correct, please continue posting. It's a great way to learn. I learnt a lot on these forums, a LOT.. and if you look at my early posts you'll see just how stupid someone can be. So seriously, thanks
    I know the Chaos codex almost off by heart.. however, i'm not above making mistakes.

OK.. Rabbit... my bottom lip is quivering.. but i'm still just about ok..

When I said set units, I should have clarified a bit... basically:

I have 4 blast master marines and 14 plague marines who I am determined to use. That aside the list is flexible.

What would you suggest in the event that i depimp the lord and lose mutation from the champions?

I put the sonic blasters in the assault squad because of the volume of attacks they get prior to hitting the enemy lines. I have a habit of missing with meltas, and it's the same cost. None the less, overall, I think another melta makes them tactically more flexible.

Also.. in the light of that.. how would you suggest that I utilise those blast masters then, if you don't approve of the elite havocs situation?
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

OK.. Rabbit... my bottom lip is quivering.. but i'm still just about ok..
    Hmm...my work's not done yet. You're a hard nut to crack.

What would you suggest in the event that i depimp the lord and lose mutation from the champions?
    Lord: I was mainly thinking infiltrate. While I not a big fan of furious charge, I've gained more respect for it over the last few months.

If you dropped mutation from all of your squads, you would almost have enough to add another blastmaster to your elite Slaaneshi havocs and also add one more red shirt.

I put the sonic blasters in the assault squad because of the volume of attacks they get prior to hitting the enemy lines. I have a habit of missing with meltas, and it's the same cost. None the less, overall, I think another melta makes them tactically more flexible.
    Understood. I have the same bad luck with lascannons. I might as well have a BS2.

Also.. in the light of that.. how would you suggest that I utilise those blast masters then, if you don't approve of the elite havocs situation?
    For troops, I still really like the autcannon tank hunter option. It's just so many more shots against vehicles, and it can pretty much perform as well against troops (not quite as well, but close enough for me).
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Thanks again Rabbit..

I shall mull over your wise words.. and probably make a few minor chops and changes i think.

I've realised an annoying fact which is of course... I forgot to put in my vehicles which I don't use on my Alpha Legion adventures of epicuean delights.

.. hmmm....
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Strong list.. I like it.

I do see my old nemesis, the sonic blaster though.. and I agree with rabbit in that a second meltagun (or indeed, no special weapons, just cheapish hacky goodness.. you can have other units to deal with tanks) would be better.

I'm not sure the heavy bolter marine squad needs quite such a beefy champion either.. You could afford to drop his mutation as it seems you won't want to be moving him around too much.. The fist could be a nasty surprise for anyone trying to charge them, but normally, I don't think it will see enough use to warrant paying so much for an extra attack.

In fact, that squad could probably get by without a champion at all.. Their mark of chaos undivided will keep them in the fight, and you probably won't want to be getting them into close combat if you can help it. So why invest points in a scenario you'll be trying to avoid.. (famous last words, but...)

With the points you'd save.. I'd really suggest maxing out the blastmasters in the slannesh havoc unit.. They really do get better the more blasts you can drop a turn, due to the multiplication effect of multiple blast templates.

I think your lords a little overtooled, but that's preference.. Where does he fit in the gameplan, and what are his targets?

But otherwise, すごい楽しいジャイアントロボットスタイルスーパーカオスパワー!

Right.. my brain is melted. I'm going to bed.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; January 7th, 2007 at 06:36.

+ Reply to Thread