Chaos Army List Designer MK - II - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Chaos Army List Designer MK - II

All,

Some of you may remember Zartas's army list designer thread found here:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...light=designer (Chaos Army List Designer)

My aim is to continue his good work and help Chaos players of all levels.

So, I'd like to help any one design an army list on request.

I'd be grateful if you could provide the following guidelines to me:

1. Point level (because I need an objective)
    2. Legion
    3. Army compositional desires (e.g. no tanks, must have terminators etc etc)
    4. Any other requests

++ EDIT ++

Just a couple more points:
    1. If you've already asked for a list, please feel free to ask for one again in the future too. There's no 'one list per person' type rule or anything - so please don't be shy. I'm don't bite... well sometimes I bite Lord Link when he pokes me with rusty nails.
    The only thing I would ask is that you ask for one list at a time, just to maintain my current level of insanity.

2. For the foreseeable future, I shall be referring to 'daemonic visage' as 'scary face'.

++ ++ ++

Once complete I shall post the list as standard, but if you want it privately, then I shall PM it to you.

P.S. If anyone has any issues with me doing this, I strongly urge you to read the original thread where ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar and The Yak talked it out for a bit.

This is a thread for helping people, so if you have a problem please PM me rather than post.

Please do not be shy to ask for a list. There are no beginner questions, there are no silly requests.

Karmoon

Last edited by Karmoon; February 15th, 2007 at 09:59. Reason: few more pointers.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

All right, so I'm lazy. I have a game tomorrow (I hope?), and don't feel like fielding my normal list. While I *could* build it myself, I think it'd be fun to try playing a list created by someone else and adapt to their proposed tactics, rather than stick to my tried and true tactics.

Call it an experiment with expanding my experiences to new horizons. Thinking from another man's point of view for a change.

So for your first task, build me an army of 1500 points. Anything really goes. The main opponent will be Eldar, but I don't know the style, so let's not meta-game against him too much.

Legion is anything but Alpha Legion. Like I said, trying to do something different here.

Composition is anything, but I do prefer line troops over tanks.

So have at it. It's a fun game, so no worries about making it uber-competitive. (If ever you've wanted me to try a wacky unit composition that I've refused to do so before, now's probably a good time to get me to attempt it...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Cal's 1500 list.

Ok Uncle Hydra,

this list is totally off the wall.
    The theme is to take the fight to the enemy. Eldar armies are insanely mobile, so the thought is to give you options against that or a Tau force.

The list will demand a great amount of skill to play as mistakes will cost you dearly. But it should be suitable devastating if used properly. I figured if someone had the skill to pull it off, it would be you:

HQ
    Lord
    Kaigun, D. Aura, D. flight
    MoCU, infiltrate
    140 points

Harassment unit.

ELITES:
    Obliterators x 2
    140 points

Ideally to be deep struck

Troops:
    CSM x 8

H. bolter, plasma
    MoCU, infiltrate
    - Asp champ upgrade - power fist
    187 points

I know you don't squads with mixed weaponry, but these guys have to fill every potential role in the event of any unfortunate accidents.

CSM x 8 - As above
    187 points

FAST ATTACK:

Chaos bikes x 5
    Asp champ with power fist
    Melta x 2
    Teleport homer
    Skilled riders
    233 points

Fast and aggressive. The pain starts

Furies x 7
    105 points

No explanation necessary

Raptors x 7
    Asp champ - power weapon and d. strength
    melta gun x 2
    Teleport homer
    MoCU, Furious Charge
    284 points

Pretty much standard stuff really

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Autocannon 8

mocu tank hunters
    224 points

For reliability, useful against every army, and of course, familiarity.

So as you can see.. this list is a bit wacko, I’d be much obliged to see how this works out for you.

Regards

Karmoon
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay Karmoon, I have a puzzle for ya. I love the Emporers Children, and teh Legion of the Damned, and was wondering if you could combine the two. I would really like to make the list an all traitor (not enough models for mutants) and give everyone that can infiltrating. Perhaps a unit of favored marines or choosen with the sonic weapons, using a slaanesh lord for one HQ, and just some Aspiring Champions in the squads to count for the maditory LatD HQ choice.

The commander has a quirk, I have a model made that has a Needle of Desire arm a friend of mine sculpted and forged for me, so I would really like to work the lord around that.

I am wanting to stay at 1000 pts for now until funds become more readially avaliable. I currently have 8 marine models, and 30 traitor guard at my disposal until after rent, then ill be free to buy stuff again.

Thanks, I hope i havent thrown you completely through a loop.
    Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Marious,

that's a lot of parameters, but i'll get something to you
    I like a challenge. I like sinking my teeth into it like a juicy steak or a girl's *mod slap*... er.. i'll get something to you.
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

karmoon

Hi Karmoon, I've always wanted to try out an alpha legion list and instead of making one myself I figured I could have the master make one for me. I play at the 1550 level and my main opponent is Tyranid MC list with 5 fexes, Hive Tyrant, and Psychic Choir.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Heya buddy, I'll support your thread!

So, my request for you is: using the special characters allowed in any chaos army, make me a list that maxes out on the SCs(any/ all, as many of them if you can, your pick) and produce a list at 2000 pts. Go for balance.

I have an idea in mind, I'm curious to see what you come up with.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Marious 1000 Slaaneshi LaTD

MArious, here is your list,

this was a tricky one. Please let me know when you can push up the point level, because there's lots of potential:

HQ:

Heretic
    MoS, Needle of desire, bolt pistol, spikey bitz, D. Aura, D. Resilience, infiltrate, frags, ,
    132 points.

By far the weakest part of the list. Point constrictions meant that he had to be forced into botht the Chaos Lord and LaTD HQ choice. The reason for no aspiring champions will come later.

ELITES:

Emperor's children Chosen marines x 6
    Sonic blaster x 2, Asp champ with p.weapon and daemonic strength x 2,(one has daemonic visage)
    MoS, infiltrate
    212 points

Requested retinue for said HQ. CC wise, they pretty scary. Two aspiring champions who are throwing around a healthy amount of high S power weapon attacks between them. Should make up for any needle shortcomings.

TROOPS:

Traitors x 10
    Sniper rifle, Lascannon team, Agitator
    115 points

Unfortunately you're limited to traitors who have pitiful leadership and abilities and are expensive for what you get. Non the less, they should be able to provide some kind of fire power. The agitator is there purely for higher leadership.
    Please note, these guys have infiltrate naturally, which is taken away with the presence of an aspiring champion (regardless of whether he has infiltrate or not). Aspiring champs are held back by traitors anyway. They really shine with their friends the mutants.

Traitors x 10
    Sniper rigle, Autocannon team, Agitator
    110 points

Traitors x 10
    Sniper rifle, Missile launcher team, Agitator
    110 points

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Leman Russ
    Heavy Bolters all around, Extra armou
    160 points

Reliable quality. Very much the predator of the LaTD list. This is the one major benefit of taking traitors.

Leman Russ
    Heavy Bolters all around, Extra armou
    160 points

999 points.
    39 models total. 2 of which are vehicles.

All in all, I'm not sure about this list. You have a tremendous amount of firepower, but your traitors can easily be brought to run. So put them in cover and give them what for while your leman russes pound them with unholy fury.

Let me know when you get more funds. I strongly recommend Chaos hounds, Furies, and of course mutants.. lots of mutants. Additionally, you'll need at least 3 aspirin champion models with powerfists and mutation.

Goood luck.
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

EcchuBlessu's 1550 Alpha Legion

Quote Originally Posted by EcchuBlessu View Post
    Hi Karmoon, I've always wanted to try out an alpha legion list and instead of making one myself I figured I could have the master make one for me. I play at the 1550 level and my main opponent is Tyranid MC list with 5 fexes, Hive Tyrant, and Psychic Choir.
    Ecchu, by calling me master you insult two gentlemen on this thread - The Yak and Caluin.

None the less I have experience taking on Godzilla lists and playing them as a Nids player:

1550 Alpha Legion

HQ:

Chaos Lord
    Dark Blade, D. Speed, D. Aura, D. Strength, Mutation, MoCU, Infiltrate, Frags and Bolt pistol, Spikey bitz, Furious Charge
    177 points

No need to waste points on resilience. Everything will be killing you on 2+.
    This guy is fast enough and dangerous enough to finish pretty much any TMC on his own provided they've only got 2-3 wounds left.
    Gun based carnifexes should be prioritised as they're expensive and can cause a lot of damage.
    Use this guy in cloak in dagger fashion. Get in there, get the job done, then pull him back until he has his next target in sight. He should at least make his points back

ELITES:

Obliterators x 2

TROOPS:

CSM x 8 - bolters
    Aspiring champion - power fist and mutation
    Heavy Bolter, Plasma gun
    MoCU, Infiltrate
    181 points

The troop choice of a zilla list will either be 'stealers or rippers. With heavy bolters you're killing stealers by the bucket, with plasma guns, you're instakilling rippers.
    With the mutationed powerfist champion, your squad should be able to shut a TMC up without too much problems.

CSM x 8 - bolters
    Heavy Bolter, Plasma gun
    MoCU, Infiltrate
    181 points

CSM x 8 - CCweapon and b.pistol
    Melta gun x 2
    MoCU, Infiltrate
    181 points

Ok, very much meant to take the fight to the enemy. Aggressively purge any zoanthrope threats then these boys, as above should be able to go TMC hunting. They put out a lot of attacks in CC, don't worry about assaulting a fex. I've finished several fexes of with normal attacks before. Weight of numbers and all that. Try to let these guys avoid stealers though. While they should still crush small broods, a brood of 8 or more will kill them.

CSM x 8 - CCweapon and b.pistol
    Melta gun x 2
    MoCU, Infiltrate
    181 points

Cultists x 10
    champ
    65 points

This is a meat shield. The champ is purely for leadership. If a devil fex (2xTL Devourer - 8 S6 shots with re-roll to hit AND wound) is in your face, assault it with these guys. The D. fex can only kill 2 a turn, so you can hold it or anything else up until you're in a better state to deal with it.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Havocs x 8
    Autocannon/Missile Launcher x 4
    MoCU, Infiltrate
    208 points

Does he take an upgrade called extended carapace? This gives his TMC a 2+ save. If he does then simply take autocannons and do what they do best. If he doesn't take Extended carapace, then take Missile launchers, and watch his carnifexes melt under krack missiles.
    We can save a lot of points without Tank hunters.

That said, i'd still be partial to autocannons which will be good at hunting and stealers/rippers so your squads can go after the real meat.

Plasma Havocs
    Plasma gun x 4
    Aspirinc champion - powerfist, mutation
    226 points

Extended carapace or not, watch any TMC melt with these guys. Very good against nids who only have a 6+ invulnerable save maximum.
    If you're feeling really hardcore feel free to exchange the plasmas with melta guns. Feel free to assault afterwards and watch that aspiring champion break some hive tyrant knees.

You have nothing to fear from a TMC list. Not with Alpha Legion.
    The Zilla list is a bit of a gimmick, but you only have to watch out for a few things really - genestealers and exposed CSMs to warp blast. Remember, you are save from any range attacks in CC.

I've taken out several TMC armies with the list above (or a near variant). In reality, you should be able to do it without the cultists or the obliterators, but you have them to aid you.

Good luck Ecchu.

FOR THE EMPEROR!
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Thanks for the list, Karmoon. I gave it a run yesterday as promised. Find it here (1500 Chaos versus Eldar).

Over all, I think the list did remarkably well. A few places for improvement would be in order. For instance, the Teleport Homers would be better off on the CSM squads, since they'll really only be useful in Gamma level missions. In Omega, since they all start in Reserves, you run the risk of the Oblits sharing up before the Homers, and Alpha has no DSing anyways.

I also didn't care much for the mixed CSM squads. The Heavy Bolters did extremely well, but I felt that the Plasmas and Powerfists could've been better spent elsewhere. I might try them again sometime and see if I have better luck.

The Furies were freaking amazing, though. The remaining Fury at the end of the game was dubbed - "Super Fury" for not only surviving, but single handedly eating the Farseer and her two Warlocks.

Anyways, thanks for the list Karmoon. Was a good one, and definetly achieved what I had asked for.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast