1250pt World Eaters Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

1250pt World Eaters Competitive

So as in the other thread, tomorrow I'm going up against a Tau player. It's the first time I've played Tau so I don't know what to expect. So here's a list. First I will post a general unit list of EVERY unit I have available so that you can see what I had/don't have, and then I will post the actual 1250pt list (or, rather, it's first iteration).

So here's what units I DO have:

Lord - Un-Statured, with a big bad sword that could be a Dark Blade, Berserker Glaive, etc.

Bloodthirster

Lieutenent - Armed with a big choppa-lookin blade that could be an Axe of Khorne, Power Weapon, etc

4 x Berserker Squads - All 8-man, with power-fisted Champion.

10 x Bloodletters - I like to run these in two packs of 5 each as that's usually more than enough to kill anything that isn't swarm.

5 x Bikers - Including a Champion with a power fist or lightning claw.

2 x Dreadnoughts - Both with twin-linked autocannons though they could easily pass for Lascannons

That's it!

Here's my first pre-liminary list:

Lord - MoK, Dark Blade, BP, Strength, Resilience, Speed, Frags, Spiky Bits, Feel No Pain, Furious Charge (He's done well in the past. He's quite capable of obliterating an entire squad of shooty infantry like Tau or Guard in a single turn) - 162pts

Bloodthirster - 205pts

Berserker Squad - MoK, Chainaxes, Aspiring Champ w/ PFist, ToBB - 180

Berserker Squad - MoK, Chainaxes, Aspiring Champ w/ PFist, ToBB - 180

5 x Berserker Bikers - MoK, Chainaxes, Frags, Aspiring Champion w/ Lightning Claw & D. Chains - 253pts

Dreadnought - Autocannon, D. Possession - 133pts

Dreadnought - Autocannon, D. Possession - 133pts

TOTAL: 1246

Last edited by Misanthrope; January 28th, 2007 at 02:10.
    Takka n' Wakka's Dakka Attacka! 33W / 6L / 1D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Hmmm.... okay, that gives a better picture...

I'm assuming the Berzerkers have Frags as well? Seems you paid eight points for something, so I'm assuming those?

With your extra points, buy the Bikers the Skilled Riders Vet Skill. That leaves you four points... if you take the frag grenades off of the Berzerker squads, you have an even 20 points which can buy you Daemonic Chains for the Champion, giving you a much better chance at dropping that Bloodthirster exactly when and where you want it. (75% chance opposed to a 50%)

Lastly, I personally would drop the two Bloodletter squads and field Dreads. I feel the Dreads would be more useful than two packs of Letters, especially if the Tau player is Mech Tau. Arming them with a TLLC each will give you some measure of anti-tank, and gives you a chance at silencing that Railhead early on.

This would also give you the benefit of a mind trick, since he's probably expecting some Bloodletters and will be preparing for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

At first i was a little apprehensive about it, but then I realized that Dreadnoughts would probably be a better investment than Bloodletters -- it's not like 'letters would be able to catch up with a skimmer army.

Here's an updated list:

Lord
    MoK, Dark Blade, BP, Strength, Resilience, Speed, Spiky Bits, Feel No Pain, Furious Charge (He's done well in the past. He's quite capable of obliterating an entire squad of shooty infantry like Tau or Guard in a single turn) - 161pts

Bloodthirster
    205pts

8 x Berserker Squad
    MoK, Chainaxes, Aspiring Champ w/ PFist, ToBB - 180

8 x Berserker Squad
    MoK, Chainaxes, Aspiring Champ w/ PFist, ToBB - 180

5 x Berserker Bikers
    MoK, Chainaxes, Skilled Riders, Aspiring Champion w/ D. Chains - 233pts

Dreadnought
    Autocannon, D. Possession - 133pts

Dreadnought
    Autocannon, D. Possession - 133pts

TOTAL: 1235
    Last edited by Misanthrope; January 28th, 2007 at 05:07.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Not ultra keen on the Dreadnoughts, for the simple reason that Crisis Suits have Missile Pods, and Hammerheads have Railguns and Ion Cannons, both units fully capable of taking out two Dreadnoughts quite easily in a turn or two, max. Not sure what you could put in place instead, but the Dreads can't be expected to do a whole lot of damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Not ultra keen on the Dreadnoughts, for the simple reason that Crisis Suits have Missile Pods, and Hammerheads have Railguns and Ion Cannons, both units fully capable of taking out two Dreadnoughts quite easily in a turn or two, max. Not sure what you could put in place instead, but the Dreads can't be expected to do a whole lot of damage.
    My reasoning was that if he's shooting at the Dreads, then he's not shooting at the Bikers, which are far more important to live IMO. Getting that Bloodthirster out quickly will be the thing that kills the Tau the quickest. And if the Dreads happen to get a few shots off before going down, then that's great too.

I think the list looks pretty good, Misanthrope. Be sure to let us know how the fight went.

Though, might want to check the math on the Dreads. I count 130 points for 'em both. Unless you happened to have given them Smoke Launchers, too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

What ever you do, don't lose Speed on the Lord.

I tried to matches against Tau without mobile options, and I suffered in both. Tau jump packs will really hammer you. Speed on a Lord is your friend. You will cut bloody chunks into his army.

I must agree with LN about the dreads. I had a dread which plasma cannoned one thing and then spent the rest of the match immobilised shooting it's bolter spasmodically around.

As for specific help. You know that you have to decide on a champ for the possession of the blood thirster prior to start of the game don't you?

In which case, I'd really recommend getting chains for that champ.

How do you feel about defilers? Tau players don't like defilers. It Instakills battle suits, and drags them out of hiding.
    Plus, it gives Khorne tactics, which is just freaky! (I jest, i jest).
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

I was figuring maybe I'd use them "carefully". See, for some reason, I have really, really docile Dreadnoughts. Over my last 9 games I've only seen them Fire Frenzy/Blood Rage three times. I've had some success simply plopping them down behind a big piece of cover and having them peek out to get the perfect angle to take stuff out while using the cover to avoid most return fire. I figure I'll see what the Tau player has before I decide how to set them up, whether aggressively or passively.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

I must say, your list is going to make for a very fun battle. You've got so many high-priority targets. This should give your Tau friend a real headache.

You're a little weak on troops. You can drop your lord, along with the lightning claw on your biker, and then take another zerker unit. I can't see any reason why your list needs two h.q's anyways. You can always use more troops.

Against Tau, your bikes should do very well. Their 5T and higher init should really rip into those fragile firewarriors. Good synergistic mojo with the B.T.. Once he's summoned, the bikes can charge into another unit. Very nice indeed.

What's the reason for taking the chainaxes? Against Tau, it's wasted points.

Good call on dropping the bloodletters. Caluin is steering you right. They won't make their points back against Tau.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

I've dropped the Claws on the Biker Champ -- S8 ought to be enough until the BT arrives. That frees up 15 points. I don't want to get rid of the Lord -- I like how he's performed for me so far, and he's really speedy. If used right he can be a lot deadlier than a Berserker squad. Also I don't like the idea of taking out the Chainaxes -- I'm sure to go up against a lot of Crisis, Broadside and Stealth suits so knocking them all down to 4+ saves would be really helpful. However if I dropped 'em I'd have 31 points leftoever to spend...

I'll see what kind of army the opponent has. If he has lots of FW's and few suits I'll drop 'em. For now, I have to figure out what to do with the extra 15 points.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Good point about the chainaxes. It' probably best to leave them in, at least on one squad.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast