2000pt Death Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

2000pt Death Guard

Well I finally got around to actually put up my Death Guard list I have been thinking about for a bit. Either way here I go.

HQ-Lord-175-MoN, mutation, D armor, D aura, D strength, infiltration, and Manreaper
    HQ-Lt.-151-MoN, D speed, D strength, mutation, infiltration, Plague sword, and Bolt Pistol

Troop- 194-7-2-PG w/ Inf, free champ w/ PF and nurgles rot
    Troop- 194-7-2-MG w/ Inf, free champ w/ PF and nurgles rot

Heavy Support-Predator-165-TL LC, LC sponsoons, D possesion
    Heavy Support-Defilier-180-Mutated hull

Total=2000

So there it is though I still have a few questions. Should the Champions have instead of a PF a plague sword and D strength? Also should I change up the Predators or not as they are my main anti tank and then maybe add TL LC on the Defilier?

Either way any advice would be most appreciated.

Last edited by Lictor1989; January 28th, 2007 at 18:16.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Well, to start with, pretty sure your LT is illegal. He cant have more than 50 points worthof gifts (remember, that the Plague sword will count for this)

Id give the Defiler indirrect fire instead of M hull to snuff out the enemy behind cover. Plus, itll stay safer for 5 points less.

I know your troops are full, but maybe drop some squads to fit Plague bearers and nurglings. No doubt you've considersed these units, but they'll add a little depth to your list to deal with more things.

If you're gonna infiltrate your lord and LT, you might as well give spped to both, not just one. Then they can work together, and even if they are suicide units, they'll do plenty of damage. Id also suggest the Dark blade, strength, furious charge on the lord instead of manreaper, so he can snipe down enemy HQs on turn 1, or target expensive units no problem.

Also:

Troop- 194-7-2-MG/PG w/ Inf, free champ w/ PF and nurgles rot
    6 units of these with 3 PG and 3 MG units.
    Total-1164
    This is very unclear, and took my awhile to figure out (3 squads with 2x melta gun each, 3 squads with 2x plasma gun each, right?? I think...) If you want more replies to your thread, Id take the extra 2 minutes typing things out. Not being harsh, just try to make it nice and easy for those of us that re trying to help.

Regards, Tim
    Last edited by timk1111; January 28th, 2007 at 11:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

HQ-Lord-175-MoN, mutation, D armor, D aura, D strength, infiltration, and Manreaper
    Mutation is a little over the top. Replace with furious charge to get better strength and init on the charge (you will need it if you decide to charge some eldar). Frags also needed.

HQ-Lt.-151-MoN, D speed, D strength, mutation, infiltration, Plague sword, and Bolt Pistol
    The daemonic gift quota on this chap has been maxed out. I'd recommend spikey bits for mutation. Also, furious charge and frags. He should be a good IC killer.

Troop- 194-7-2-MG/PG w/ Inf, free champ w/ PF and nurgles rot
    6 units of these with 3 PG and 3 MG units.
    Total-1164
    All good. Feel free to add mutation to the champs if you get the points free.
    You could put some champs with plague sword and d. strength certainly. But powerfists should be prioritised.

Pretty good. Solid build. I wonder how well autocannons would do on this list intead of the TL. Las cannon...

Heavy Support-Defilier-180-Mutated hull
    I'm more of a indirect fire fan myself. One thing though, I would personally never consider TL. Lascannon for a defiler. Why?
    Because you're paying for a battle cannon on legs. Any turn you don't shoot that battle cannon is wasting your points.
    What happens if the battle cannon becomes destroyed? Not a problem, he has a TL autocannon naturally, which isn't too shabby at all.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Alright I changed a few things this time around though probally not the last who knows... Either way here is the second one.

HQ-Lord-175-MoN, nurgles rot, D speed, D armor, D aura, D strength, infiltration, and Manreaper
    HQ-Lt.-136-MoN, nurgles rot, D speed, D strength, infiltration, Plague sword, spikey bits and Bolt Pistol

Troop- 204-7-2-PG w/ MoN, Inf, free champ w/ PF, nurgles rot, and mutation
    Troop- 204-7-2-MG w/ MoN, Inf, free champ w/ PF, nurgles rot, and mutation

Heavy Support-Predator-145-AC, LC sponsoons, D possesion
    Heavy Support-Predator-145-AC, LC sponsoons, D possesion
    Heavy Support-Defilier-175-Indirect fire

Total=2000

Well there it is it has a few changes in it though overall the same.
    Last edited by Lictor1989; January 29th, 2007 at 01:32.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Lictor,

my bad, apologies, you can't have two veteran skills and a Mark of Chaos.

I advised you to take f'charge without advising you to replace infiltration, and for this I apolomagise.

Only Alpha Legion can take a Mark of Chaos, infiltrate and another veteran skill.

So, it's your call, but i'd still take furious charge over infiltrate.

My reasoning is that with speed you're fast enough and can get to where you need to be anyway.
    If you're desperate for the first turn charge then by all means, speed and infiltrate is the way to go...
    But furious charge gives you a lot more options with who to eviscerate next.

Otherwise, it looks pretty tight to me mate.
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Ah crap that isn't too good then. Though I would rather have my entire army infiltrate instead of having two HQs in my deployment zone with the rest of my force forward. Oh boy now what to do though it does free up 30pts for me either way lol.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

most people will adivse you this way, and you're probably best of this way, but infiltrate is probably the best. Just be carefull to pick your combats carefully.
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lictor1989 View Post
    HQ-Lord-186-MoN, D speed, D armor, D aura, D strength, infiltration, furious charge, Frags and Manreaper
    Armour is unnecessary. You can avoid most firepower through IC status and Close Combat, and anything that's going to hurt you in Close Combat will ignore your armour save anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lictor1989 View Post
    HQ-Lt.-147-MoN, D speed, D strength, Furious charge, infiltration, Plague sword, Frags, spikey bits and Bolt Pistol
    Good, but I wonder if necessary in this list. A GUO might end up being more useful for just about the same price.

All of your troops look fine, and don't need to be changed.

Same goes for your Heavy Support options.

I have some suggestions, but please remember that these are only recommendations, and you're free to take or leave them as you see fit.

First thing, I would get Nurgle's Rot for both HQ choices and each Champion. It's a pittance compared to the amount of kills it can rack up.

The biggest issue I see is the lack of mobility. Heavy Support options need to be stationary to be of greatest effect, and the Plague Marines are foot sloggers. After deployment, you have a very slow paced army. This is pretty common amongst Infiltrating armies.

Unfortunately, in Death Guard, there's not much to be done about it. A few Rhinos could help, but then you run into the issue of 'Coffins on Wheels.' Hopefully the Predators would be able to keep the Rhinos safe, but that's not always a guarantee.

Another option is Deep Striking Terminators with RACs. That'd give you at least one hardy unit that can psuedo-move after deployment. The problem with this is (other than points) that you have a foot slogging unit stuck in your deployment zone in missions that disallow Deep Strike. However, most missions that disallow Deep Strike also disallow Infiltration, so you'll end up with a huge block of nigh-unkillable Marines.

I know I commented a lot, but in reality, you have a solid list that will perform well in most situations.

looking around the ship cuz those damn nurglings stole my bolter again
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list is solid, but IMO needs a couple changes. well Karmoon beat me to the defiler, but i think you should drop the lieut, that would give you enough points to put infiltrate on a couple of your PM units, allowing you to support your lord. Or you could keep the lieut, and drop the infiltrate on both your HQs and have your entire army advance together, this may not work in most situations, but theres not much that can stop a block of 40+ plague marines from getting to the opponents lines while being supported by a defiler and two preds.
    Last edited by Power Armored Zombie; January 29th, 2007 at 00:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Well Power Armored Zombie not sure if you saw it or not but all of my PM have infilitration :shifty: . So no need to worry about that. Also just edited it a bit since really they were only small changes such as Caluin adviced nurgles rot on everyone. Though I had to take the frags off my two ICs so they could get it which may or may not be a good idea.

Also Caluin the reason I have D armor on my lord is I'm going to use the Typhus model and since he basically looks like he is in Termie armor I thought I would give him the same save . Though I did think about the Nurgle terminators but my area just has too many PG so really I think they would just get eaten up before they could really do anything plus I could get two PM for just one nurgle terminator.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast