1750 Alpha Legion, Compatative - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Alpha Legion, Competative

Please provide comments on this 1750 Alpha Legion competative list. It's themed, to be an army of Cypher and the last of the Fallen Angels. Basically other then the Fallen marine unit, a dreadnaught and predator, the core of the army is filled with hired mercenaries, aka cultists. Because of this, the cultists are not tooled up with blinged out champion, and no demons in the army.

HQ: Chaos Lt. (Fallen Chaplain)
    plasma pistol, power weapon, furious charge, infiltrate, mutation, Aura, spiky bits, teleport homer, MoCu.

Elite:
    Cypher the Fallen Angel
    x7 terminators; x2 RAC, x2 LC, x1PF, x4 PW, x1 combi-melta, tank hunters, MoCu

Troops:
    x20 cultists, frags, meltabombs, infiltrate, furious charge, MoCu

Fallen Angels Marines
    x9 marines; x9 BP/CCW, furious charge, infiltrate, MoCu
    x1 AC, BP, PF, teleport homer, furious charge, infiltrate, MoCu

Heavy:
    dreadnaught; TLLC, DCCW, demonic possesion
    predator; turret=TLLC, sponces=lascannons, extra armor

Models=81
    HQ=1
    Elites=2
    Troops=4
    Heavy=2

Last edited by Gman; January 29th, 2007 at 16:16.
    Age is a state of mind, and since I have no mind, I don't age.
    Check out my painting blog at http://gmansminipainting.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey there Gman, looks interesting.

My suggestion is to give each of the cultists a champ(no, don't bling him out) but give him a power weapon at least, or even spikey bits.

I believe you are only allowed ONE "fallen angel" squad(I suspect that the second squads name have nothing to do with them being "cypher's fallen angels")
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey theyak. Can you get a power weapon for the 10 points wargear limit? What about fire support, I'm still wondering if I shouldn't go with the heavy bolters on the sponces to help with long range fire support.
    The unit marked as Fallen Angels is the single unit. Cypher is by himself. His rules just say you can take unit of FA, just use the entry for normal chaos marines. He may run with them though to keep him alive, depending on mission, deployment etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Hey theyak. Can you get a power weapon for the 10 points wargear limit? What about fire support, I'm still wondering if I shouldn't go with the heavy bolters on the sponces to help with long range fire support.
    The unit marked as Fallen Angels is the single unit. Cypher is by himself. His rules just say you can take unit of FA, just use the entry for normal chaos marines. He may run with them though to keep him alive, depending on mission, deployment etc.
    Yerp cultist champions are non ICs so they get the "cheaper" option for toys.

Well, as I understand it cypher's fallen angels are different from other CSM units in which they have "and they shall know no fear" which is why they were limited by my memory.

HBs would be nice, but you're really sorely lacking on anti tank here. Even with the meltabombs, its contingent on getting up in the tank's face which might be hard to do for some games.

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Be careful with Cultist champs. They may be able to get a PW but can they still afford a pistol?

I think a second powerfist in the terms. would be invaluable.

Finally, only two vehicles is easy for most armies to take easily. You might want to consider droping them for choas marines with heavy weapon that'll fill the same nitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by librisrouge View Post
    Be careful with Cultist champs. They may be able to get a PW but can they still afford a pistol?

I think a second powerfist in the terms. would be invaluable.

Finally, only two vehicles is easy for most armies to take easily. You might want to consider droping them for choas marines with heavy weapon that'll fill the same nitch.
    Cultist champs come automatically with a CC weapon and a las/autopistol.
    There's no need to purchase another pistol to gain the extra attack.
    Unless, of course, you are referring to a bolt pistol, in which case it is not possible to get a bolt pistol and power weapon on a cult champ.

Secondly, I must agree with the secondary power fist for the termies, I think that's a smashing idea.

Get it? Smashing.. power fist... hitting things..... smashing things.......

PLEASE DON'T BAN ME! AIIEEEE

@ G-man

I dunno... lists based around cultists are very fluffy, and you'll have a lot of fun.. but i'm really not sure how effective they are. I'm used to using cultists to complement my strong core of marines.. I'm not sure I would put much stock in a list based on cultists.

They're weak and die in droves and have very little offensive potential.

Just my two pence though. I hope you have fun whatever you do. As long as it's legal.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

The more i look at this list, the more i like it. I think its excelent. Good lord, backed by termis, I think the veichles you've chosen are great (Maybe a plasma cannon on the dread...dunno, this guy has so many uses..) nice big marine squad in there too.

I agree that the cultists ALWAYS need a champ with power weapon. Being mainly assault, they just need it. Love the melta bombs too. 'Dreadnaughts, here we come!'

Quoted by 'theyak'
    HBs would be nice, but you're really sorely lacking on anti tank here. Even with the meltabombs, its contingent on getting up in the tank's face which might be hard to do for some games.
    In this list, there are 4 lascannons, 2 tank hunting reaper auto cannons (deep striking, too), 1x combi melta and 60 melta bombs. Maybe he could chuck 2 x melta guns on the 10 man marine squad, but i feel the AT side of the army is pretty well covered (without any oblits anyway).

the only bad thing I can see, is due to the termis, the list is a tad small for 1750, i feel. Only 2 real marine squads, even with all those Cultists, will be despatched easily by some opponents, but you never know your luck i guess!

Great job, dude, and you have at least one fan!

Tim
    Last edited by timk1111; February 1st, 2007 at 11:03.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by timk1111 View Post
    The more i look at this list, the more i like it. I think its excelent. Good lord, backed by termis, I think the veichles you've chosen are great (Maybe a plasma cannon on the dread...dunno, this guy has so many uses..) nice big marine squad in there too.

I agree that the cultists ALWAYS need a champ with power weapon. Being mainly assault, they just need it. Love the melta bombs too. 'Dreadnaughts, here we come!'

Quoted by 'theyak'

In this list, there are 4 lascannons, 2 tank hunting reaper auto cannons (deep striking, too), 1x combi melta and 60 melta bombs. Maybe he could chuck 2 x melta guns on the 10 man marine squad, but i feel the AT side of the army is pretty well covered (without any oblits anyway).

the only bad thing I can see, is due to the termis, the list is a tad small for 1750, i feel. Only 2 real marine squads, even with all those Cultists, will be despatched easily by some opponents, but you never know your luck i guess!

Great job, dude, and you have at least one fan!

Tim
    you know, what? 4 lascannons from 2 sources. reduced to 2 shots when one of them moves(and it WILL move)

2 shots from each reaper autocannon 4 shots....Tank hunting autocannons shine when there are massed shots, I don't care if they are "more accurate" at best youre hitting 4 times, and against anything thats AV13 or above, you don't have odds of glancing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments guys. Do you really think there is enough AT in there, I should use the heavy bolter sponces? It would give me some good cover fire for my horde of assaulting infantry.

Also, after a couple of 1500 pt games this weekend, I found the Fallen squad of marines a bit small and lacking. I made the following changes, please let me know if you think it's wise.

Terminators: Now x6 models. Just took out a basic combibolter/powerweapon guy. Stilll have x2 LC, x1 PF, x2 RAC, x1 combimelta.

I was able to add two more marines to the Fallen squad, one with meltagun, and one with plasma pistol.

Fallen Angels: x11 marines, x9 BP/CCW, x1 Meltagun, x1 Plasmapistol.
    The AC and everything for this unit are the same.

Is that worth it, to get the extra 2 marines, with 2 specials for punch before I assault. And if I do that, that's one more melta for AT, should I then do HB on the Pred?

+ Reply to Thread