thousand sons...SURPRISE, comments please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thousand sons...SURPRISE, comments please

okay, this 2000 list (I seem to be forever making 2000 point lists) is, as the title states, meant to have some surprises in store for my opponent (for 1ksons anyway). all advice is welcome. I will explain as the list goes on. as always, a pure 1ksons list. and every AC has a basic summoning icon

LoC-wind of chaos
    obviously has the element of surprise as my opponent doesn't know where he's coming from, and if summoned on turn 2, definately a surprise.

LT. dark blade, BP, BoC, familiar, GoC, 4X thralls
    no real surprises here, he is sloggin' it with the non rhino squad of rubrics. when the birdie pops out, he acts as a powerful AC

8 rubrics, rhino w/ xtra armor, and smoke
    AC, pfist, mutation, BoC, familiar, GoC, 1X thrall

8 rubrics, rhino w/ xtra armor, and smoke
    AC, pfist, mutation, BoC, familiar, GoC, 1X thrall
    no surprises at all with these guys, unless I should go for wind instead of gift, then use the drive by winding? opinions plz!

8 rubrics
    AC, pfist, demonvessel, doombolt
    out pops a demon chicken SURPRISE. I know, why the fist when at S6? because he's modeled that way, and it's not much more points for the fist over pweapon, and now he's at S10, just for that pesky wraithlord, or rival DP.

9 flamers
    surprise self explanitory, walking(gliding) heavy bolters out of nowhere...SURPRISE

5 rubric termies
    AC, chainfist, keeps pweapon, BoC, GoC, familiar
    two wound termies galore out of nowhere...SURPRISE

Predetor, 1 autocannon, 2 lascannons, demon possession
    just for the ranged anti-tank umph that always comes in handy

let me know what you think, if it has potential, or not, and what, if any changes I should make. and please comment about wind vs gift on specific models

Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Looks like a really solid list. Be sure to let us know how it goes. I like your Champions, they are rather beefy.:yes: Does that usually work well?

BTW - Make sure you don't isolate your LoC in a combat alone unless you know you can force them to fall back. Too many enemy attacks, and bad things can happen.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the compliment on the list, but on the rhino AC's, would you use GoC, or WoC Double shot.

and I know about the LoC, he's more of an assassin (as far as greater demons go anyway), but can still be used to great effect against low Ld armies. (I like using him against eldar aspect warriors, especially howling banshees)
    Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Well, I commonly fight Tau, Orks, and Grey Knights - In nearly every single case I use Wind of Chaos - unless there is a Warboss or Grand Master nearby. I don't roll well for Gift, so I prefer Wind - I usually get more casualties and it can really take down the effectiveness of a squad, especially if said squad is a squad of terminators.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

+ Reply to Thread