Stealth Adept Focused Night Lord army (1500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Stealth Adept Focused Night Lord army (1500)

This is more of an idea that has been turning over and over in my head than an army I actually plan on taking anywhere but I'd still like some input on it if possible.

With the free night vison and the relatively cheap stealth adept skill, I'd been thinking that a Night Lord list would make an ideal CSM shooting list.

The list is based on the standard rules for composition at a store I frequent which rewards lots of troop choices, at least one of every type of army slot and HQs kept under 51 points of upgrades.

This isn't too exciting of a list as 80% of the units will try to hug cover, sit still and shoot while the rest of the models are there to inflict countercharges on anyone trying to winkle out the stealthed fireteams.

On the chance that this army would have to take an objective they'd be in trouble but the possessed would walk up along with the two Lieutenants and hope for a good scatter with the Furies.

The list would also be in trouble on any board lasking significant cover in the deployment zone and with too much cover in the center of the board.

Feel free to tell me that the list isn't a proper Night Lord list as there aren't any raptors or bikes.

HQ

1 Lieutenant, Kai Gun, power weapon, night vision-85 points.

1 Lieutenant, Sorceror, Doom Bolt, power weapon, bolt pistol, night vision-86 points.

Elite

10 Possessed CSM. MoCU, AC, PF, Icon, night vision-262 points.

Troops

5 CSM, Stealth Adept Skill, Lascannon, night vision-90 points.

Fast Attack

10 Furies-150 points.

Heavy Support

8 CSM Havoks, Stealth Adept Skill, MoCU, icon, 4 Heavy Bolters, night vision-188 points.

8 CSM Havoks, Stealth Adept Skill, MoCU, icon, 4 Heavy Bolters, night vision-188 points.

Here's the 2nd version of the list.

HQ

1 Lieutenant, Terminator armour,Kai Gun, Power Weapon, Daemonic strength, night vision-120 points.

Elite

5 Chosen Terminators, night vision, 2 reaper autocannons, tank hunter skill, 1 power fist, 4 power weapons, MoCU, icon, night vision-245 points.

5 Chosen Terminators, night vision, 2 reaper autocannons, tank hunter skill, 1 power fist, 4 power weapons, MoCU, icon, night vision-245 points.

Troops

Fast Attack

10 Furies-150 points.

Heavy Support

Last edited by Grey; February 12th, 2007 at 16:46. Reason: Spelling. Add on of change in list.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

You do realize that if anything gets to your lines your whole army just falls apart? 6 lascannons and 8 heavybolters wont stop for instance a bloodthirster or khorn statured lord and after that its butchery time...

I have seen several really really really REALLY bad comp lists like this one but they all include a terminator hq with tankhunters and 2 autocannons so basically you would have one of those lists if you drop, say 3 of the lascannon squads and buy 6 terminators all with powerfists and 2 with ACs drop both hqs and replace them with a terminator lord with lightning claws+ attacks +spiky bits... the works. and tankhunters. also i do remember that they had champs in the lascannon squads with powerswords and +strength. :yes:

8 heavy bolters?! nid pest control incorporated or do you just have a grudge vs tau?
    its not so hard to dodge havocs with good placement and you will be ending up placing them first so unless your playing without terrein I'd say these guys will simple end up getting all killed with at the very most 1-2 round of bad shooting. maybe just go for one havoc squad and get maybe raptors instead of the other?
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Well I see what you're saying about the army having no flexibility I don't agree at all with your assessment of heavy bolters.

I find that a HB Havok squad is always welcome no matter what opponent your facing. Sure they kill hordes, but they also do a fine job against light vehicles, bikes, and even against MEQ lists as they dish out so many wounds. Sure they're no plasma cannons against marines, but then again they don't cost as much either.

As for putting tooled up ACs in the small squads, that seems like a waste of points to me as they will most likely get broken by incoming fire and in any case are too small to be lasting for any length of time in hth combat.

However, dropping a couple of the squads and tooling/bulking up a few more for hth does seem reasonable.

As for terminators, I regularly use them but find that a single squad tends to attract so much fire that they don't net their points back. Now two squads on the other hand...

Hmm.

As for raptors...

By themselves(Ie: without any other units advancing) they tend to die horribly. If I was going for an advancing list with other units to support the raptors, by all means I would take them.

I'll try a rewrite of the list though to give it some more flexibility.
    Last edited by Grey; February 12th, 2007 at 16:17.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

Its damnably hard to wipe out even a 7 man squad of nightlords with 3+/4+ cover saves and powerarmor to boot. the only way to get them out of whatever building/bunker/heavy woods they are sitting in before turn 6 is to charge them and thats when the ac becomes handy. The termies should deepstrike and 7 guys with 2+ saves will be targeted for sure but the enemy will waste an entire round of shooting to kill them all. with a good deepstrike they will be unable to kill enoug of them before you either charge something or blast everything.

Raptors is a good complement just 5 of them. Hide them out of sight until you can get a charge or pop a landraider or something. if nothing else they can support the termies. Im used to seeing this army in 1750pts I suppose it will be quite different in 1500.

If you want a sit and shoot army you will however need something nasty as hell prepared to countercharge. A termie squad wont be getting anywhere soon but a statured lord with wings will or a biker hq. Instead of the 2 current hqs and 2 of the lascannon squads you could get 5 bikes and a statured lord or a biker hq and a raptorsquad to handle cc that makes it through the lines.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

+ Reply to Thread