1500 pts Chaos Undivided Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

1500 pts Chaos Undivided Friendly

HQ:
    Deamon prince: Mark of chaos undivided, D. Essence, D. Mutation, D. Stature, Dark Blade&CCW, Sorceror, Warp Focus, Doombolt

Chaos Lieutenant: Plasma pistol&powerfist
    Chosen retinue: 2 x CSM w/ Bolt pistol&CCW, 1 x CSM w/ Flamer, 1 x Asp. Champion w/ PF & Plasma pistol
    Transport: Rhino

Troop:

8 x CSM: Mark of Chaos Undivided, 7 x Bolter, 1 x Missile launcher

Fast attack:
    5 x CSM bike: Mark of Chaos Undivided, 3 x TL-bolter, 2 x Plasma gun

Elite
    2 x Obliterator

Heavy Support
    8 x Havoc: Mark of Chaos Undivided, 3 x Meltagun, 5 x Bolt pistol&CCW
    Transport: Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher

Dreadnaught: TL-Bolter&Missile launcher

Dreadnaught: TL-Lascannon&Missile launcher

Total

Anything I could modify here? I don't have that much spare models besides this. Perhaps I should drop something? Or shrink a squad and put some other stuff with another squad.

I don't even know what army I'll be facing, but my guess is, it'll be somekind of MEQ army.

My idea is to get the Lieutenant with his ret. close with the Rhino. 2 PF's in the squad and a flamer when I am in range to thin out some more "important" squad.
    The bikers could take a flank and the dreads&oblits. go through center. The havocs should aim for any heavy support the opponent brings. After that I could use my melta's to take out other troops. As for the D. prince, hopefully get close somewhere, and if not, at least shoot something w/ doombolt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey there CC, here are my thoughts and reccomendations on your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    HQ:
    Deamon prince: Mark of chaos undivided, D. Essence, D. Mutation, D. Stature, Dark Blade&CCW, Sorceror, Warp Focus, Doombolt
    Hmm, he's a really big and pricy dude. Guaranteed fire magnet. I think you'd be best putting all of the extra stuff on the lieutenant. like Sorceror(and affiliated stuff)
    Take the mutation as well, its good but what happens if he dies turn 2 from concentrated fire? I like to see these sort of guys really cheap and expendable.

Chaos Lieutenant: Plasma pistol&powerfist
    Y.U.C.K.. yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck. Powerfist on a chaos HQ YUCK.
    In order for him to use the powerfist, he needs to be in base to base contact with the oponent. When he is in base to base contact, your oponent will concentrate all attacks on him and kill him before you ever get to swing with them. You are then wasting his High initiative, number of attacks and WS. Put a power weapon and daemonic strength on him.
    If you want, put furious charge on him and the chosen too so they strike before the enemy.

Chosen retinue: 2 x CSM w/ Bolt pistol&CCW, 1 x CSM w/ Flamer, 1 x Asp. Champion w/ PF & Plasma pistol
    Transport: Rhino
    Not bad, 6 man squad, eh? I'd try to go with 7 or 8 since they are an assaulter squad, but this is fine, I like that you only have one aspiring champ, good kitout. If you MUST have 2 powerfists in the squad to make up for the lieutenant, this is whwere you drop the points, the PF is cheaper AND its "hidden"

Troop:

I realize this is a friendly list, but 8-man squads are really best for assaulter or dedicated fire squads with lots of toys. You're hiding 1 missile launcher each. I'd swap them out for meltaguns or even plasmas instead. At LEAST get an AC in there with a powerfist in each squad so that when they are assaulted, they can fight back with a good bite back.

Fast attack:
    5 x CSM bike: Mark of Chaos Undivided, 3 x TL-bolter, 2 x Plasma gun
    Nice. I like that they are not a minimum squad. good.

Elite
    2 x Obliterator
    YES! no complaints here.

Heavy Support
    8 x Havoc: Mark of Chaos Undivided, 3 x Meltagun, 5 x Bolt pistol&CCW
    Transport: Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher
    mmMmmm. the mobile havocs. Not bad, not bad. I hate the havoc launcher though, I've used it a number of times and all I see is a big waste of points. The Rhino goes from being a cheap vehicle to an easy target for a good number of points.

Dreadnaught: TL-Bolter&Missile launcher

Dreadnaught: TL-Lascannon&Missile launcher
    Not bad, Good and cheap, just how I like to see them, though I think I would have kept the CCW to support those sitting ducks of troops up above.

Total

Anything I could modify here? I don't have that much spare models besides this. Perhaps I should drop something? Or shrink a squad and put some other stuff with another squad.

I don't even know what army I'll be facing, but my guess is, it'll be somekind of MEQ army.
    eh, its a friendly list, so it doesn't matter that much, does it? The suggestions I've made cater towards a "all comers" list.

My idea is to get the Lieutenant with his ret. close with the Rhino. 2 PF's in the squad and a flamer when I am in range to thin out some more "important" squad.
    See my comments above why I hate Lts with a powerfist.

The bikers could take a flank and the dreads&oblits. go through center. The havocs should aim for any heavy support the opponent brings. After that I could use my melta's to take out other troops. As for the D. prince, hopefully get close somewhere, and if not, at least shoot something w/ doombolt.
    Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Lord: He doesn't need the Darkblade with stature. Go for D strength and 2xCCW. Also ditch the doombolt and warp focus as he is only BS3. Wind of chaos could work as you don't have to roll to hit but I would drop the psi powers. D Speed works well and frag grenades are certainly worth it. D Aura or resilliance works better than essence. Keep him below 150 points if you can.

Lt: Give this guy the darkblade. THEYAY is dead right about I5 characters using power fists.
    His retinue wastes points. The asp champion makes them all Ld10 anyway and as you are only taking 1 AC then there is no need for the unit to be chosen. Make them a normal CSM squad and join the unit with the Lt. Use the points saved for a meltagun just in case. Rhino needs extra armour and smoke.

Troops:
    Not bad. If you are stand & shoot squads you can drop a marine or two and add a plasma gun to each unit.

Fast:
    I prefer meltaguns on bikes. When plasma gets hot it takes out a very expensive model. You can also use them for tank hunting.

Oblits:
    Fantastic.

Havocs:
    3 meltas tend to be overkill on tanks so you could drop the unit to a troops choice with 2 meltas and save 20 points. 4 Plasma on the other hand can shred a terminator squad in one go. :w00t: Drop the Rhino's havoc launcher for extra armour and smoke.

Dread #1
    Give this guy the havoc launcher. Do you really like heavy bolters? whadabout a plasma cannon. This would fire frenzy with 8 blast markers!!!

Dread #2
    All chaos dreads should keep the CCW in my view. If you roll a 1 at the begining of the turn they can charge the nearest enemy whether you want them to or not. Keeping the CCW is good insurance. TL-LC and ML dreads are usually used for anti tank firepower but if you roll fire frenzy you can find yourself shooting some nurglings because they are closer. If you want a more reliable anti tank firepower unit get a predator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    Lord: He doesn't need the Darkblade with stature. Go for D strength and 2xCCW. Also ditch the doombolt and warp focus as he is only BS3. Wind of chaos could work as you don't have to roll to hit but I would drop the psi powers. D Speed works well and frag grenades are certainly worth it. D Aura or resilliance works better than essence. Keep him below 150 points if you can.
    I agree that I think you should drop the psychic powers and dæmonic essence.. extra wounds can be pretty overrated, and with resilience you take wounds less often for fewer points so the 3 wounds can last you longer than 4 with lower toughness, especially if oyu find the points to give him dæmonic aura. Essence can be useful when you're playing larger games, I guess, but at this scale I rarely find it useful.

As for the psychic powers, you're paying way too much for a mogile heavy bolter that may or may not work. In general I think psychic powers are kind of bad unless you're playing Tzeentch, but that's just my opinion. As a CC Prince I just don't think they do enough for you, you should ideally be in CC or moving towards CC. Also, you get less out of dæmonic speed if you plan on shooting, although that's minor.

On the other hand, I disagree in that I think the dark blade is pretty sweet, especially if you get dæmonic strength. S8 without furious charge can be pretty fantastic I find.

Lt: Give this guy the darkblade. THEYAY is dead right about I5 characters using power fists.
    His retinue wastes points. The asp champion makes them all Ld10 anyway and as you are only taking 1 AC then there is no need for the unit to be chosen. Make them a normal CSM squad and join the unit with the Lt. Use the points saved for a meltagun just in case. Rhino needs extra armour and smoke.
    Yeah, drop the power fist. Sorry having an HQ strike at Initiative 1 is pretty annoying.

I'm pretty ambivalent on the chosen AC issue. Mad Cat's points seem to make sense though, you already get Ld 10 from the Lietenant, and you don't really take advantage of the rest of their chosen-ness, so it seems like a better idea to just have him join a regular CSM squad.

I feel like extra armour on a rhino is just a waste of 5 points. You have a very minor chance to get one extra round of shooting, and that shooting is with a twin-linked bolter. I think the reason smoke is a great idea for rhinos is that they will rarely want to shoot, so you can use it whenever you want. preserving an extra round of shooting with a TL bolter is just not worth it in my opinion, and you can't move in either case, which is the rhino's main function, so you pay 5 points and still can't move if you get stunned... Definitely go for smoke though, I ignored smoke launchers for a while until I realized how fantastic they are, especially on tanks that don't have to shoot a lot.

Troops:
    Not bad. If you are stand & shoot squads you can drop a marine or two and add a plasma gun to each unit.

Fast:
    I prefer meltaguns on bikes. When plasma gets hot it takes out a very expensive model. You can also use them for tank hunting.

Havocs:
    3 meltas tend to be overkill on tanks so you could drop the unit to a troops choice with 2 meltas and save 20 points. 4 Plasma on the other hand can shred a terminator squad in one go. :w00t: Drop the Rhino's havoc launcher for extra armour and smoke.
    I'm with Mad Cat on most of these points, I think the special weapons in these squads need some revamping. I agree on pretty much all of his points, except I think that you can keep the missile launchers if you want them, but I woudl definitely change the bikes to meltaguns and the havocs to plasma, because a lot of plasma is a lot more useful than a lot of melta in the you don't need a lot of melta to pwn a tank.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

+ Reply to Thread