[1500] infantry b.l. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] infantry b.l.

Hey, Iíve got a heck of a lot of chaos at disposal, and I have created an army list for general play. Iíve won twice and lost once, I lost to Tau, and won against Tyranids n guard. Iím probably going to be playing necrons, and marines plus armies above.

Any way to the list.

(termis, i would like to keep them, but any comments on equipment..?)

Lord-Pair of lightning claws, termi armour, MOCU, daemonic: visage, essence strength 150pts

Chosen retinue-Termi armour, MOCU, 3 fists, 2 claws, reaper autocannon 225pts

Obliteratorsx3 210pts

aspiring champion- doombolt, power weapon, daemonic visage, mark of tzeentch
    7 marines-bolters, mark of tzeentch 235pts

Aspiring champion-power fist, MOCU, visage
    7 marines- bolters, plasma gun, heavy bolter, MOCU 165pts

aspiring champion, power fist, visage, MOCU, Infiltrate, teleport homer
    7 marines bolt pistol, close combat weapon, 2x meltagun, MOCU, infiltrate199pts

6 marines-lascannon, plasma gun, bolters, MOCU 115pts

1498pts

My style of play is fire base and assualt

rip it apart, btw thanx in advance for any advice and suggestions

how do you torture a necron?
    slowly download windows 95 on to it.
    Armies- 6000pts of chaos marines 1000pts necrons.
    1000pts Dwarves

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

HEy ther estoned grot, happy to take a crack at your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoned_grot View Post
    Hey, Iíve got a heck of a lot of chaos at disposal, and I have
    created an army list for general play. Iíve won twice and lost once, I lost to Tau, and won against Tyranids n guard. Iím probably going to be playing necrons, and marines plus armies above.
    Cool, then you're looking for an all comers list? or one specifically to play against those armies you mentioned(pretty derned close to an all comers list, I see every major "type" represented, MEQ, assault swarm, and shooty swarm, and tau(heh).

Any way to the list.

(termis, i would like to keep them, but any comments on equipment..?)

Lord-Pair of lightning claws, termi armour, MOCU, daemonic: visage, essence strength 150pts
    You'd like to keep the Termie armor, you say? well, then hmmm. The problem is that termies are so dern slow, have you considered making this a khorne lord to give him the good ol' extra attack and frenzy? Just a thought.

The thing I see is, he's sorta trying to stick with the termies, but he's such a beast that why not make him independent of the termies for more flexable attacking goodness.

Chosen retinue-Termi armour, MOCU, 3 fists, 2 claws, reaper autocannon 225pts
    good chunk of points for 5 models. I'm not a fan of termies myself, but a lot of people swear by them... consider making them nurgle? Nurgle termies are oooh so nice with the enhanced toughness.

Obliteratorsx3 210pts
    No problemo here, though 3 might be a bit much at 1500, but that's not a major issue, obliterators rock in any number.

aspiring champion- doombolt, power weapon, daemonic visage, mark of tzeentch
    7 marines-bolters, mark of tzeentch 235pts
    I see! Interesting and nice to see a splash of tzeench, I don't see that often.

for the aspiring champion, I think giving him some enhancements like thralls and familiars is a good idea. Ethe extra psychic ability can really come in handy, I'd also reccomend bolt of change or gift of chaos, depending on how you intend to use these guys. If you want them to be a shooty style, BoC is quite nice, if you want assault protection GoC is great.
    Also, I'd stick a powerfist on him instead.

Aspiring champion-power fist, MOCU, visage
    7 marines- bolters, plasma gun, heavy bolter, MOCU 165pts
    Yummy nummy. I like these guys. I run a pair of these squads. They are great in groups of more than one.

Nice. no real complaints here.

same.

6 marines-lascannon, plasma gun, bolters, MOCU 115pts
    I'd switch this out to the heavy bolter/plasmagun squad like above, or switch the above to this squad, redundancy is important. You already have 4 meltaguns, and obliterators. I'd reccomend the HB/Plasma.

1498pts

My style of play is fire base and assualt

rip it apart, btw thanx in advance for any advice and suggestions
    Honestly, I think it looks pretty good. It has some good synergy, the squads are well thought out. The only thing that I don't like is the termies, but that's personal taste(really, it is) so no real complaint there.

Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the "rundown" yh i spose it is for all comers :ninja: i no i should be hanging my head in shame cus of the tau (

I love tzeentch but the practicality of the 1k sons just isnt there.

How about i drop an/a: obliterator (-70pts)

change lascannon to heavy bolter (-10pts)

add

5xmark of nurgle on termis (25pts)
    1x marine, mocu bolter (15pts)

aspiring champ, fist, visage (30pts)

fist on the asp champ tzeentch

and again thanx.
    how do you torture a necron?
    slowly download windows 95 on to it.
    Armies- 6000pts of chaos marines 1000pts necrons.
    1000pts Dwarves

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ
    You can probably drop essence to save points. Demonic fire is cheap for him (although not fantastic, you get 2 BS5 shots on the charge).

Terminators
    For an extra 3 points upgrade a power fist to a chain fist just in case an enemy dread charges you.

Oblits
    Classic

Tzeech Marines
    Doombolt is not fantastic for the points. Bolt of change is ok but expensive and usually only taken in Thousand Sons armies because they need it and get little else. You Black Legion chaps have plenty of equivalent firepower such as obliterators and las cannon. Drop it for a combi bolter with inferno bolts. Take a powerfist rather than power weapon. If you decide not to take the Psi power drop the AC upgrade completely.

MOCU squad 1
    Nice and versatile although I would prefer a missile launcher or las cannon over the heavy bolter. Drop visage.

MOCU squad 2 & 3
    Give visage to these ACs as they are far more likely to see combat. Otherwise smashing.

MOCU Squad 4
    Nice & cheap fire support.

If you can shave a few points from the HQ, Tzeech AC, and maybe drop a terminator you can get 6 demonetts to add flexibility and reserves to your army. Summon them from the infiltrators if the enemy turns on them and they need support. Or summon them from the fire support squads if they need help. Great rending fun.

+ Reply to Thread