1500 Plaguewing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Plaguewing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

1500 Plaguewing

Inspired by a thread on here, I started listbashing something that I'll probably never collect but which still sounds fun... THE PLAGUEWING! Like the Lustwing, only Death Guard...

Lord Blaaargh ((I can't be bothered to think of good names right now))
    Chaos Sorcerer Lord, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator Armour, Manreaper, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Essence, Nurgle's Rot, Daemonic Visage, Gift of Chaos, Warp focus
    195 points

Lord Blaaargh's Retinue
    4 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 4 Power Fists, Plague Banner
    234 points

Lieutenant Urrrgh ((Especially not good Nurglesque names))
    Chaos Lieutenant, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator Armour, Plague Sword, close combat weapon, spiky bits, Daemonic Strength
    126 points

Lieutenant Urrrgh's Retinue
    6 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 5 Power Fists, Plague Sword, Plague Banner
    336 points

7 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 6 Power Fists, Plague Sword, Plague Banner
    382 points

7 Plaguebearers
    112 points

7 Plaguebearers
    112 points

Total - 1497 points

This is not the place to debate Plaguebearers, suffice to say I thought Daemons would make better Troops fillers than Plague Marines for an army that's meant to be the Death Guard version of the Deathwing and therefore have no power armour. Fluff-wise, it's possible that I should've made Urrrgh cheaper and not had the AC in his retinue, but hey.

Any thoughts on, well, anything about this list?

Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus View Post
    If you translate the breasts from the FW-greater Daemon, the size of a Defiler, I don't think there would be any problem fitting six such on it.
    If you like them larger, sure they might not fit, but I think the Defiler would look a bit... iffy. Like Dolly Parton 40 000. Not really my cup of tea.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Pizza View Post
    Lord Blaaargh ((I can't be bothered to think of good names right now))
    Chaos Sorcerer Lord, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator Armour, Manreaper, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Essence, Nurgle's Rot, Daemonic Visage, Gift of Chaos, Warp focus
    195 points
    There are a few upgrades that aren't necessary on an h.q. with a retinue. Remember, the retinue function as additional wounds for the h.q., so he has plenty of protection. Drop Essence. I haven't done the math behind your wargear, but you can probably get away with changing the h.q. to a chaos lieut. Again, the extra wound of the lord isn't an issue when you have a retinue of termis at his disposal.

Terminator units wield incredible offensive power, especially when paired with an h.q.. For this reason, you don't need any of the psychic abilities. It's overkill, which can at times be dangerous. For example: You charge an enemy unit during your turn, and due to the offensive might of the lord and his retinue, you wipe through the entire enemy squad. Upon attempting to consolidate, you suddenly realize that there are not any enemy units within the range of your consolidation. This leaves you in the open, and this means the unit will have to endure incoming enemy fire during your opponent's next turn. This scenario occurs more often than some players realize. So, removing the psychic abilities will greatly reduce your chance of this happening.

Lord Blaaargh's Retinue
    4 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 4 Power Fists, Plague Banner
    234 points
    Take 2 chain fists and 2 basic power weapons. It's almost always recommended to take chains over fists for that occasion when you're near an enemy tank.

Having a couple of basic power weapons will help you against other heavily armored troops, especially against loyalist marines. It's always good to have a few models that strike at their normal initiative. Plus, you don't want to be losing terminators to 4I models, while you're waiting for your turn to strike at 1I.

Lieutenant Urrrgh ((Especially not good Nurglesque names))
    Chaos Lieutenant, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator Armour, Plague Sword, close combat weapon, spiky bits, Daemonic Strength
    126 points
    Looks good. Unless you're up against lots of monstrous creatures, you can probably get away with a pair of lightning claws, especially if you drop spiky bits. Overall, lightning claws are more versatile than the conditional nature of the plague sword.
    Lieutenant Urrrgh's Retinue
    6 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 5 Power Fists, Plague Sword, Plague Banner
    336 points
    Looks good. Same suggestions regarding the fists.

The plague banner is questionable. I've never found it to be of any use. But then again, I've only dinked around with it a couple of times.

7 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 6 Power Fists, Plague Sword, Plague Banner
    382 points
    Same advice as above. I think I heard your A.C. say that he wanted a power fist. I could be mistaken.
    7 Plaguebearers
    112 points

7 Plaguebearers
    112 points
    Good.
    This is not the place to debate Plaguebearers, suffice to say I thought Daemons would make better Troops fillers than Plague Marines for an army that's meant to be the Death Guard version of the Deathwing and therefore have no power armour. Fluff-wise, it's possible that I should've made Urrrgh cheaper and not had the AC in his retinue, but hey.
    Based on the Plague-wing fluff, it seems fitting to avoid plague marines and use plagebearers in their stead.

Good luck.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

I agree with Rabbit.

Get 2 LT for around 120 points each.
    2 retinues of 6, each with 2Chainfists and maybe 1 lightning claw and the rest power swords.

Get another unit of 7 termies with 2Chainfists and maybe 1 lightning claw and the rest power swords.

This comes to around 1080 points.
    You now have 3 fluffy 7 man killer units with 3 free aspiring champions and more points to play with. I agree with 2 units of plague bearers but you can now afford another 200 points of stuff.
    What about an infiltrating 7 man power armour squad or purchare 5 reaper autocannon for the termies and put 2 of the plague banners back. This would help with anti tank firepower which you lack. The odd combi melta would also help although they are only one shot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Completely forgot about reaper autocannons. Yes, max these out. Thanks Mad Cat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Thanks for the advice, I've updated my list accordingly. It's just that I come from the school of "thought" that says 'Thou shalt have a cheesed up Chaos Lord with a full Daemonic Gifts cap' so I didn't feel comfortable at first without reaching for it.

Here is the new list:

Lieutenant Blaaargh ((I can't be bothered to think of good names right now))
    Chaos Lieutenant, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator Armour, Pair of Lightning Claws
    110 points

Blaaargh's Retinue
    6 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 2 Chainfists, 2 Reaper Autocannons, Plague Banner
    352 points

Lieutenant Urrrgh ((I can't be bothered to think of good names right now))
    Chaos Lieutenant, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator Armour, Pair of Lightning Claws
    110 points

Urrrgh's Retinue
    6 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 2 Chainfists, 2 Reaper Autocannons, Plague Banner
    352 points

7 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 3 Chainfists, 2 Reaper Autocannons
    351 points

7 Plaguebearers
    112 points

7 Plaguebearers
    112 points

Total - 1499 points

The Plague Banners are staying with Blaaargh and Urrrgh's units mainly In Case Of Carnifex/Avatar/Bloodthirster etc. because using a pricy MC myself ((Daemon Prince in my Undivided army)) I know how much they rightly deserve to be feared. Besides that, D6 automatic unsavable Wounds is always a good thing, and I can envision myself laughing at a Dark Eldar Archon as I pop him through the Shadowfield before even entering close combat. I can't see myself using them on something that I can easily wound unless I'm near the end of the game and desperately don't want to completely waste the points
    If you translate the breasts from the FW-greater Daemon, the size of a Defiler, I don't think there would be any problem fitting six such on it.
    If you like them larger, sure they might not fit, but I think the Defiler would look a bit... iffy. Like Dolly Parton 40 000. Not really my cup of tea.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

Looking Good.

Only a few minor tweeks.

1. Get a Manreaper for LT Urrrgh (great name). It's fluffy and very effective and you can use the typhus model for him.

2. Try to get Demonic strength for bolth LTs. Points can come from dropping one reaper autocannon.

3. If you drop another autocannon from one of the LT's retinues you can make the pure chosen squad tank hunter for only 1 more point. Could be fun. You are increasing the firepower of 1 squad but reducing the anti tank weapons for the whole army. Hmmmm not too sure......

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

I'm not convinced that dropping the reaper is the way to harvest points for daemonic strength. In a 1500 point game, the list currently only have 6 tank busting guns. I would suggest dropping the plaguebanner, and while it's great fluff, it's game mechanic leave a lot to be desired.

You can also drop the 3rd chainfist in the non-retinue terminator squad. This, combined with taking the maneaper over claws, and dropping the plaguebanner, would yield 63 free points. Options to buy:

1- daemonic strength for the lieuts
    2- tank hunter for the termis
    3- Nurgle's rot for the lieuts (you can probably get away without rot, since plaguebearers have it).

BTW, this is a much improved list. It will no doubt be very fun on the board and produce some frightening looks on your opponents' faces. Good luck (again).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I should do this kind of thing for lists I can already run with the models I have...

1500 Plaguewing Version 3

Lieutenant Blaaargh
    Chaos Lieutenant, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator Armour, Pair of Master-Crafted Lightning Claws, Spiky Bits, Nurgle’s Rot, Daemonic Strength
    110 points

Blaaargh's Retinue
    6 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 2 Chainfists, 2 Reaper Autocannons
    310 points

Lieutenant Urrrgh
    Chaos Lieutenant, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator Armour, Manreaper, Daemonic Strength, Spiky Bits, Nurgle’s Rot
    130 points

Urrrgh's Retinue
    6 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 3 Chainfists, 2 Reaper Autocannons
    310 points

7 Chosen Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, 2 Chainfists, 2 Reaper Autocannons, Free Aspiring Champion, Nurgle’s Rot, Daemonic Strength, Tank Hunters
    374 points

7 Plaguebearers
    112 points

7 Plaguebearers
    112 points

Total - 1498 points

The two Plague Banners are gone, saving me a bit of modelling work. I decided to keep 3 chainfists per squad for Blaaargh and Urrrgh's units, as the two Lts already deliver several times a Chosen Terminator's weight in power weapon attacks before said Chosen Terminator would have struck. Also, I didn't know what else to do with the points.

Mad Cat, funny how you think of Urrrgh carrying the Manreaper when it was Blaaargh who was a Manreaper cheese Lord in Version 1 of the list...
    Last edited by Lord_Pizza; March 2nd, 2007 at 17:32.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Your point totals are a little off. Here's what I got:

First chaos lieut: 150 points.

His retinue: 332 points.

Second chaos lieut: ok.

His retinue: 332 points.

Chosen Terminators: 409.

Plague bearers: all ok.

Total points: 1574.

No wonder the army looked so good :rolleyes: .

+ Reply to Thread