1500pt Black Legion-Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

1500pt Black Legion-Friendly

So I'm preparing for a huge battle we're going to have at my friend's place. Our group consists of Black legion (myself) , alpha legion, tyranids, dark eldar, and necrons. We're up against 2 SM, eldar, IG, and tau.

Im considering just infiltrating with alpha legion to waste time while D.E., tyr., and nec. move up the board.

HQ:

Lord
    M.o.S.
    Bike
    D.Siren
    D.Blade
    D.Armour
    Personal Icon
    Melta Bombs

Elites:
    4 Chosen Champs.
    B.P
    P.Wpn.
    MoS
    D.Speed
    D.Str.
    D.Visage
    Doom Siren
    Infilt.

Troops:

7 M.o.S Marines
    2 Meltas
    Infilt

7 M.o.S Marines
    2 Meltas
    Infilt

6 M.o.S Marines
    2 Meltas
    Infilt

8 Daemonettes

8 Daemonettes

Fast Attack:

6 Raptors
    M.o.C.U.
    Infilt.
    3 meltas

8 Furies

Last edited by inlukasha; March 1st, 2007 at 23:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

These sort of large games are always a blast (a headache too). First, what are your opponent's taking? I would imagine that Nids and Dark Eldar are using mainly c.c. units, while Necron are taking the mid-range. This, IMO, means that the 2 chaos players should try and cover more of the long ranged roles. Of course, your Nid friend could be taking ranged Carnifexes, which are always a pain to manage.

I'll comment more, once you've replied.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

S-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Looks like a good list, but I have one question:

Where is your HQ? Am I missing something? Do you not need HQs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I haven't been able to get into contact with my team recently. All I know is that nids are rushing with alpha legion using rhinos as shields for them. Alpha legion will be infiltrating with lots of melta bomb assassin cultists and melta/plasma gun marines. Necrons will have 2 monoliths to deep strike in, and D.E. keeps ranting about assaulting by turn 2. ( Forgot to mention this is being played on a 4x9 table. Yes... I also feel it to be a bit cramped for 5v5 1500pt. )

I didn't think sitting back and firing would be a good idea since it's a very small board, and the fact that tau and ig would probably smash chaos in long range. Also, once the other members get into CC we wouldn't be able to do much with our guns.

One of the SM might be blood angels and the other Sisters of Battle. Eldar will probably lame starcannons and psychic powers. IG will use lots of ordinance and those walkers. Tau will have lots of devilfish and crisis suits.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

In that case, your list should handle what it's meant to do, that is, bust tanks and assist in the c.c. assaults. If I may make a couple of suggestions:

H.Q.: For the cost of the melta-bombs and the daemonic armor, you could take combat drugs. OR, you could drop the melta-bombs and the siren and find 10 extra points somewhere for combat drugs. In these large games, you never know what you'll be fighting, so it's nice to have something like drugs that can assist you in whatever problems arise. After all, even if you don't need the strength and W.S. booster options on the combat drugs, you can always use the +1 attack & the options that allows your lord to ignore the first unsaved wound (provided it isn't an 'instant kill'). Just a thought.

Unless you go first, your chosen will be smashed to pieces by incoming ranged fire- bar none. They're just too dangerous to be let out of the bag. I would advise dropping them altogether and using the points for some of the following:

1- additional melta gun squads
    2- adding a pair of plasma gun squads.

Raptors: Have you considered taking a bike squad instead? It would reduce your melta guns down to 2, but you would have more staying power and gain turbo-boost. Honestly, I can't imagine either the raptors or the bikes lasting past the first round in this size battle. Again, taking cheaper troops is favorable in this kind of battle.

Another concern would be the threat of losing all of your marines with the MoCU, and then being unable to summon your furies. As it stands, you only have 10 wounds before you lose both of your Undivided Icons, and in these large games, it's very possible for your opponent's to destroy both the Undivided units on the first turn.

Hope these suggestions are of use.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

If I had more raptors/bikes I would be playing Night Lords. However, I only have 3 bikers atm, so that option is out.

+ Reply to Thread