1500 points of Black Legion (army list) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points of Black Legion (army list)

BLACK LEGION, 1500 points:

HQ:

Chaos Luitenant : power weapon, bolt pistol, frag grenades, infiltrate, demonic chains.
    97 points

Blood Thirster :
    205 points

ELITES:

10 Khorne Berzerkers : Mark of Khorne, bolt pistols and chain axes, Champion with Power fist, talisman of burning blood and D-Mutation.
    263 points

TROOPS:

10 Chaos Marines : Mark of Chaos Undivided, bolts pistols and close combat weapons, frag grenades, 2 Meltaguns, Infiltrate. Champion with Power fist, bolt pistol D-Mutation and D-Visage.
    250 points

10 Chaos Marines : Mark of Chaos Undivided, bolters, 2 Plasma guns, Infiltrate. Champion with Power fist, bolt pistol.
    Squad in a Chaos Rino.
    258 points

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    10 Havocs : Mark of Chaos Undivided, bolters, 4 Autocannons, Tank Hunters.
    260 points.

Chaos Predator : Autocannon turret, lascannon sponsons, demonic possession and mutated hull.
    165 points.

TOTAL = 1498 Points.

What do you think?

My idea behind the army began when I decided I wanted a blood thirster and some power armoured chaos grunts. I ended up adding berzerkers and a predator for some extra punch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wargamez03 View Post
    Chaos Luitenant : power weapon, bolt pistol, frag grenades, infiltrate, demonic chains.
    97 points
    Not bad - but ICs may not be Daemonhosts. Only Aspiring Champions.

But I like the cheapness of him. I think a good home for him would be in the Infiltrating unit. You can make their Champion the Daemonhost, then use the Lt. as a psuedo-champion for the Unit. He won't be nearly as effective, but will be strong enough to keep the unit alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    10 Khorne Berzerkers : Mark of Khorne, bolt pistols and chain axes, Champion with Power fist, talisman of burning blood and D-Mutation.
    263 points
    I think you over payed for this unit by quite a large margin. Otherwise, they look great.

10 Chaos Marines : Mark of Chaos Undivided, bolts pistols and close combat weapons, frag grenades, 2 Meltaguns, Infiltrate. Champion with Power fist, bolt pistol D-Mutation and D-Visage.
    250 points
    Good. I think you could get away with dropping the Frag Grenades, but that's a personal preference of mine. I tend to have faith in my high Toughness and Armour Save to save me from return attacks, especially since a Powerfisted Champion recieves no benefit.

10 Chaos Marines : Mark of Chaos Undivided, bolters, 2 Plasma guns, Infiltrate. Champion with Power fist, bolt pistol.
    Squad in a Chaos Rino.
    258 points
    Points aren't adding up here. Something is off. Also, I'm guessing you meant to remove it, but Infiltration isn't allowed on a unit that has a Transport option.

Otherwise, the unit looks fine. The Rhino should have Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers though.

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    10 Havocs : Mark of Chaos Undivided, bolters, 4 Autocannons, Tank Hunters.
    260 points.
    Drop the unit size to eight members. 10 isn't bad, but it's a bit more than necessary.

Chaos Predator : Autocannon turret, lascannon sponsons, demonic possession and mutated hull.
    165 points.
    The Mutated Hull is a bit overkill, but if you have nothing better to spend the points on, then it's a good thing to spend them on.

My biggest issue is your armour composition.One Rhino in a 1500 point list is begging for it to be blown up. The single Predator isn't so bad, since it has AV14 on the front. The Rhino though... yech. I can't condone the use of it. When taking into account Transports, the more the better.

+ Reply to Thread