Alpha Legion 1250 pt friendly game - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Legion 1250 pt friendly game

Hey Fellow Alpha Legionaires (and Chaos Brothers),

As promised, here's my first try at the 1250 list. Wasn't sure if I should add my:

2 x 16 cultist
    8 daemonetts
    roughly 400 pts

in the game yet, but here's the variant without cultists/daemonettes

Chaos Lieut - 117 pts

- MoCU
    - Dark Blade/B Pistol
    - D Speed/Resilience
    - Spiky Bits
    - Infiltrate
    - Frag Grenades

2 x Assault CSM - 218 pts

- All MoCU, All Infiltrate, All Frag Grenades, all FURIOUS CHARGE (I added this for the 1250 pt level. Is it too expensive still? Should I wait until 1500?)
    - 7 CSM with BP/CCW, and 2 of them meltas
    - Asp Champ withD Mutation, Power Fist/Pistol

2 x Shooting CSM - 132 pts

- All MoCU, Infiltrate
    - 7 CSM with 5 bolters, 2 plasma gun

2 Oblits - 140 pts

Predator with TL Las, Heavy Bolter Sponson - 130 pts (I can get smoke launcher or extra armor if I have extra points to spend)

6 Havocs - 174 pts
    All with MoCU, Infiltrate, Tank Hunters
    3 bolters and 3 autocannons

total 1229 pts. I still have 21 pts left over... where should I spend that?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

A few question suggestions:

Lieut: Looks good.

Obliterators: Fine

Assault Mairnes: Good.

Ranged Support Marines: Drop down to 6 man squads. You don't need the extra wound. Most players will stick with 6 even at the 1850 point mark.

Predator: Drop. This vehicle simply gives your opponent something to aim at with his/her tank busters.

Havocs: Increase marines to 7-8.

Option with extra points: Take another assault squad if able; otherwise take another ranged support squad.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Rabbit! Ok, dropping Predator. Will probably take 2 preds at 1500 pts, you think that will be better?

Will drop shooting squad to 6 man.

Chaos Lieut - 117 pts
    - MoCU
    - Dark Blade/B Pistol
    - D Speed/Resilience
    - Spiky Bits
    - Infiltrate
    - Frag Grenades

2 x Assault CSM - each 218 pts
    - All MoCU, All Infiltrate, All Frag Grenades, all FURIOUS CHARGE (I added this for the 1250 pt level. Is it too expensive still? Should I wait until 1500?)

3 x Shooting CSM - 111, 116, 116 pts
    - All MoCU, Infiltrate
    - 6 CSM with 4 bolters, 2 plasma gun (116), heavy bolter/plasma (111), autocannon/plasma (116)

I wanted to try these three combos out and see which ones work the best. I've had people who swear by dual plasma, others swear by bolter/plasma, and some autocannon... so let's see how they perform.

2 Oblits - 140 pts

7 Havocs - 213 pts
    3 bolters and 4 autocannons

Total: 1249 pts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Pretty good overall. Personally, I prefer dual-wielding plasma guns over the mixed weaponry in your short-range support squads. Plasma guns also give you the ability to maneuver around corners and then rapid fire. Just a thought, not trying to push you aorund :shifty: .

As far as taking 2 preds at the 1500 mark, you'd be better off taking an 8 man havoc squad with 4 autocannons and tank hunter. Two preds really need some L.O.S. blockage from rhinos and the likes, if they're going to survive for any length of time; and this would require a complete overhaul of your army. Still, if you likes preds (and I certainly do for fun games) then by all means, use them.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Visharron View Post
    Thank you Rabbit! Ok, dropping Predator. Will probably take 2 preds at 1500 pts, you think that will be better?

Will drop shooting squad to 6 man.

Chaos Lieut - 117 pts
    - MoCU
    - Dark Blade/B Pistol
    - D Speed/Resilience
    - Spiky Bits
    - Infiltrate
    - Frag Grenades
    for 1250 to 1500level, I think its time to unveil the str 8 on the charge doombot that we at LO know and love.

Darkblade, F.Charge, d.Strength. This guy is a terror on the field of battle and lends to so much strategy. Even after the suprise of his efficiency wears off, its even better. your oponents respect it and learn to try to navigate AROUND it, and that gives you a big advantage.

Consider it.. otherwise this guy is already pretty dern good.

2 x Assault CSM - each 218 pts
    Hmm... i don't like furious charge on CSMs until about the 1850 pt level, more boots over toys is always good at the lower points. Otherwise good.

- All MoCU, Infiltrate
    - 6 CSM with 4 bolters, 2 plasma gun (116), heavy bolter/plasma (111), autocannon/plasma (116)
    I wouldn't do one of each, really, the 2x plasma squad is the only one I'd really go with a solo unit of, just because they have so much kick that its good.

otherwise the fire support squads, go with a pair of which ever you should chose, as you know I'm partial to the heavy bolter/plasma squad, mainly because it has volume of fire, good strength AND AP. I'd stick with autocannons in havocs over this, but that's just me.

I wanted to try these three combos out and see which ones work the best. I've had people who swear by dual plasma, others swear by bolter/plasma, and some autocannon... so let's see how they perform.
    Sure, I'd be interested to know, how they worked for you, I tried the AC/plas, but I never liked it. because the AC's main strength is in its high S + long range, which cripples the plasmagun, and to be close enough to use the plasmagun, you will wish you had the extra shots(in my experience.) I chose the Heavy bolter because their range is somewhat close( losing 12'' in the mid-range game was acceptable to me)

Dual plasma works wonders for sure, but its a close range burst of doom squad, get close enough and your enemy pays dearly, a misstep and they get charged without shooting and poof.

2 Oblits - 140 pts
    great!

7 Havocs - 213 pts
    good, though at 1500 pts they should really be filled out to the 8 man 4 autocannon config. This is the points level that you start to see the bigger nastier tanks and you need the extra shots(just saying, something to keep in mind) If you know that many of your oponents love to field predators and landraiders at this points level, then I think its worth the investment now.

Total: 1249 pts
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you on the predators, Rabbit. I'll try them for fun games in the future, but won't include it in my official tourney type lists. =)

Here's the list with some tweaks.

Chaos Lieut - 122 pts
    - MoCU
    - Dark Blade/B Pistol
    - D Speed/Resilience
    - Spiky Bits
    - Infiltrate
    - Frag Grenades
    - Teleport Homer

2 x Assault CSM - each 215 pts

- All MoCU, All Infiltrate, all FURIOUS CHARGE (removed frag grenades since their purpose is counter charging)
    - Asp Champ withD Mutation, Power Fist/Pistol and TELEPORT HOMER

- All MoCU, Infiltrate
    - 6 CSM with 4 bolters, 2 plasma gun (116) (two of these, to be mobile), heavy bolter/plasma (111)

2 Oblits - 140 pts

7 Havocs - 213 pts

Total: 1248 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    for 1250 to 1500level, I think its time to unveil the str 8 on the charge doombot that we at LO know and love.

Darkblade, F.Charge, d.Strength. This guy is a terror on the field of battle and lends to so much strategy. Even after the suprise of his efficiency wears off, its even better. your oponents respect it and learn to try to navigate AROUND it, and that gives you a big advantage.

Consider it.. otherwise this guy is already pretty dern good.
    Only question I have is, will I need to use a Lord for this, since I'm limited at 50pts of D Gifts right now. I definitely want the D Speed, which makes the Lieut/Lord a terror on speed. Giving up D Resilience will hurt his survival chances, especially against all the chaplains out there, where they get 4-5 atks and have a 4+ inv save.

So with D Strength and FC, it's another 25 pts more, + 15 pts for the Lord, this guy will be at 157 pts. Sound about right?

I'll play with the Furious charge on the CC squads. If I find that I never really use it, I'll remove it. Otherwise, it's helped me a bit in the past, attacking before the others have a chance to strike back.

I will fill out to 8 havocs in 1500 pts, don't worry. :yes:

So I think I'll try out the 1250 pt list shown above. at 1500 pts, I'll include the 157 pts Lord, the 8 person havoc, and then I'll need some guidance on how to work in the cultists and daemons...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lord Visharron; March 6th, 2007 at 17:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more question, what do y'all think about me removing one of the shooting squads, and adding an Asp Champ with PF/CCW to the remaining 2 squads? This will allow them to hit back if attacked, but will make each squad about 150+ pts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

One more question, what do y'all think about me removing one of the shooting squads, and adding an Asp Champ with PF/CCW to the remaining 2 squads? This will allow them to hit back if attacked, but will make each squad about 150+ pts.
    I like it a lot. On anything that's not a small throw away plasma squad I put the champ/pf combo on there, its a huge deterrent AND if you need to charge something with them they can kick some mighty butt!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so no PF Champ in the Plasma mobile squad, right? The only thing I worry about now is whether the 6 person squads can hold assault for one round... with a 7-8 person DC coming in with a chaplain, the chaplain gets 5-6 atks, 4-5 hit (WS5 and Litanies of Hate), 3-4 wound/kill (power weapon), then the DC gets 4 atks each, that's about 30 atks, 22 hit (litanies of hate), 14 wound, and I lose 5 more... that's the squad... then they consolidate into my counter CC squad and deny me the charge... oh boy...

PowerFist or not, I think the squad is screwed unless I get a clear shot at them with the plasma before they get to me (and if they fail their Feel No Pain rolls).

I really hate the Death Company...

+ Reply to Thread