Traitor Imperial Fists 1500 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Traitor Imperial Fists 1500 pts

I have always liked the Imperial Fists, the first thing that struck me was their color scheme, but I also like their fluff and their basic army themes (terminators and heavy weapons, although I could care less about Lysander).

Any ways, rather than lower myself to playing Loyalist marines, I've been working with the idea of making a traitor legion (a la Red Corsairs) based on the Imperial Fists. The basic idea is a IF captain gets tainted by the powers of Chaos and becomes convinced, in his fanatical devotion to defending the Emperor, that everybody and everything is an enemy of the Emperor and begins attacking and killing everything on sight.

So, here it goes...

Chaos Lieutenant 130 pts

Kaigun, Terminator Armor, Power Weapon, D. Strength, Spiky Bits

Terminator Retinue (6) 272 pts

Reaper Autocannons (2), Chain Fists (2)

Marine Squad (7) 167 pts

Inflitrate, Plasmaguns (2), AC w/ Powerfist

Marine Squad (7) 167 pts

Marine Squad (7) 167 pts

Havoc Squad (7) 266 pts

Lascannons (4), AC w/ Powerfist

Havoc Squad (7) 158 pts

Heavy Bolters (4)

Havoc Squad (7) 158 pts

Heavy Bolters (4)

1,500 exactly

Very simple, shooty approach. Terminators set up with the rest of the army and fire as they advance (and yes, probably get shot to pieces, unless the opponent is wise and focuses on the plasmagunners breathing down his neck, or on the lascannons). There's a fair amount of flexibility and mobility with the inflitrators and the terminator's ability to deepstrike. But basically, just a simple stand and shoot kind of army, with hidden powerfists. Gave the Lascannon squad a Fist because I think it's the mostly likely to get charged by enemy inflitrators and just generally in a lot more danger than the Heavy Bolter squads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by grimmtu View Post
    Chaos Lieutenant 130 pts

Kaigun, Terminator Armor, Power Weapon, D. Strength, Spiky Bits
    Pretty good all around guy, although I kind of dislike Leaders like this in that you're spending points for both range and combat, when you'll inevitably be spending more time in one than the other. In general you're more likely to spend a lot more time in combat especially if you charge (and if you don't charge you're probably wasting the combat upgrades) because you're enemy is moving towards you as well, which is why I think if you want to make a Kaigun leader you should give him Dæmonic flight so he can run away from most things. I know this breaks your fluff, so if anything I would suggest you leave the armour on and juust make him close combat, perhaps deep striking him or hiding him in a squad.

Terminator Retinue (6) 272 pts

Reaper Autocannons (2), Chain Fists (2)
    Useful and fluffy, although a bit more expensive than I like it fits pretty well into your list. I'm unsure of whether you're deep striking him or not, but I would suggest that you do so and give some/all of your squads teleport homers. Also, since you don't have a lot of anti tank I would strongly suggest giving them Tank Hunters, twin-linked strength 8 is pretty sweet.

Marine Squad (7) 167 pts

Marine Squad (7) 167 pts

Marine Squad (7) 167 pts

Three things about these squads:
    1. Do whatever you can to put them at even numbers, they're a ton better for scoring purposes (if they kill 4 of these marines the unit no longer counts as scoring, whereas if you bump if down to 6 they still only have to kill 4, and as long as you don't actually get rid of any merines you have the same net firepower, while in squads of 8 the enemy has to kill 5 marines to keep it from scoring)
    2. Give at least one of them meltas, you don't have enough tank hunting IMO
    3. Whether or not you give any of them meltas, you should definitely outfit some or all of them with BP/CCW (You don't state what you're outfitting them with, so I figured I'd say this just in case). Obviously if you get meltas those squads should be the first ones with BP/CCW.

Havoc Squad (7) 266 pts

Lascannons (4), AC w/ Powerfist
    What's with the power fist? I really think that if this squad manages to get into CC you're probably going to lose anyway, and that power fist which in all likeliness will never be used is one free marine you could add to one of your squads.
    Also, try to get this up to 8, although for a slightly different reason. While it would be nice to have this unit easier to score with, it's less likely that you'll be using it to hold objectives. Boosting this squad to eight is just good for the additional ablative wound, so I would definitely boost the other squads first.
    Finally, consider Autocannons with Tank Hunting, you get four extra shots at only one less strength for 60 fewer points (and then you can add another person for 18 points)

Havoc Squad (7) 158 pts

Heavy Bolters (4)

Havoc Squad (7) 158 pts

Heavy Bolters (4)
    Same as everything else, try to get them to even numbers, but this is probably the least important squad to do so.

Looks great though, just work on the anti-tank and you should be set
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

+ Reply to Thread