750pts - Tzeentch cult army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750pts - Tzeentch cult army

Chaos Lieutenant
    (Mark of Tzeentch, power weapon, warp talisman, bolt of change, 2 thrall wizards)

Aspiring Champion
    (Mark of Tzeentch, power weapon, doombolt)
    8 Rubric Space Marines
    (Mark of Tzeentch, Bolters)

Aspiring Champion
    8 Rubric Space Marines

Chaos Predator (Boosh!)
    Autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons, coruscating warp flame, extra armor, parasitic possession, smoke launchers

More beard than a bikers bar? Or are we going to be leaving the board by tern two? I have been hearing something about new dex and minis soon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Just a heads up, 750 is a small amount for any chaos list, but Tzeentch is an especially expensive army to play even basic troops, so you're inevitably going to be very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestigor View Post
    Chaos Lieutenant
    (Mark of Tzeentch, power weapon, warp talisman, bolt of change, 2 thrall wizards)
    The warp talisman does absolutely nothing for you, the MoT allows you to ignore psychic tests anyway. I would probs take another Thrall. Otherwise he looks pretty good.

Aspiring Champion
    8 Rubric Space Marines

Aspiring Champion
    8 Rubric Space Marines
    Pretty good, I would normally suggest you get bolt of change and some thralls but I just don't see that happening in such a small list.

Chaos Predator (Boosh!)
    Autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons, coruscating warp flame, extra armor, parasitic possession, smoke launchers
    I would drop coruscating warp flame as I feel it's (A) Unreliable and ( meant for stuff that's going to be closer than a predator should be (liek dreads) this is also enough to get you lascannons on the sponsons instead of heavy bolters, giving you some much needed anti-tank.
    Everything else looks good.

Hope that helps you at least with some new perspectives
    I would also drop smoke launchers as this should theoretically be shooting every turn anyway.

More beard than a bikers bar? Or are we going to be leaving the board by tern two? I have been hearing something about new dex and minis soon?
    I certainly hope for a new dex, and new models would be fun but I really don't ahve the money for something like that.
    Last edited by honorableSimon; March 17th, 2007 at 03:11. Reason: forgot the last part & spelling as usual
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

Oh darn I got beat!

Well, with Thousand Sons, its actually hard to be beardy! Maybe if you take 3 defilers with indirect fire, but otherwise our points limitations are huge and its hard to be efficient.

That said, your list looks pretty good for 750 points.

I would change the setup on the pred, though. I would do lascannon sponsons, just for good measure, you never know in 750 points.

I find parasitic possession to be weaker than daemonic possession. If you take D possession, you dont need extra armour, and unless it gets completely destroyed it will always be firing.

I would drop warp flame on the pred also, because I dont think anything will assualt it, especially at 750 points.

Witht he extra points I would upgrade to powerfists on the aspiring champs and add thralls, these guys are a must.

Also, consider this:

Pred
    twinlinked lasscannon
    no sponsons
    D possession
    smoke launchers

I hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by P-Tail View Post
    I find parasitic possession to be weaker than daemonic possession. If you take D possession, you dont need extra armour, and unless it gets completely destroyed it will always be firing.
    I agree 100% and if you need to cut points I would cut parasitic possession and extra armour & add dæmonic possession, but as it is you get a tiny portion of dæmonic possession and all of parasitic possession, while if you swap possessions you can't take part of parasitic, so I kind of like the way it is, although more in a "that's an interesting idea" than a "than an objectively better way to do it" kind of way. It might be better - I've just never tried it before so I don't know.
    Last edited by honorableSimon; March 17th, 2007 at 03:41. Reason: spelling as always

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Lieutenant
    Mark of Tzeentch, Power Weapon, Bolt of Change, 2 Thrall Wizard
    talisman dropped. sticking to power weapons due to WYSIWYG reasons

Aspiring Champion
    (Mark of Tzeentch, Power Weapon, Doombolt)
    8 Rubric Space Marines

Aspiring Champion
    (Mark of Tzeentch, Power Weapon, Doombolt)
    8 Rubric Space Marines

Chaos Predator (Boosh!)
    Twin-linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Extra Armor, Parasitic Possession, Smoke Launchers
    would have gone sponsons but the twink-linked took were just the right amount of points. Smoke launcher is still on just to eat remaining 3 points. After reading Daemonic possession I am unconvinced, parasitic possession seems to offer the better deal (northing worse than bits falling off mid battle). I will report back on how parasitic/armor worked out after the first game

On a side note. For the Thrulls I am thinking of Daemonhosts or slightly converted Sanctioned Psykers... Anyone know of any half decent Thrull mods?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Chaos Predator (Boosh!)
    Twin-linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Extra Armor, Parasitic Possession, Smoke Launchers
    would have gone sponsons but the twink-linked took were just the right amount of points.
    Be careful here, the turrent is actually worse IMO than the sponsons, it costs more and in both cases you get two dice but with the sponsons both of them can hit.

On a side note. For the Thrulls I am thinking of Daemonhosts or slightly converted Sanctioned Psykers... Anyone know of any half decent Thrull mods?
    If you have the money dæmon hosts sounds pretty sweet. Sanctioned psykers would be better if you could convert them successfully I think, but you'll probably find it very hard to convert them (if you have some ideas already then by all means go right ahead)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

For my Thralls I use the zombie plastics to create half naked humans kindof shambling foreward, then greenstuff chains and blinfolds and stuff on them.

+ Reply to Thread