1200pt City Fight Alpha Legion - Revised - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1200pt City Fight Alpha Legion - Revised

Ok, i've done quite a bit of changing to the list, tell me what you think.

HQ:
    Chaos Lieutenant - 2x lightning claws, spiky bits, deamonic aura, deamonic mutation, deamonic flight, deamonic stength, deamonic visage, CMoU, infiltrate, furious charge, frag grenades, melta-bombs

basically he is kitted like a raptor, he will go with the raptors.

Troops:
    3 units of:
    14 cultists - las pistols, ccws, infiltrate, furious charge, CMoU, icon
    champion - las pistol, power weapon, infiltrate, furious charge, CMoU

2 units of
    6 deamonettes

these two will make a great combination together. You take the deamonettes into a unit, which will lower a units initiative. then charge in with a unit of cultists and with furious charge their initiative goes up by one for the turn. so basically for that first wave of attacks my cultists will get to go before basic marines and chaos. (lots of attacks)

Fast Attack:

4 Raptors - boltpistols, ccws, infiltrate, furious charge, CMoU
    AC - boltpistol, power weapon, deamonic strength, deamonic mutation, infiltrate, furious charge, CMoU

These guys will be with my lieutenant, should work out pretty well, with the -2 leadership coming from him, this squad should be pretty effective at make units run away.

Heavies:

2 units of
    5 havocs - 3 bolters, 1 plasma gun, 1 autocannon, infiltrate, tank hunters.

Ok, yeah, i know, this dosent look like much of a heavy squad, but with infiltrate i can put them where i need them, and if i loose them beause i get them too close, its only like 125 points. I noticed with 4 assualt cannons sitting off in the corner defending my building, they dont become effective until too late in the game and usually after ive lost all my other models, wasting almost 300 points. this way i can put them into a effective position and not really be hurt if i loose the squad.

Last edited by Emeraldguardx; March 19th, 2007 at 17:29.
    Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2
    Nurgle Chaos work in progress

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldguardx View Post
    Chaos Lieutenant - 2x lightning claws, spiky bits, deamonic aura, deamonic mutation, deamonic flight, deamonic stength, deamonic visage, CMoU, infiltrate, furious charge, frag grenades, melta-bombs

If this guy actually if a Lieutenant he's over in Dæmonic Points, and if he's not a Lieutenant than I suggest you take Dark Blade/Bolt Pistol in exchange for Lightning Claws/D.Strength = it's 14 points less expensive, and will actually cause more wounds if you do the MathHammer that I always hate to do (assuming you're prepared to deal with suffering from mastery, of course, which you should never fail) The idea behind him is good though, obviously you just want to be careful with that squad + him.

3 units of:

2 units of
    6 deamonettes

these two will make a great combination together. You take the deamonettes into a unit, which will lower a units initiative. then charge in with a unit of cultists and with furious charge their initiative goes up by one for the turn. so basically for that first wave of attacks my cultists will get to go before basic marines and chaos. (lots of attacks)
    No real comments, consider Move Through Cover in place of Furious Charge, I'm assuming there guys are mostly meat shields trying to get the Dæmonettes into range, but of course if I'm wrong feel free to leave it.

AC - boltpistol, power weapon, deamonic strength, deamonic mutation, infiltrate, furious charge, CMoU

These guys will be with my lieutenant, should work out pretty well, with the -2 leadership coming from him, this squad should be pretty effective at make units run away.

I might try to add some more "ablative" Raptors (if you can ever call Raptors that, which I don't really think you can) Because your AC is pretty expensive and only has 4 wounds covering him - I would at least bump it up to 6 total for scoring purposes, the IC doesn't count unless he joins the squad (and I don't even know if he counts then) and he really shouldn't be joining the squad so he can maintain his mobility. No loadout problems IMO though.

2 units of
    5 havocs - 3 bolters, 1 plasma gun, 1 autocannon, infiltrate, tank hunters.

Ok, yeah, i know, this dosent look like much of a heavy squad, but with infiltrate i can put them where i need them, and if i loose them beause i get them too close, its only like 125 points. I noticed with 4 assualt cannons sitting off in the corner defending my building, they dont become effective until too late in the game and usually after ive lost all my other models, wasting almost 300 points. this way i can put them into a effective position and not really be hurt if i loose the squad.

If you're set on their options, you should make one of them a Troop choice because you save on weapons upgrades (you save 15 points, heavy weapons cost less for Troop squads because they can't take as many guns, but you didn't take many guns so you can fit it) I'd say move both but you've already got 5 Troops...

Very interesting list, it looks like a lot of fun.
    Last edited by honorableSimon; March 19th, 2007 at 18:17. Reason: æsthetics
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Thought you could get away with posting in the wrong forum hmm?
    heh heh

*cracks knuckles*

Ok man, we have some problems here. But Karmoon is here to help.

HQ:

Illegal. He's over his daemonic gift quota by a bit. 12 poitns to be exact. Otherwise ok. You do realise that his presence means the raptors lose hit and run too right?

Troops:
    3 units of:

2 units of
    6 deamonettes

ok.. cultists are good and combo well with daemonettes.
    The problem being: the initiative matter only goes for models which attack models with the mark of slaanesh. Thus.. marines who attack the daemonettes will strike last, but if they attack the cultists, they'll attack at the same time (presuming you get the charge).

Do you understand?

Personally... I feel that Alpha Legion's beauty lies in having a solid core of Chaos Space Marines.. but you're certainly not alone in having a cultist based list.

Fast Attack:

it's weird.. but is 6 enough for a kickass combat squad? With HQ, probably.. but i'd be carefull with these guys all the same. They'll be great against certain targets, but i wouldn't hesitate to throw a small squad to tie them up and then blast them the next turn.

Not bad though.. nice combo with the HQ.. shame about the HQ's legality though.. but that's easily fixed.

Heavies:

2 units of
    5 havocs - 3 bolters, 1 plasma gun, 1 assualt cannon, infiltrate, tank hunters.

Hmm.. not convinced at all about these squads.. for starters, we're chaos.. we don't use Assault Cannons. We have autocannons.
    Secondly.. for 250 points, you can the LO patented autocannon havoc squad.
    8 marines. 4 autocannons. MoCU, infiltrate, Tank hunters.

The range of the autocannons should mean that they have a target every single turn. With tank hunters, you turn a good gun into a gun which the enemy will learn to fear.

There are some mixes which work.. plasma and las cannon and what not.. but i can't really see plasma and autocannon working.
    The other thing is you're only using two special/heavy weapons and you have a troop slot free.. so why are you paying more for no reason?

Needs a lot of cleaning me thinks. A level headed opponent could really scupper your day with some intense fire.

Good luck.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread