[1550] Iron Warriors - Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1550] Iron Warriors - Friendly

Here is the 1550 list that I have been using most often. Can you think of any good improvements? I don't want to make the list too powerful but I think it is balanced as it is. Then again, I get yelled at for having 6 lascannons on the table even though I play IW and use only 3 HS and 3 Obliterators. So, in an attempt to shore this list up I'd appreciate some advice.

I already feel that I have a relatively low model count, and I was considering dropping the cheap Kai Flier and adding in a Dark Blade lieutenant but I think that would make the list even stronger. If I do drop him, I'm not even sure where I would distribute the 90 points. I could probably take the melta guns off of my assault squad and add in a 6 man plasma gun crew. I'm just not sure what else to do here. I really like having power fists in all my squads, and I added mutation due to the odd 1550 point level, and I also really like fast units. So, please feel free to destroy my list I look forward to your responses. Thank you.

1 Chaos Lord
    - D. Stat, Spd, Res, Str, Arm, Vis, Spiky Bits, Frags, CCW

1 Chaos Lieutenant
    - D. Flight, Kai Gun

1 Obliterator
    1 Obliterator
    1 Obliterator

8 Chaos Space Marines
    - 2 Melta Guns, 5 BP + CCW, MoCU, AC with Pfist + D. Mut + D. Vis

8 Chaos Space Marines
    - 2 Plasma Guns, MoCU, AC with Pfist + D. Mut

8 Chaos Space Marines (Troop)
    - 2 Plasma Guns, MoCU, AC with Pfist + D. Mut

8 Chaos Havocs
    - 4 Autocannons, 4 Bolters, Tank Hunters, MoCU

1 Defiler
    - Indirect Fire
    1 Predator
    - Lascannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsons, Daemonic Possession, Smoke Launchers

Total: 1550 Points
    Models: 37 Infantry, 2 Vehicles

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Excellent list, I can only really complain about you HQ (we have very different HQ philosophies so I'll restrain my overall opinion on his points cost because I'm certain you know how to wield such a mighty weapon)

Quote Originally Posted by EcchuBlessu View Post
    1 Chaos Lord
    - D. Stat, Spd, Res, Str, Arm, Vis, Spiky Bits, Frags, CCW
    If "Arm" is short for Armour and not something more obvious I'm being oblivious to, I would without a second thought drop it for Aura, a must for every Lord or Lieutenant no matter how big and scarey, but especially for a close combat oriented one. What do you do when he hits a unit with Power Weapons? Also, 20 points to upgrade 3+ to 2+ is overpriced in my mind, 2+ doesn't get you the upper hand over, well, just about any weapons (i.e. there are very few AP3 guns, so upgrading it doesn't help you against certain guns) and the extra percentage alone is definitely not worth the poitns especially without an invulnerable. Sorry if that was longwinded, I tend to do that a lot, please don't take it personally

As for making up some points you could cut the Kai Flyer and bump the plasma squads down to 6 each for 150 points total, and if I'm not mistaken 6 man plasma squads cost exactly that many points the way you outfit them? Just a thought (NOTE: you only gain one models here in a strange twist of fate, because you're largely cutting ablative wounds, and the Lieutenant gives "cheap" a new meaning, but on the other hand you're also gaining two plasma guns and another champ with a Fist of Doom)

Hope that helps, and happy stomping
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hq

I would like to hear some more advice on my HQ. I tried to make him as cheap as I could for a lord, but I ultimately chose Armour over Aura just because of what my primary opponent fields. I know that if my lord ever gets into combat with a squad with a Fist he is almost certainly going to die. Now I do charge into squads that have power weapons on occasion but the vast majority of what my lord does is cleanup. I will say that the 2+ save really isn't much better than a 3+ especially when you are wounding against a T6 but at the same time I think that a 5+ invulnerable isn't that special. I'd be greatly interested in finding a better setup for him.

As for the 6 man squad idea, I used to run teams like that but I find that they get destroyed too easily in 1500 point games. These days I go with 8-10 man squads to increase survivability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I would like to hear some more advice on my HQ. I tried to make him as cheap as I could for a lord, but I ultimately chose Armour over Aura just because of what my primary opponent fields. I know that if my lord ever gets into combat with a squad with a Fist he is almost certainly going to die. Now I do charge into squads that have power weapons on occasion but the vast majority of what my lord does is cleanup. I will say that the 2+ save really isn't much better than a 3+ especially when you are wounding against a T6 but at the same time I think that a 5+ invulnerable isn't that special. I'd be greatly interested in finding a better setup for him.
    The only other two builds I've really seen worked effectively every time are (my favourite) Lightning Claws Lords (I think this might work best with Lieutenants because you save on Dæmonic points, but I can see it working with Stature and Strength) and the ever popular Dark Blade Lord. I haven't added up your Dæmonic points but a Dark Blade would put you at S8 which would be pretty awesome with 2D6 pen and ignoring armour saves, you'd be like a power fist that strikes at regular initiative. Not sure if you'd be interested in that, or if it would work well against the armies you play.

As for the 6 man squad idea, I used to run teams like that but I find that they get destroyed too easily in 1500 point games. These days I go with 8-10 man squads to increase survivability.
    That makes sense, I just thought of it as an idea, but I think you're right, squads of 6 aren't big enough.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by honorableSimon View Post
    . I haven't added up your Dæmonic points but a Dark Blade would put you at S8 which would be pretty awesome with 2D6 pen and ignoring armour saves, you'd be like a power fist that strikes at regular initiative. .
    Check out the rules for armour penetration and monstrous creatures.

If you use the darkblade, then you can't use the monstrous creature rules.

It sucks, i know, but I'm here if you want to cry. {goofy}
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well

Dark Blade wielding lord is my favorite actually, but since I use a Kai Gun Lieutenant I can no longer use him. Also, I think S8 on the charge is worthless since I have never once instant killed an IC with that trick.

So, best statured lord combo?

+ Reply to Thread