2000pt Word Bearers army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Word Bearers army

Hey this is my first attempt at building an army that has any buisness shooting - swarming nids then swarming Orks lol - so i wanted some feedback on my Army Roster

HQ
    Deamon Prince
    Mark:Undevided
    Deamonic Stature
    Daemonic Armor
    Deamonic Rune
    Deamonic Resilience
    Accursed Crozius
    Demagogue
    Combi-bolter

5 Chosen Terminator Retinue
    3 Combi-Flamers
    5 Power Fists

ELITES
    12 Chosen
    3 Plasma Guns
    Deamonic Icon (Flamers)

8 Possessed with Aspiring Champion
    Deamonic Mutation
    Rhino Transport

TROOPS
    8 Chaos Space Marines with Aspiring Champion
    2 Plasma Guns

2 Plasma Guns
    Aspiring Champion - Combi-bolter

8 Bloodletters

7 Plaguebearers

9 Flamers

FAST ATTACK

10 Screamers or Furies (I dont know which to choose, please leave suggestions in your feedback)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Hello Vergil and welcome to Librarium Online! I hope your stay is pleasant. Now, on with the list!

Quote Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
    HQ
    Deamon Prince
    Deamonic Stature
    Daemonic Armor
    Deamonic Rune
    Deamonic Resilience
    Accursed Crozius
    Demagogue
    Combi-bolter
    I would suggest, against fluff (and I love fluff :ninja, to drop the Demagoge and repalce it with Daemonic Strength. The Daemagoge ability is really wasted on an army full of Ld 10 troops with MoU (mark of undevided), and strenght will give you that needed boost when in assault. Rune is a hit or miss item. If there already statchered, you need to be hit with a Str 10 weapon... and most of those are AP 2, making the upgrade questionable. I would replace it with Daemonic Speed or Daemonic Flight as these will put you in assault faster, and assault is where you will be relatively 'safe.'

5 Chosen Terminator Retinue
    3 Combi-Flamers
    5 Power Fists
    Personally I'm not a big fan of Chosen, and as your Lord is statured, he can be picked out of the squad in shooting or assault so I don't see the point of these guys. Also the amount of points sunk into these guys could be spent much better, read along to see some suggestions.

12 Chosen
    3 Plasma Guns
    Deamonic Icon (Flamers)
    Lots of PLASMA!!! I would be tempted to give these guys infiltrate to make shure the enemy feels the heat of your guns early on.

8 Possessed with Aspiring Champion
    Deamonic Mutation
    Rhino Transport
    I love Possessed, and there very well equiped here. I would suggest Daemonic Talons over mutation as it gives you a much greater chance of taking down the enemy's heavy armoured troops. Also, a power weapon or power fist on the AC (aspiring champion) would not go amiss.

2 Plasma Guns
    Very good squad! Again, I'm going to suggest Infiltrate as it will allow you to set up with your guns in range of the enemy.

2 Plasma Guns
    Aspiring Champion - Combi-bolter
    Same as above ^^

8 Bloodletters
    These guys will do great against MEQ (marine equivalents), but not so good against horde armies. Summon wisely. As an aside, I usually field them in squads of 6, but again it's your call.

7 Plaguebearers
    The most underrated Daemon! Unfortunatly this list won't let them shine... they have a bad habbit of Nurgles Rotting your own force. I would suggest replacing these guys with 8 Daemonettes.

9 Flamers
    I haven't used these guys much, but from what I hear they are hit or miss... tell me how they do.

10 Screamers or Furies (I dont know which to choose, please leave suggestions in your feedback)
    No question Furies. They are amazing, and have none of the Screamers weaknesses, making them one of the best Daemons we have at our disposal (in my opinion).

Where is the Anti Tank?

You should be able to fit in (after dropping the chosen):
    • 8 Havocs
      -4 Autocannons
      -Tank Hinters
      -MoU

With that squad this list becomes more ballenced... but I would still consider trying to fit in another Havoc squad just to make shure the job gets done.

The only problem I see with this list is that too many points are sunk into the Chosen and Possessed. Chose on of these squads to keep, and with the extra ponts get another CSM (chaos space marine) squad or another Havoc squad.

Just my $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Blade View Post
    I haven't used these guys much, but from what I hear they are hit or miss... tell me how they do.
    This was in response to the Flamers, as that's probably not apparent from my poor choice of quotes, but I like Flamers a lot. My problem with them is twofold: their second wound is negatied frequently by their low toughness (insta-killed) and when I played them I didn't read the part where you don't take psychic tests :cry: that was a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Blade View Post
    No question Furies. They are amazing, and have none of the Screamers weaknesses, making them one of the best Daemons we have at our disposal (in my opinion).

Where is the Anti Tank?

You should be able to fit in (after dropping the chosen):
    • 8 Havocs
      -4 Autocannons
      -Tank Hinters
      -MoU
    With that squad this list becomes more ballenced... but I would still consider trying to fit in another Havoc squad just to make shure the job gets done.
    I'm with him on both of these points (just thought maybe a second voice for the same opinion might make it more credible or something, I don't know, mostly this post was to say Flamers are pretty sweet)
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I have been tolling around with this list for a little bit in my mind, and I think that ive come up with a slightly more balanced force or at least a force that will kick some... hopefully lol

HQ
    Dark Apostle (stated as Lord)
    Mark: Undivided
    Accursed Crozius
    Close Combat Weapon
    Daemonic Strength
    Daemonic Resilience
    Daemonic Armor
    Daemonic Rune
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades

Retinue
    10 Chosen
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Daemonic Icon(Blood Letters)
    Champion - Power Fist

Elite
    10 Chosen
    3 Plasma Guns
    Infiltrate
    Daemonic Icon(Flamers)
    Champion - Combi-Bolter

Troops
    10 Bloodletters

11 Flamers

Heavy Support
    5 Havocs
    4 Autocannons
    Tank Hunters

5 Havocs
    4 Autocannons
    Tank Hunters

Fast Attack
    10 Furies

The basic tactical idea was to have the Lord lead a charge into the enemy's troops on the 2nd turn and let off a daemon bomb of Bloodletters and basically wash rinse repeat, with the chosen drop the Flamers and stay at 18' and Fire trying to weaken the opponents best shooty units, then after they are gone start weakening the Lords or the Bloodletters next target, the Furies could be summoned from either the lord or the Chosen squad and have them assist the Lord or the Bloodletters in an assault or lead their own assault. The Havocs would be shooting the tanks or if there were no tanks firing shots into the enemy's heavily armored troops.
    Games Workshop works with the speed of Molasses at -273.15 Degrees Celsius and with all the efficiency of a blind seeing-eye dog and with the wisdom of sticking your tongue to aforementioned Molasses... but darn it im addicted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

HQ
    Dark Apostle (stated as Lord)
    Accursed Crozius
    Close Combat Weapon
    Daemonic Strength
    Daemonic Resilience
    Daemonic Armor
    Daemonic Rune
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    I'm pretty opposed to the whole Dæmon Armour thing in general as it's way too expensive for what it does, but this guy is in a squad so he takes 3+ saves on ablative wounds anyway - this upgrade literally gets you nothing until your retinue is already dead, at which point you're probably screwed anyway. If you want more survivability I'd got for essense, but I think 3 wounds and a retinue is more than enough. Other than that this looks great

Retinue
    10 Chosen
    Infiltrate
    Frag Grenades
    Daemonic Icon(Blood Letters)
    Champion - Power Fist

Elite
    10 Chosen
    3 Plasma Guns
    Infiltrate
    Daemonic Icon(Flamers)
    Champion - Combi-Bolter
    There might be some Word Bearer'y reason you need to make these guys elites that I don't know about, but for the retinue why not make them normal marines and just truck your lord into the squad first turn? you save 3 points per model, which can add up quickly, and as for the second squad do you really need the second Plasma Gun? If you keep them as Chosen by all means keep it, taking tons of special weapons is one of the reasons I love Chosen, I think you can jsut save a bunch of points by making them normal marines.

If you remain in the Chosen boat you should at least use it to its fullest - take another fisted champion or one or two PW/Strength champions in the first squad. And in the second squad, the combi-bolter champion is probably not worth it - if you can find the points (hint hint: by downgrading this squad to normal marines) just give him a fist, it will help more if they get charged by the enemy.

Troops
    10 Bloodletters

11 Flamers
    Party. If you need points feel free to cut a Flamer, 11 is a weird number for scoring purposes (i.e. half strength is still 5 guys until you hit 12 base)

Heavy Support
    5 Havocs
    4 Autocannons
    Tank Hunters

5 Havocs
    4 Autocannons
    Tank Hunters
    Also a party, although I would definitely say that if you find some points (:cough: Chosen ) these squads should get some ablative wounds (i.e. extra marines for you to sacrifice when the squad takes wound instead of immediately losing autocannons)

Fast Attack
    10 Furies
    Looks great. I hope they serve you well.

Definitely an improved list, keep up the good work and let us know about those Chosen. Cheers
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres not Word Bearery reason why the Chosen are Elites, they are on any army list lol. I picked them because if someone is going to charge the Chosen-Flamer group im going to move the squad in front of the flamers to soak up the damage, my flamers are better ranged fighters than my chosen. My Chosen have 3 Plasma Guns because if im going to infiltrate im going to make sure that my opponent feels some heat from my shooty unit rather than a few dents and clangs of bolter fire(most of the armies I play against field either MEQs or Necrons - I need the plasma to be able to make sure the MEQs become dead and the Necrons stay dead). the autocannons should be relatively safe because not only is the opposing army going to have to pass a Ld to shoot them they are going to have to be able to shoot at the same range as the Autocannon, the Autocannons are going to be about 2 feet behind my army pelting off shots. I chose 11 flamers because of the ability to lay down 33 shots instead of 30. You might be onto something with the essence I will take that into consideration as it would allow me to add onto one of my Havoc squads or add another Flamer.
    Games Workshop works with the speed of Molasses at -273.15 Degrees Celsius and with all the efficiency of a blind seeing-eye dog and with the wisdom of sticking your tongue to aforementioned Molasses... but darn it im addicted

+ Reply to Thread