D'eath Guard 2,250pts list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

D'eath Guard 2,250pts list.

Yet another list from me. Sorry for them all.

HQ
    Melchiah the Abomination
    Daemon Prince with Visage, Venom, Furious Assault, Rune, Speed, Mutation, Stature, Nurgle's Rot, & Mark of Nurgle.
    180pts

Jahad Corpulent
    Nergal:
    Lt. with Manreaper, Terminator Armour, Nurgle's Rot, Strength, & Mutation.
    Namrat: Terminator Chosen AC with Plague sword, Strength, & Power weapon.
    Nunn: Terminator Chosen with Power fist & Combi-bolter
    Beuu: Terminator Chosen with Power weapon & Reaper autocannon
    Adad: Terminator Chosen with Power fist & Combi-bolter
    Amon: Terminator Chosen with Power weapon & Combi-bolter
    Irra: Terminator Chosen with Power weapon & Reaper Autocannon
    Mark of Nurgle, Deepstrike. 461pts

Elites
    Chosen Retinue for Nergal

Troops
    The Miasma
    AC with Plague sword, Nurgle's rot, Strength, Mutation, Bolter, & Teleport Homer.
    2 Plague Marines with Plasma guns
    4 Plague Marines with Bolters & CCWs
    Frags, Infiltrate. 221pts

The Poison
    AC with Power fist, Nurgle's Rot, Mutation, Bolter, & Teleport Homer.
    2 Plague Marines with Meltaguns
    Frags, Infiltrate. 216pts

The Filth
    2 Plague Marines with Meltaguns
    Frags, Infiltrate. 216pts

The Pestilence
    2 Plague Marines with Plasma guns
    Frags, Tank hunters.
    Rhino with Extra Armour & Smoke Launchers 244pts

Heavy Support
    Duma
    Dreadnought with Plasma Cannon, DCCW, Heavy Flamer
    Parasitic Possession, Daemonic Possession
    167pts

Rattlecage
    Predator with Autocannon & Lascannon sponsons
    Parasitic Possession, Mutated Hull, & Daemonic Possession
    225pts

Phlegmthreaded behemoth
    Land Raider with Pintle Combi-bolter
    Parasitic Possession & Daemonic Possession
    320pts

Total = 2,250pts.

I know the vehicles are pricey, but if they aren't durable as hell, I don't want to know what is... Seriously, I don't. -_- (joking)

Last edited by <E!_Mance>; April 19th, 2007 at 08:22.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for 18 points those termies NEED tank hunting
    (you can still have a single vet skill even with the mark and i can't see any others on them)

i think you pay WAY too much points to keep the tanks firing, you're AV14, thats safety enough i say

i also HATE the dread, he does nothing to warrant those points. The only use i see in a dread is to keep them as cheap as possible and have them as a distraction. You are paying a lot of points to keep that plasma cannon firing on a dread that will most likely be popped first fire phase anyway.

your squads seem solid, i don't like the plasma gun on a plague marine as it negates T should you be unlucky but thats a personal thing.

your DP should definitely get spiky bits, very good value with all those attacks. I hate his rune, he only has 3 wounds anyway, how often are you up against STR10? If you play tau every time i could see your point but he can't be popped by a powerfist, can't be popped by a lascannon, most armies won't be able to pop him at all. Those points are way better spent elsewhere, i'd give him aura and the spiky bits and drop the rune. Venom is fair enough, means you can take down big things and your S6 on the charge is good for most normal people. I like the DP apart from rune and lack of invulnerable

i've also got a problem with this guy
    Nergal: Lt. with Manreaper, Terminator Armour, Nurgle's Rot, Strength, & Mutation.

as the manreaper at earliest can arrive on turn 2, stand and do nothing

its turn THREE before the reaping starts.

If you drop the termie armour and just make him a speed infiltrator you can infiltrate him with one of your squads, have him safe from any enemy fire and start the reaping from the first turn

thats my thoughts anyway, basically drop dread and get another pred and don't overupgrade the vehicles. Fix DP and first turn charge on the reaping LT. Tank hunting for the AC termies. thats the summary
    Last edited by garmor; April 19th, 2007 at 14:16. Reason: extra info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list looks good overall. I would repeat the argument about rune, but from the sound of your other thread, you've made up your mind.

One thing to remember, your land raider cannot carry troops if it has demonic possession. In place of the dread, I would think about using a defiler. Bigger template, more smashy fun. Either with just indirect fire and hide it, or mutated hull and walk it up the board with everything else. Would drop the demonic off the raider, or the parasitic off the predator to pay for the slight increase. The extra points can go to goodies like spiky bits or tank hunters like garmor suggests.

As you said yourself, your vehicles are expensive.
    Another squad will almost always benefit you more than a few upgrades to all squads. Remember: Troops before Toys.

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Hmmm... Food for thought.
    Okay, Rune goes away. Aura, & 'spiky' bits replace it.

I'd love to give the Lt a Speed Infiltrate combo, but what is reccomended for it?
    What else to give the Termie squad as a replacement?

Vehicles are too expensive, yes.
    Parasitic is gone from Dread.
    Demonic gone from Raider.

I'm keeping Parasitic on the 2 tanks as it's a fluff thing, the abundance of Nurgle's rot & other parasitic namesakes & stuff makes for a theme, so I thought why not keep them?

The Land Raider isn't meant to carry troops. As it is, it's meant to advance along with the Rhino & DP, causing a bit of a stir. With 21 Plague Marines infiltrating straight to the enemy lines it shouldn't be too bad.
    Tank Hunters given to the Termies... Does Tank Hunters work on Monoliths? I was under the impression that it didn't.

More fixing to be done still, but I've got around 50pts left over now, so it shouldn't be too hard.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Land Raider isn't meant to carry troops. As it is, it's meant to advance along with the Rhino & DP, causing a bit of a stir. With 21 Plague Marines infiltrating straight to the enemy lines it shouldn't be too bad.
    Just wanted to make sure you knew. I have seen a few dem possessed rhinos over the last few years trying to pick up troops.

Does Tank Hunters work on Monoliths? I was under the impression that it didn't.
    No it doesn't, but it will be 4 str 8 shots against any other vehicle out there.

I'd love to give the Lt a Speed Infiltrate combo, but what is reccomended for it?
    Lt with MoN, infiltrate, speed, manreaper, frags, and rot is cheap and easy. You can add str, furious charge, aura, visage, etc, as you feel the need. He is more of a distraction to draw fire off your line of marines. A homer would work well on him too.

What else to give the Termie squad as a replacement?
    Basic champion with power weapon and rot. Few gifts as you have points.
    Another squad will almost always benefit you more than a few upgrades to all squads. Remember: Troops before Toys.

+ Reply to Thread