1500 pts - (Un)Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

1500 pts - (Un)Friendly

This is a different type of list than I normally use but I thought I would give it a try. Let me know what you think. I appreciate any comments or suggestions. Hopefully I will be kicking some eldar Fairy's rear end with this list this weekend.

HQ:
    LT w/ Kai gun, flight, aura, MoCU
    110 points

Elites:
    8x plaguemarines, 2x plasma, infiltrate, AC w/ fist
    224 points

5x rubric termies, AC PW + CB, BoC
    267 points

Troops:
    9x marines, BP + CCW, Frags, MoCU, FC, 1x melta, AC w/ fist
    Rhino SL, EA
    248 points

one more squad same as above

Heavy Support:
    6x Havocs, MoCU, TH, 3x AC, 1x ML, AC w/ Chaos Spawn
    221 points

Predator Destructor w/ Las sponsons and D. Posession
    145 points

Total: 1501 points

Basically I designed this list around the fact that I wanted rubric termies and plague marines in the same list. For some reason the idea of these two squads together gave me the impression that it would have enormous staying power.

Tha basic plan is to infiltrate the plague marines on one side of the board and then position the two rhinos on the other side. The LT will most likely work as fire support for the plague marines and the termis will be deepstruck where they are most needed. The predator and havocs will look for good spots with multiple fire lanes in my deployment area and hopefully just sit there.

I know some will say that I should go with all AC in my havoc squad but I am determined to see how the 1x ML works out for me.

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I don't mean to double post or toot my own horn is it were but I was hoping to get some feedback before taking this list to the table. Thoughts? Opinions? Comments? They are all welcome and requested, thanks!

I know Karmoon is floating around out there.

/prepares Lasso to rope him in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's solid, there is a big squad of plague marines "in there face" which is hard to kill

your rubrics will be teleporting in i take it? They can stay, i don't think they do enough damage for the points though but thats not against your list, its a general comment on rubric termies

the CSM squads ni rhinos are fair enough, although you only take 1 special weapon in a 9 man squad which i think is a waste, i'd suggest 2.

havocs seem fine to me, i don't mix anything with AC, i only mix ML and LAS for points reasons in dedicated heavy armour busting squads. However i'm sure it will be just fine and gives you a solid S9 shot in case you come up against something big.

predator is ok as well, nothing to say really

ok then, problems. Firstly i don't think you have enough elite CC. If you infiltrate those plague marines and a proper hard CC comes at them they will go through them. THen your front line goes. The same would apply to a hoard of not so good CC doods (orks, loadsa nids). You just don't have a proper hardcore HQ just off the lines to counter charge / help out that front line.

your 2 rhino squads i like but they could arrive too late to help the plagues, which i don't like. I'd prefer one infiltrating at less points to give two in your face units and pump up the points of the remaining 10 man squad with a kick @rse AC to get in and hopefully link up with your two units who have been causing him close up pain.

overall it's solid, it's a list i would play

perhaps that's why people didn't reply, its pretty hard to pick holes in : )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

Thanks for the response!

I do see your point about leaving the plagues hanging out to dry so I am tempted to make this change:

Drop the BP+CCW marine squads to 8 men a piece and drop the termi AC's CB then I will change the lord to the following:

Lord w/ MoCU, speed, resilience, aura, infiltrate, frags, and a pair of LCs

he runs 151 points with this setup and he will basically be used as a counter charge for the plague marines or if it is not needed, as a back breaker on the other flank with the CC squads.

This change should keep me flat even with the points total I had before which is 1501. Thoughts?

*EDIT*
    Seeing as I just found out that I have ten left over points ( darn armoury descriptions for termi armour!) I will also be adding a second melta to one of the basic marine squads.
    Last edited by Ironangel256; April 27th, 2007 at 16:50.

+ Reply to Thread