1500pts Undivided/Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

1500pts Undivided/Slaanesh

This is a 1500pt army I have thought about building. I have already made a chaos lord for the army (A conversion I made a while back for a previous project.) Just need some feedback.

Ar'Keldor the Gloried

Chaos Lord- Mark of Slaanesh, Bolt pistol, Master-crafted powerweapon, Frag grenades, Spiky bits, Combat drugs, Daemonic aura, Daemonic resilience, Daemonic speed, Daemonic strength, Furious charge. 202

The Destroyers

2 Obliterators- Body weapons, Daemon armour, Daemonic aura. 140

Chaos Spacemarine Sqaud Mavak

Aspiring champion- Mark of chaos undivided, Bolt pistol, Powerfist.
    9 Chaos Spacemarines- Mark of chaos undivided, Bolters, 2 Plasma guns.
    Rhino- Combi-bolter, Extra armour, Smoke launchers. 253

Chaos Spacemarine Sqaud R'leth

Chaos Spacemarine Sqaud Varkas

The Laciviciuos Ones

6 Daemonettes- 90

Chaos Spacemarine Havoc Squad Halkor

6 Chaos Spacemarines- Mark of chaos undivided, Bolters, 3 Missile launchers. 150

Chaos Spacemarine Havoc Squad Maldoth

6 Chaos Spacemarines- Mark of chaos undivided, Bolters, 3 Missile launchers. 150

Let me know what you think of this list.

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    Ar'Keldor the Gloried

Chaos Lord- Mark of Slaanesh, Bolt pistol, Master-crafted powerweapon, Frag grenades, Spiky bits, Combat drugs, Daemonic aura, Daemonic resilience, Daemonic speed, Daemonic strength, Furious charge. 202
    I would say dump the MC PW + Strength for a Dark Blade because although you get "fewer attacks" (i.e. you lose a re-roll) the extra strength will allow you to wound more often, making the other attacks that do hit cause more wounds, ending in a net higher amount of wounds/casualties. Also, if you only miss once you'll feel silly for over-upgrading. He also probably needs to be more point efficient anyway, as he can be instakilled by most anything worth its salt.

Curious Charge (Edit: Best typo ever, I'm totally leaving it here) also seems a mite superfluous on a Slaaneshi Lord, you effectively have I6 which will let you go before or at the same time as most things, and especially if you upgrade to a Dark Blade S7 doesn't get you very much extra.

The Destroyers

2 Obliterators- Body weapons, Daemon armour, Daemonic aura. 140
    Party.

Chaos Spacemarine Sqaud Mavak

Chaos Spacemarine Sqaud R'leth

Chaos Spacemarine Sqaud Varkas

I think 10 is too many. I would go with 8. Also if that's an extra Combi-bolter I don't know how worthwhile it is. Otherwise looks fine.

The Laciviciuos Ones

6 Daemonettes- 90
    Since you're already playing Black Legion the number 6 doesn't get you anything, and 6 is definitely not enough for these. I would say either 8 or 10, with 8 being the more popular number. I would get the points for upgrading these but cutting down the above squads.

Chaos Spacemarine Havoc Squad Halkor

Chaos Spacemarine Havoc Squad Maldoth

Let me know what you think of this list.
    Argh Missile Launchers vs. Autocannons. Consider the following:

For 224 points you get an 8 man Havoc squad with 4 Tank Hunting Autocannons. That's 2 additional strength 8 shots for 76 fewer points. If you think S8 is all you'll need then save some points and change these two Tank Hunting Autocannons. You won't regret it.

Hope that helps & happy hunting
    Last edited by honorableSimon; May 7th, 2007 at 02:10. Reason: I cannot type for my life
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Just a couple things I thought I'd point out for you to consider.

For your lord, I would switch out the Furious Charge for Infiltrate, or both if you can scrounge up the points. I really don't think he needs Furious Charge all that much. A darkblade would be really nice too, make sure if you take it that you take Mutation as well.

For your normal squads, think about throwing in a Heavy Bolter, sometimes the extra dakka is worth it, even if they get saves. And some armies won't be able to handle the long range firepower as well, it may force them to come to you, someone like the Tau comes to mind.

I'd also increase the sqaud size for the daemonettes.

Autocannon Havocs sound like a good idea, but I'm still not sure if you have enough anti-tank to be completely safe.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

having two tankhunting squads instead of two tankhunters or not gives alot of flexibility though and that can make alot of difference during placement. Keep the marines squads as 10 to maximize the effect of the rhinos? I'm totally with everybody else on the darkblade. with darkblade you can shave off the furious charge too as the strength boost becomes unecessary? I would shave off points from the lord to make room for more demonettes is all.

curious charge is one thing I would loose and what is the intended role of that hq anyways? is he hunting TMCs? not likely... if he is hunting meqs and similar targets demoic strength is overkill with the darkblade. loose one marine somewhere and that should be enough to get 2demonettes with some points to spare.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank hunters is a definite on your havocs, and missile launchers sounds good unless you want to mess with the points to upgrade to Lascannons.
    For the Dark Goddess! For Slaanesh!

Starting April 21st, 2007, W-L-T
    Emperor's Children Legion - 26-6-6

+ Reply to Thread