[1500] word bearers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] word bearers

Hey this list is for m general play but could posibbly be used in tourneys. Thanks in advance for any feed back

HQ

lord- accursed crozius, close combat weapon, daemonic: flight, stature, resilience, mutation, Mocu 166 pts

Blood thirster- 205pts

Troops

Aspiring champ-infiltrate, power fist, bp, Mocu, Visage
    10 marines-2 flamers, infiltrate, Mocu, chaos icon 240pts

6 marines-plasma gun, heavy bolter, infiltrate, Mocu, Chaos icon, bolters 123pts

6 marines-plasma gun, heavy bolter, infiltrate, Mocu, Chaos icon, bolters 123pts

6 flamers of tzeentch- 138pts

8 daemonettes- 128pts

Fast attack

10 furies-150pts

Heavy support

8 havocs-infiltrate, rocket launchers, chaos icon, bolters 224pts

The aspiring champ in assault squad is the vessel.

Btw are chaos icons completely free because thats how i gather it....?

how do you torture a necron?
    slowly download windows 95 on to it.
    Armies- 6000pts of chaos marines 1000pts necrons.
    1000pts Dwarves

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a unit is given a mark then you may upgrade one model to carry an icon for free. You made a nice list. Let me suggest one thing, chosen. for 20 points you can store one of your daemon packs in the icon and release it without scatter at anytime. Now imagine thoes chosen with infiltrate... just somthing to think about.
    "Drop emergency bulkheads! Activate compression rams! Set internal bracing! Issue brace for impact alert! I repeat, brace for impact!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Always good to see the followers of Lorgar coming for help.

The first thing I notice about your list is the HQ's, maxed out with over 370 pts put into two models. Now I'm not going to begin the speech about eggs and baskets, but you get the idea. Personally, I would drop the Bloodletter as I'm not too fond of Greater Daemons at this point in time, but it is your call. You should drop at least one of them as 1500 pts restricts the other choices you can make to support these uber beasts.

I see your troops as uneven. The shooting squads are too small to make an impact before loosing any significent number (ie 50%) and the assault squad is too big, slaughtering it's way through squads too quickly, leaving them open to counter-fire in the enemy's shooting phase. I would go with the magic number of 8 for all the squads, as this will allow the shooting squads to dish out more power for longer (more bodies, and more guns) and the assault squad should have a higher survivability (tiying the enemy up in CC for 2 rounds).

The Flamers seem useless as your list is in desperate need for CC (especially since we're chaos) Switch them for another squad of 8 Daemonetts and you should be golden.

Daemonettes and Furies working in tangent are quite the team. Good squad sizes. These guys/ gals should leave their mark on the battle field.

And that brings us to your havocs. I would drop the MoCU and switch it for Tank Hunters, also trade the Missile Launchers for Autocannons and this squad should make the enemy armour fear their presence.

Quote Originally Posted by jecjackal View Post
    Let me suggest one thing, chosen. for 20 points you can store one of your daemon packs in the icon and release it without scatter at anytime. Now imagine thoes chosen with infiltrate... just somthing to think about.
    Chosen are over-rated (IMO) and at 1500 pts will lead to another point-sink. At 2000 pts I might run a squad like that... (stop it! You're giving me more ideas!!!).

Overall I feel this list lacks anti-tank. Mabe a tri-las predator, but something needs to be added. Personally, I see this as more of an Alpha Legion list than Word Bearers...
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

+ Reply to Thread