Another Khorne army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Khorne army

This be the army I use regulary - though alot of people I play against keep on calling it cheesy >.>

1 Khorne Prince - 212
    -Khorne, Axe of Khorne, Feel No Pain, Rage of Khorne
    -Daemonic, Aura, Resilience, Speed, Stature
    -Master Crafted, Spiky Bits
    -Furious Charge

1 Khorne Leuitenant - 131
    -Khorne, Feel No Pain, Rage of Khorne
    -Daemonic Resilience, Talons, Visage
    -Spiky Bits
    -Furious Charge

8 Khornate Possessed - 363
    -Khorne
    -Daemonic Talons
    -A.C. Daemonic Talons, Mutation, Visage, Coller of Khorne, Rage of Khorne, ToBB
    -Rhino, Extra Armour, Pintle Combi-Flamer

8 Khorne Berzerkers - 264
    -Khorne
    -Khornate Axes
    -A.C. Daemonic Mutation, Visage, Power Fist, Spiky Bits, ToBB, Coller, Rage
    -Furious Charge

-Khorne
    -Khornate Axes
    -Furious Charge

-Khorne
    -Khornate Axes
    -Furious Charge

-Khorne
    -Khornate Axes
    -Furious Charge

1 Khornate Predator - 238
    -All round Las Cannons
    -Pintle Combi Bolter & Havoc Launcher
    -Extra Armour, Mutated Hull, PP, Smokes

Total 2000

The Inquisition - 38-2-3

Tomb Kings - 1-1-1

Grey Company Elves - 16-1-3

Saurons Force of the Black - 8-1-3

It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Khorne Prince - 212
    -Khorne, Axe of Khorne, Feel No Pain, Rage of Khorne
    -Daemonic, Aura, Resilience, Speed, Stature
    -Master Crafted, Spiky Bits
    -Furious Charge
    Rage of Khorne is not worth it. Mutation does a better job, and is reliable. With rage, you might get no bonus at all. Replace it with mutation.

1 Khorne Leuitenant - 131
    -Khorne, Feel No Pain, Rage of Khorne
    -Daemonic Resilience, Talons, Visage
    -Spiky Bits
    -Furious Charge
    Repeat the above.

8 Khornate Possessed - 363
    -Khorne
    -Daemonic Talons
    -A.C. Daemonic Talons, Mutation, Visage, Coller of Khorne, Rage of Khorne, ToBB
    -Rhino, Extra Armour, Pintle Combi-Flamer
    Expensive. They can be worth it, but expect them to be gunned down sometimes. Just realize that you wont be able to keep them in the rhino, and it will be, at best, mobile cover for the squad.

-Khorne
    -Khornate Axes
    -Furious Charge
    You have extremely expensive champions here. That and furious charge makes the squad very pricey compared to what i am used to. Do you realize that if you strip your champions down to a fist, talisman, and mutation, you could probably squeeze in another full squad?

1 Khornate Predator - 238
    -All round Las Cannons
    -Pintle Combi Bolter & Havoc Launcher
    -Extra Armour, Mutated Hull, PP, Smokes
    The purpose of a predator is reliable firepower every turn. The best way to make it the most reliable is to put demonic possession on it. Mutated hull is nice, but does not garantee that it will be able to fire next turn. Parasitic is extremely expensive, especially for something that only works half the time. I would drop parasitic and pick up demonic for it, and contemplate dropping mutated hull to pick up more troops. They are your lifeblood.
    Another squad will almost always benefit you more than a few upgrades to all squads. Remember: Troops before Toys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go with the Berserker glaive instead of the axe of khorne on the daemon prince. Your opponent will by trying to kill it anyway so it might as well get a 4+ invulnerable save. Also mastercrafting a gift of the god weapon (axe of khorne) is not allowed (see the errata).

I think your possessed are ok. The rending will let that unit literally kill anything. I'm assuming your lieutenant will lead the possessed.

Ok berserker squads. THe cost of your aspiring champion is 84 of 264 points (31.8%). Thats a lot of points for one model and some of his upgrades don't even help him that much.

The collar of khorne for instance only is useful is you know your fighting librarians or eldar.

Furious charge doesn't help the leader but helps your squad members. However with the higher I and S you are more likely to kill models. The enemy will just remove modesl which are in range of the powerfist preventing it from attacking.

Rage of khorne is really expensive and most of the time your getting +1 attack for 15 points. ON a champion that simply isn't worth it.

You don't really need visage but its only 2 points and can help that much more for break tests.

Your predator could use a little work. The tribble las cannon predator is really powerful but also really expensive. It is a tank killer thus you do not need a havoc launcher or a pintle mounted bolter. Since you have 3 anti tank busting weapons, get daemonic possession instead of parasitic possession and heavy armour. This way unless the vehicle is destroyed you can always fire.
    "Drop emergency bulkheads! Activate compression rams! Set internal bracing! Issue brace for impact alert! I repeat, brace for impact!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rage of khorne is really expensive and most of the time your getting +1 attack for 15 points. ON a champion that simply isn't worth it.
    Rage might have been worth it, but it doesn't always give you an extra attack. It replaces your +1 attack for charging. So you pay for an upgrade that 1/3 of the time will give you no benefit at all. Between that and only working on the charge, why pay so much for it.

Compare it to mutation. On the charge, 1/3 of the time you get one more attack with rage. 1/3 you get the same effect, and 1/3 you get one less.

When not charging, rage does nothing at all. mutation is the same or 2/3 of the cost, and has a steady advantage all the time. Rage is situational,and even in the right situation, 2/3 of the time, mutation doe the job better.

Does that make sense?
    Another squad will almost always benefit you more than a few upgrades to all squads. Remember: Troops before Toys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it makes sence, thats why the ACs have got both Rage and Mutation >.>

---Whole aim is to charge, slaughter win, charge next unit and repeat (in ture khornate fashion >.>)

The Rage on the HQs is a typo (cpoy pasted troops and forgot to edit them out)

Possessed are in the rhino for limited protection if I dont get the first turn, after that they can (hopefully) stay in the Rhino, charge up the field and then do as they wish - the Rhino just offers 'some' cover in the first couple of turns of shooting, and even if the Rhino is completely obliterated, its not like all of the possessed are going to be wiped out or pinned for long -_-

Collers are almost all round, for the very simple reason I dont want to make multiple lists to specialse against certain arimies (too much paper work) so Im make my troops ready to handle most things that Im thrown against (and theres quite a few Tzeentchians round here)

The Pred is there for something that can actually kill tanks and other heavyily armoured foes - I agree its not the best build out there, but its the one that has been serving me the best thus far (though I do want to replace it for either my Dreadnought or a Defiler if I ever get round to buying one)

So far this list has only been beated once by Witch Hunters (you would not believe how many 1s and 2s I rolled that game, I mean seriously from 1 Berzerker squad that charged in I got 23 1s and 2s to hit >.>)

Atm the only army I DO struggle against (when the Dice Gods arnt against me like above) are Necrons when the pack 2 or 3 Monaliths that my Berzerkers just seem to want to charge all of the time >.> (again another reason why Ive put a Pred in here)
    The Inquisition - 38-2-3

Tomb Kings - 1-1-1

Grey Company Elves - 16-1-3

Saurons Force of the Black - 8-1-3

It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possessed are in the rhino for limited protection if I dont get the first turn, after that they can (hopefully) stay in the Rhino, charge up the field and then do as they wish - the Rhino just offers 'some' cover in the first couple of turns of shooting, and even if the Rhino is completely obliterated, its not like all of the possessed are going to be wiped out or pinned for long -_-
    If you are going to try to keep them in there past the first turn, put smoke on it. It makes it much more surviveable. Plus, it's dirt cheap.

If you are set on tooling up your ACs that much, consider master crafting the fists instead of rage then. Another reroll will do nearly as much good as mutation. Somewhere Caluin has calculations that show it is just as effective as mutation when you have at least 3 attacks.

+ Reply to Thread