1500 pts undivided ultimate fast close combat - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts undivided ultimate fast close combat

Have had 4 victorious slaughters and one loss which was a solid victory for my necron opponent. i just couldn't take down his nightbringer

HQ
    Lord, m.o.n, d.flight, d.stature, Darkblade or Dreadaxe, d.str, d.aura, d.essence, b.pistol, frag, spiky bits - 182 pts

Chaos Lt, m.o.n, infiltrate, d.flight, d.mutation, m.craft lightning claws, d.str - 160 pts

TROOPS
    10x Daemonettes - 150 pts

5x Nurgle Marines, 2x meltas, 2x bolt pistol, 1 champ with p.fist
    Rhino, smoke launchers, extra armour - 201 pts

FAST ATTACK
    8x Furies - 120 pts

5x Raptors, Infiltrate, champ with p.fist - 193 pts

ELITE
    5x Chosen, 5x m.o.c.u, 5x champ, 5x bikes, 2x p.fist, 2x d.armour, daemon icon with daemonettes - 310 pts

HEAVY
    Spined Chaos Beast, m.o.k, d.speed, d.resilience - 175 pts
    This model is from forgeworld. Love it. Wish there was a close combat monster in the normal codex instead of all shooty units. Chaos is known for cc afterall.

total - 1491 pts

Deploy - Spined chaos beast, Rhino, Bikes and Lord out of line of sight. Same with infiltrating raptors and Chaos lt.
    1st turn - doesn't matter if you don't win initiative, everything should be out of line of sight. Raptors and Chaos Lt charge shooty units. Spined beast and Lord move into their positions. Rhino moves 12" towards their vehicles and pops smoke. Chosen bikes turbo boost so that daemonettes can charge next turn. They now have 3x 3+ invulnerable and 2x 2+ to deal with shooting.
    2nd turn - Spined beast and Lord charge. Chosen bikers auto summon daemonettes and both charge. If furies turn up charge. Rhino moves 12" towards vehicles and shoots 2x meltas. Then provide cc support.

Pretty much the whole army is in cc turn two which catches most opponents before they can do much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

HQ
    Lord, m.o.n, d.flight, d.stature, Darkblade or Dreadaxe, d.str, d.aura, d.essence, b.pistol, frag, spiky bits - 182 pts
    generally speed is considered better than flight but to each his own. Also, of the two daemon weapons the dreadaxe would probably be the more useful considering that as a statured prince you already ignore normal saves. Essence is a bit too costly for me and statured princes cannot have bolt pistols, this must be changed to a CCW.

Chaos Lt, m.o.n, infiltrate, d.flight, d.mutation, m.craft lightning claws, d.str - 160 pts
    If you change D. Flight to D. speed you can get a first turn charge with this guy. Also, mastercrafting the lightning claws is expensive, you could save some points by changing this to spiky bits. I am also a firm believer in giving HQs aura as well.

10x Daemonettes - 150 pts
    yay

5x Nurgle Marines, 2x meltas, 2x bolt pistol, 1 champ with p.fist
    Rhino, smoke launchers, extra armour - 201 pts
    Plague marines have true grit, you don't want them to have bolt pistols because their bolters count as a CCW. Also, I have found that plagues work better with plasma than with meltas.

8x Furies - 120 pts
    Furies are good

5x Raptors, Infiltrate, champ with p.fist - 193 pts
    These guys cost so many points that you do not want any of them to be striking last. I would change the fist to a PW + D. str. It allows you to get the most hits in as soon as possible.

5x Chosen, 5x m.o.c.u, 5x champ, 5x bikes, 2x p.fist, 2x d.armour, daemon icon with daemonettes - 310 pts
    This is a big waste of points just to get the daemon icon. The same thing as above about the raptors holds true here as well. With such an expensive unit you do not want to be striking last. I would change this unit to 5xnormal bikers, 2x melta, Furious charge, MoCU, AC w/ PW + D. str. This setup will save you almost 80 points and be MUCH more effective on the charge.

HEAVY
    Spined Chaos Beast, m.o.k, d.speed, d.resilience - 175 pts
    This model is from forgeworld. Love it. Wish there was a close combat monster in the normal codex instead of all shooty units. Chaos is known for cc afterall.
    The defiler will have the option of gaining FoF and having 6 attacks on the charge in the new dex.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

generally speed is considered better than flight but to each his own. Also, of the two daemon weapons the dreadaxe would probably be the more useful considering that as a statured prince you already ignore normal saves. Essence is a bit too costly for me and statured princes cannot have bolt pistols, this must be changed to a CCW.
    find with speed i have trouble charging units in cover. like the darkblade for the 8str. makes him almost the same as the bloodthirster and much cheaper. essence just makes him last a bit longer but is a bit expensive. forgot about the b.pistol rule. cheers. am thinking of droppin him but he's is my favourite miniature. just costs so much

If you change D. Flight to D. speed you can get a first turn charge with this guy. Also, mastercrafting the lightning claws is expensive, you could save some points by changing this to spiky bits. I am also a firm believer in giving HQs aura as well.
    always do get first turn charge. flight vs speed "see above". spiky bits is cheaper but a friend told me if i mastercraft i get two re-rolls because there is 2 claws. Do you know if this is true? didn't have the points for aura. if only...

Plague marines have true grit, you don't want them to have bolt pistols because their bolters count as a CCW. Also, I have found that plagues work better with plasma than with meltas.
    good point on true grit. why plasma instead though? at least melta's can hurt armour 14 and if the rhino moves the range is the same

These guys cost so many points that you do not want any of them to be striking last. I would change the fist to a PW + D. str. It allows you to get the most hits in as soon as possible.
    good point. will consider. powerfist seems to work ok but i can see your point. i remember a time or two when he is the last man standing and dies before he can do anything. just like that if i win initiative i can charge and hit a vehicle if i want. have killed many unsuspecting rhino. then you hit and run and charge the stranded squad next turn

This is a big waste of points just to get the daemon icon. The same thing as above about the raptors holds true here as well. With such an expensive unit you do not want to be striking last. I would change this unit to 5xnormal bikers, 2x melta, Furious charge, MoCU, AC w/ PW + D. str. This setup will save you almost 80 points and be MUCH more effective on the charge.
    have been thinkin about this already. just liked drawing a bit of fire power and shrugging it off with invulnerables. then daemon bombing him next turn. only time it hasn't worked was when some harlequins charged me because i forgot they ignore cover. too expensive though. maybe a 10xcc squad of chosen infiltrators would save 50 pts and give twice as many wounds. just love the auto summon turn two. also tried a squad of 5 with flight but also expensive. any other idea's?

The defiler will have the option of gaining FoF and having 6 attacks on the charge in the new dex.
    that sounds cool. where did you find out stuff about the new codex. i've been lookin for stuff on it? Wish they put the Spined Chaos Beast in too!!

Cheers for the feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

find with speed i have trouble charging units in cover. like the darkblade for the 8str. makes him almost the same as the bloodthirster and much cheaper. essence just makes him last a bit longer but is a bit expensive. forgot about the b.pistol rule. cheers. am thinking of droppin him but he's is my favourite miniature. just costs so much
    for 1 point this guy can have frag grenades, that solves the charging into cover problem. The 8 str the darkblade gives is understandable at least if you are trying to autokill str4 models.

always do get first turn charge. flight vs speed "see above". spiky bits is cheaper but a friend told me if i mastercraft i get two re-rolls because there is 2 claws. Do you know if this is true? didn't have the points for aura. if only...
    first turn charge with flight is difficult due to the fact that movement(12) + charge(6) = 18" and with infiltrate the rules state that you have to set up MORE than 18 inches away. Master crafting a pair of claws I would think only gives one re-roll because the rules for lighning claws state that they "count as a pair of CCW" not that they are a pair.

good point on true grit. why plasma instead though? at least melta's can hurt armour 14 and if the rhino moves the range is the same
    Meltas can hurt armor 14 but they require you to be extremely close where as with plague marines you want to be a stationary rapid firing tarpit. In which case the plasma's greater range and number of shots work better.

good point. will consider. powerfist seems to work ok but i can see your point. i remember a time or two when he is the last man standing and dies before he can do anything. just like that if i win initiative i can charge and hit a vehicle if i want. have killed many unsuspecting rhino. then you hit and run and charge the stranded squad next turn
    nothing sucks more than when your 50 point AC gets taken down on the charge before he can do anything useful.

have been thinkin about this already. just liked drawing a bit of fire power and shrugging it off with invulnerables. then daemon bombing him next turn. only time it hasn't worked was when some harlequins charged me because i forgot they ignore cover. too expensive though. maybe a 10xcc squad of chosen infiltrators would save 50 pts and give twice as many wounds. just love the auto summon turn two. also tried a squad of 5 with flight but also expensive. any other idea's?
    I would go with the example I gave you above, can't really think of anything else I would use for extra FA.

that sounds cool. where did you find out stuff about the new codex. i've been lookin for stuff on it? Wish they put the Spined Chaos Beast in too!!
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...mpilation.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for 1 point this guy can have frag grenades, that solves the charging into cover problem.
    sorry, misunderstood. problem i find is with the charge is that if charging into difficult terrain and you don't roll enough your unit is in the open. with flight at least my lord is right up against the terrain he wants to charge into and usually gets cover from other units. flight also means he has a reliable move. always know if i'll make that cover whereas with speed to many times i've rolled bad on my fleet of foot and been left in the open.

first turn charge with flight is difficult due to the fact that movement(12) + charge(6) = 18" and with infiltrate the rules state that you have to set up MORE than 18 inches away. Master crafting a pair of claws I would think only gives one re-roll because the rules for lighning claws state that they "count as a pair of CCW" not that they are a pair.
    infiltrate also says you can be 12" away if they are out of line of sight. with a single chaos lt this is easy. with flight you just "hop" over the terrain you were hiding behind and CHARGE!! works very well. am definitly thinkin of givin speed another go though. good point on the claws

I would go with the example I gave you above, can't really think of anything else I would use for extra FA.
    will try your example. sounds good. need to put in another unit of chosen for my daemon icon though. had to many bad scatters and my daemons shot to bits. probably could just get another unit of daemons as well as your bikes if i drop my chosen bikers but i didn't want to buy any more models till the new codex comes out. daemons don't look as good from the rumours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

sorry, misunderstood. problem i find is with the charge is that if charging into difficult terrain and you don't roll enough your unit is in the open. with flight at least my lord is right up against the terrain he wants to charge into and usually gets cover from other units. flight also means he has a reliable move. always know if i'll make that cover whereas with speed to many times i've rolled bad on my fleet of foot and been left in the open.
    coupled with infiltrate this should NEVER be a problem as you are garuanteed a first turn charge.

infiltrate also says you can be 12" away if they are out of line of sight. with a single chaos lt this is easy. with flight you just "hop" over the terrain you were hiding behind and CHARGE!! works very well. am definitly thinkin of givin speed another go though. good point on the claws
    Sure, flight works if you can get out of line of sight of your chosen target and within range but there will always be a chance that you won't be able to, speed is 100% garuanteed to get you into close combat on the first turn as long as it's used with infiltrate.

will try your example. sounds good. need to put in another unit of chosen for my daemon icon though. had to many bad scatters and my daemons shot to bits. probably could just get another unit of daemons as well as your bikes if i drop my chosen bikers but i didn't want to buy any more models till the new codex comes out. daemons don't look as good from the rumours
    Chosen are an absolute waste imo. You pay 3 more points per model for an extra point of LD and the option of making them even less cost efficient. Just grab another unit of daemons as the icon is not worth it imo. The new daemons are not going to be that great but then again, when the second codex with LatD and daemons comes out all of our favorite daemons will come back.

+ Reply to Thread