Thoughts on my nurgle army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on my nurgle army

I've been playing Warhammer 40k for about a month and a half and I went chaos undivided but decided Nurgle was the way for me. I'm going against a space marine army thats probly going to be using mainly heavy weapons. The army limit is set at 1500, and this is what i have:

HQ: Typhus

Mark of Nurgle; Sorceror; Daemonic Essence; Daemonic Resilience (MoN); Daemonic Visage; Manreaper; True Grit; Warp Talisman; Wind of Chaos; Affliction; Miasma of Pestilence; Terminator Armour; Nurgle's Rot; Nurgling Infestation
    5 Chosen Terminators
    Lightning Claw (x5); Combi-Meltagun (x4); Reaper autocannon (x1); Terminator Armour
    1 Chaos Sorceror
    Sorceror; Daemonic Fire; Daemonic Mutation; Daemonic Resilience; Daemonic Strength; Daemonic Visage; Lightning Claw; Combi-Bolter; Doombolt (x1); Bionics; Spiky Bits; Terminator Armour

Elite: 6 Chosen Terminators
    Mark of Nurgle; Daemonic Resilience (MoN); Lightning Claw (x6); Combi-Bolter (x4); Reaper autocannon (x2); True Grit; Terminator Armour

Troops: 10 Plague Marines
    Mark of Nurgle; Daemonic Resilience (MoN); Close Combat Weapon (x10); Boltgun (x; Plasmagun (x2); Move Through Cover; True Grit

Troops: Plague Marines
    Mark of Nurgle; Daemonic Resilience (MoN); Close Combat Weapon (x10); Boltgun (x; Plasmagun (x2); Move Through Cover; True Grit

Heavy Support: Land Raider
    Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Twin Linked Lascannon Sponsons; Fire Control; Infernal Device; Parasitic Possession; Smoke Launchers

Last edited by ClockWorkOrange; July 11th, 2007 at 00:34.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Okay, I'm still kind of a newb when it comes to army building myself, but there are a few common, and very key things to do with Nurgle that I think might help you out a lot. Now, you say you're just starting here, so I'll assume (like myself) that you actually only have so many models to play around with. I'm not one to say "Play your list completely differently with all different stuff" anyhow.

First: 7

Nurgle is all about 7. Have squads of 7, and that 7th man can be upgraded to an AC for free! Plus you can then give him Powerfisty goodness, and you'll have a much better unit for getting into CC.

So resize your two units to 7 and get those ACs in there. Then, it seems, you might even have the models for a third unit of 6, but try and get one more for that 7 and yet another free AC with a Powerfist.

With the squads shifted like this, you'll also get more tactical opportunity (three squads of 7 is better where positioning is concerned than two of 10).

And hey, for taking three very expensive options (Typhus, the Land Raider, and termies) it looks like you still have a lot of points to play around with to hit 1500.

Slap on some Daemonic Aura, Mutation, and/or Strength onto those ACs to beef them up to your desire (those are what I've found useful, at least).

Maybe toss a free Icon onto your squads and put some Plaguebearers in the list, too ... or Nurglings! (if you have them, of course)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks i've been wondering what it ment when i had 7 guys they were called favored

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hi, army lists should go in the Army Lists subforum. Keep that in mind for the future - I'll move this thread for you. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I always found nurgle works better with a very troop heavy army. For example I go with:

4 squads of 7 plague marines (2 with 2 plasma, 2 with 2 melta and infiltrate, all Champs have a power weapon and nurgles rot)

1 squad of 7 plague bearers

Great Unclean One

2 Tooled up Preds (all lascannons and extra armor iirc)

Lord, infiltrating, the scythe, demonic speed, demonic aura, and strength (iirc dont have my list handy and haven't played in a while).

This way I find I can generally get a first turn charge with my lord (as he charges 12") who infiltrates as part of a squad and detaches as he charges. Now he carves things up and can try to hop from one squad to the next.

The greater unclean one waits in one of my inflitrating melta squads who go tank hunting and pop out the unclean one and a pack of demons at an appropriatly useful moment.

Everyone else slowly wanders up the filed firing on anyone that shoots back, with the preds in support.

....now, back to my point. I'm not saying change your play style completly, but cult armies will always have a low model count, so investing too heavily in one unit or another can seriously hurt you if they get taken out. What you want to do is play to the strength of the army, nurgle has the best of the best when it comes to tough marines. So play on that and use them to your advantage.

Everyone complains about how tough normal marines are, add 1 toughness, and 2 attacks in melee and they are a real pain in the butt. Thats what you need to capatalise on. :yes:

Hope that helps, if not tell me to stfu and move on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well stfu thats only a ton of help!yeah but seriosly thanks i'll keep that in mind, as of right now i dont have any plaugebearers so i'll work something in there to take its place thanks for the help though

+ Reply to Thread